Waypoint Community Carnage Night

So, this coming Friday we will once again engage in our Waypoint Community Carnage Night. As always, we’re going to need a theme for that night. So, anyone have any suggestions?

Alright cool, WCCN V. I have a couple suggestions: We could do Invasion WCCN, We could even do a classic night on Halo 3 or we could do the grab bag thing we did on WCCN II.

Here’s some idea’s
1)Capture the Flag WCCN
2)Headhunter WCCN

Also I always wanted a UK WCCN because it’s always at about 12 at night when these one start so if I can I’ll do that if you want.

> Here’s some idea’s
> 1)Capture the Flag WCCN
> 2)Headhunter WCCN
>
> Also I always wanted a UK WCCN because it’s always at about 12 at night when these one start so if I can I’ll do that if you want.

1. CTF is a staple in WCCN for the most part.
  2. Headhunter would be okay, but for only a couple of matches.

UNSCWarhead is already getting a EU WCCN going. He has a thread somewhere around. Check it out and sign up.

Mutli-Team stuff would be fun in customs, but how many people put in spawns for all those teams?
Maybe some crazy Race variants while we are at it? Warthog racing, passenger has a sniper rifle.

I would love to try some classic gametypes on a few competitive classic maps (Lockout, ‘Magnus’(Wizard), Sanctuary etc). I have brought some interesting settings together that result in a 6 shot kill with the NR while not breaking the sandbox. If you would like to try something faster paced and a little different let me know.

What about coming up with custom settings for games?

If you give me an idea of what you want I could try to come up with some? (like my golf club ffa gametype)

I’m in. Actually, I’m interested in Novak’s idea, of playing some good ol’ Halo 3 BTB on Valhalla and Sandtrap. Terretories and invasion would be fun, too.

Yeah, I would appreciate a WCCN on Halo 3. I’m suffering from chopper separation sickness… (cough).

> Yeah, I would appreciate a WCCN on Halo 3. I’m suffering from chopper separation sickness… (cough).

I can see and understand the Halo 3 one, but why? Maybe make that one a special WCCN like we did with Grifball.

Another idea I think would be interesting would be to play some custom games with a filter on. Like Juicy or pen and paper.

> > Yeah, I would appreciate a WCCN on Halo 3. I’m suffering from chopper separation sickness… (cough).
>
> I can see and understand the Halo 3 one, but why? Maybe make that one a special WCCN like we did with Grifball.
>
> Another idea I think would be interesting would be to play some custom games with a filter on. Like Juicy or pen and paper.

Why? Well I guess I had the idea because just because a newer halo game is out doesn’t mean that we have to forget about ol’3. I thought it would be a nice change of pace just to do something of a “classic” night every few months or so. If we go on Halo 3 it doesn’t really mean that that is going to be the only thing we are playing, we could go back to Reach for the rest.

> > > Yeah, I would appreciate a WCCN on Halo 3. I’m suffering from chopper separation sickness… (cough).
> >
> > I can see and understand the Halo 3 one, but why? Maybe make that one a special WCCN like we did with Grifball.
> >
> > Another idea I think would be interesting would be to play some custom games with a filter on. Like Juicy or pen and paper.
>
> Why? Well I guess I had the idea because just because a newer halo game is out doesn’t mean that we have to forget about ol’3. I thought it would be a nice change of pace just to do something of a “classic” night every few months or so. If we go on Halo 3 it doesn’t really mean that that is going to be the only thing we are playing, we could go back to Reach for the rest.

True, but that involves changing out games and then partying back up again. Maybe I’m just lazy, but I’d rather just stick in one game and go at it. I know I will never forget Halo 3. I was held within it’s clutches for a very long time from the first day it came out. The only game that pulled me away from Halo 3 is Reach. I would like a Halo 3 WCCN, but not a mix of Reach and Halo 3, because I’m just too lazy to change out games.

> > > > Yeah, I would appreciate a WCCN on Halo 3. I’m suffering from chopper separation sickness… (cough).
> > >
> > > I can see and understand the Halo 3 one, but why? Maybe make that one a special WCCN like we did with Grifball.
> > >
> > > Another idea I think would be interesting would be to play some custom games with a filter on. Like Juicy or pen and paper.
> >
> > Why? Well I guess I had the idea because just because a newer halo game is out doesn’t mean that we have to forget about ol’3. I thought it would be a nice change of pace just to do something of a “classic” night every few months or so. If we go on Halo 3 it doesn’t really mean that that is going to be the only thing we are playing, we could go back to Reach for the rest.
>
> True, but that involves changing out games and then partying back up again. Maybe I’m just lazy, but I’d rather just stick in one game and go at it. I know I will never forget Halo 3. I was held within it’s clutches for a very long time from the first day it came out. The only game that pulled me away from Halo 3 is Reach. I would like a Halo 3 WCCN, but not a mix of Reach and Halo 3, because I’m just too lazy to change out games.

I agree, I think a Halo 3 night at some point would be a wonderful idea, but no mixing of the games.

I too think that we shouldn’t mix the games, mostly for hooking back up after the fact.

Someone here was suggesting objective based games. Do you all think that’s an agreeable choice?

> I too think that we shouldn’t mix the games, mostly for hooking back up after the fact.
>
> Someone here was suggesting objective based games. Do you all think that’s an agreeable choice?

Sure I would agree to objective games on Reach this WCCN but, one of these days I would really recommend doing a WCCN on ol’3. Just to mix things up a little, you know.

> I too think that we shouldn’t mix the games, mostly for hooking back up after the fact.
>
> Someone here was suggesting objective based games. Do you all think that’s an agreeable choice?

Objective on Reach sounds good. I would seriously consider doing one for Halo 3 in the near future though.

> > I too think that we shouldn’t mix the games, mostly for hooking back up after the fact.
> >
> > Someone here was suggesting objective based games. Do you all think that’s an agreeable choice?
>
> Sure I would agree to objective games on Reach this WCCN but, one of these days I would really recommend doing a WCCN on ol’3. Just to mix things up a little, you know.

Objective sounds good. Bunch of different types? HH, Territories, CTF, 1flag, oddball, hot potato, etc?

We’ll probably try to mix up the Objective types, yeah. That way it’ll have a bit more variety.

And we’ll definitely have a WCCN devoted to Halo 3, no worries on that part. I’m just holding off on it at the moment because I don’t have a copy of Halo 3 with me right now.

> We’ll probably try to mix up the Objective types, yeah. That way it’ll have a bit more variety.
>
> And we’ll definitely have a WCCN devoted to Halo 3, no worries on that part. I’m just holding off on it at the moment because I don’t have a copy of Halo 3 with me right now.

For shame…

> > We’ll probably try to mix up the Objective types, yeah. That way it’ll have a bit more variety.
> >
> > And we’ll definitely have a WCCN devoted to Halo 3, no worries on that part. I’m just holding off on it at the moment because I don’t have a copy of Halo 3 with me right now.
>
> For shame…

Well, I wasn’t expecting this positive reaction to playing it. And also, I can’t go get it because it’s two hours away at home, and I’m in the middle of Snowpocalypse 2011. D:

so what time tonight is it?