Waypoint Community Callouts

Hey guys, your moniker-confused pleasantly-mooded Grim here. While so many of us are ridiculously in love with everything from Forerunner lore to the excitement of a last-second flag cap, there is one overarching element that makes the Halo Universe what it is. It’s you guys. Us. The community itself. The story means nothing without the people to share it with. The multiplayer is non-existent without a rabid and dedicated fanbase.

Every so often, you’ll notice that through various features and writeups, members of the Halo Community are highlighted by everyone from 343 employees to Community Leaders for reasons that range from awesome art to helping run a tournament. Unfortunately, so many people and fans who do so much to make this community what it is go very unnoticed, though it has way more to do with how large the fanbase rather than how deserving they are. This is your chance to help out with that…

This thread is for you to call-out a community member that is awesome. For any reason you see fit. Maybe they will drop everything to help you grab that Endure Achievement. Maybe they are just a lot of fun to talk to while taking on the Covenant. Maybe they produce some awesome Machinima pieces that get lost in the deluge. No matter what, here is your chance to highlight them in a positive way. Highlighting and encouraging each other is one of the best ways to not just make the community itself stronger, but the Halo Universe richer as a whole. And who knows, maybe you’ll find a few new friends to share the next ten years of Halo with.

So have at it, Spartans. Let us know who your Halo Community heroes are. There’s no limit on how many posts you can make, so every time you think someone needs positive mentioning, make a post about them here, and give them that pat on the MJOLNIR. I’m really excited to see what you all have to say about each other, and in my opinion, there’s no more perfect way to kick of Halo’s Anniversary than this…

<4
Grim

Are we alowed to callout ourselves?

Great thread, I’ll be posting after some sleep : )

Figured I’d start us off. Das Kalk, I’m calling you out. DK is one of my favorite people in the Halo Community. He is a ton of fun to play with (I know Cruel LEGACEY, twss), but even more than that, he is an absolute blast to talk to both in and out of the game. He helps run a strong community over at Spirits of Fire, and is always encouraging others. The man bleeds positive vibes, especially after a SWAT match with me (mainly because I have failed to lay down good covering fire for him yet again).

Can’t wait to meet up with him and his clan again at PAX, and I certainly hope we’ll remain friends long after the Halo-effect has softened.

Grim

> Are we alowed to callout ourselves?

Rofl… it might mean a bit more if someone else does it. :wink:

Grim

Im going to say Gwath Gil because of the awesome work he has done to contibute to Halo: Reach canon by making A Fistfull of Arrows. His comic is amazing and he has put a lot of time into it. He is very humble and a great artist.

> Im going to say Gwath Gil because of the awesome work he has done to contibute to Halo: Reach canon by making A Fistfull of Arrows. His comic is amazing and he has put a lot of time into it. He is very humble and a great artist.

Right there with you on that one man. Gwathviathan is one amazing dude. :wink: If you’ve never seen his work, check it out at leviathan.bungie.org.

Grim

PMS DaxSeven09, I’m calling you out. Rachel is one of the most friendliest gals you’ll ever come across with. I remember once I joined in one of the chat parties she had. I didn’t talk due to my bad accent. Then she asked me why, so I told her. Then she quit her party and invited me to talk with her privately. In my whole life I didn’t see someone do that. She also helped me out to make the European WCCN. Even her knowledge is awesome! She even knew about the King and Empress of Persia. She is well known here too, She always helps you out when you’re in trouble. I’m sure you saw her useful posts every where.
<3
Ashkan

I’m calling out Path of Hope for organising the first Waypoint Community Carnage Night for us “time-zone-impaired” non-Americans. Great work, great fun, great guy!

And I’m also calling out gabotron15 for going through all the work of creating the Waypoint Community Photo. Awesome work!

> I’m calling out Path of Hope for organising the first Waypoint Community Carnage Night for us “time-zone-impaired” non-Americans. Great work, great fun, great guy!
>
> And I’m also calling out gabotron15 for going through all the work of creating the Waypoint Community Photo. Awesome work!

Hey Thanks! You’re a great guy too.

> I’m calling out Path of Hope for organising the first Waypoint Community Carnage Night for us “time-zone-impaired” non-Americans. Great work, great fun, great guy!

I’ll second that one :slight_smile:

I’d like to shout out to my entire fireteam for being simply awesome, all of the time…

Loreweaver & Snickerdoodle for managing the Reach Daily Challenges blog, play dates & being more than a little bit fab.

Broken Tears for creating the achievement helper program, and for his comedy BLARG HONKS.

UNSC Warhead because he was the first person to add me to the carnage nights, and I pretty much have him to thank for making the leap into posting in the forums, playing with the community & falling in love with Halo music all over again :slight_smile:

I’m going to call out: erickyboo because his posts usually make me laugh and laughing makes my day just that much brighter :smiley:

Desperately watches to see if I’m mentioned
Sees nothing.
Cries

My obvious callout has to be BS Angel, she’s nice to me :3 and unlike the Bungie forum mods when I ask her a question she doesn’t tell me to dig myself a grave and fall in it.

> > I’m calling out Path of Hope for organising the first Waypoint Community Carnage Night for us “time-zone-impaired” non-Americans. Great work, great fun, great guy!
>
> I’ll second that one :slight_smile:

Thanks!.

I’m going to give a posthumous callout to Ninja Orca, for organizing the first ever WCCN, before it was even named that, and drawing a lot of the newcomers back then, in the early days of this forum, into the fray. One of them was me, and shortly after, we were both offered to become CL’s, which have gained me lots and lots of new friends, which I’m going to be ever greatful for. He was also a allround nice guy, that was always available for help, or whatever. To me, he’s the original leader of this Community, even though he didn’t say much. RIP Conrad.

<4

erickyboo
If it wasnt for him the halo wars revalution would of never really started
I wish I could pay him back but This is all I can do as of now.
sorry ericky

Noble 29, without a doubt.

Being Kiwi, I deal and have dealt with severe lag for the vast majority of my 10, 000+ recorded H3 games, and believe me, being restricted by lag over such a period of time gets extremely draining.

There is very little I can respect more than having an American I’d never played with, only talked with across a forum, ask what happened during a game --rather than randomly slinging terms and words around-- and actually taking the time to understand both sides of the lag issue.

This particular reason only got stronger when he went on to correctly explain what happened to another user when they wondered what had happened to them.

Playing on Xbox LIVE can be an incredibly negative experience at times and 10, 000+ severely laggy games where I’m almost always blamed for the lag by the uninformed Host team left me with an extremely low opinion of other players and nations.

It’s a gratifying experience to find someone the complete opposite, and a rare experience. There’s plenty more alongside this, and that’s why he’s one of the ones I respect most online.

Cultural awareness is high on my list of respected traits and along with being an extremely mature, respectful poster who’s always willing to help others, the above reason and a whole host of others are the reasons there’s no one more appropriate for me to bring up here.

Giving a callout to a friend I’ve known for years now, in and out of the game. EpicOverkill982.

Great to talk to, help each other out and we generally always have fun, whether it be Matchmaking, Custom Games, Firefight or Forge.

Virtual high five!

I actually don’t know any people, so i can’t give any callouts.
But those who are helpful and active in the forums are doing a great job!

> I actually don’t know any people, so i can’t give any callouts.
> But those who are helpful and active in the forums are doing a great job!

Just call out a suitable friend online if not, it’s a cool thing to do if you want to :slight_smile: