Way to fix assassination kill stealing

The player being assassinated goes into a state of armour lock, where outside fire cannot harm them. However, your knife can and you’re only able to kill them. However, the assassinator is still able to be killed and the person saved. Suggestions?

I say if the animation starts, the kill should be locked in. The person who steals it gets an assist.

> 2533274804898926;2:
> I say if the animation starts, the kill should be locked in. The person who steals it gets an assist.

If that were the case then your team mates can’t save you. Assassinations are all a way of insulating your enemy, like tea baging. Sure if your team mates steals you kill, then he’s a jerk. However, if you don’t want your kill stolen, just use a beat down instead. Its in the game for this reason. Nobody is forcing you to assassinate.

> 2533274802862198;3:
> > 2533274804898926;2:
> > I say if the animation starts, the kill should be locked in. The person who steals it gets an assist.
>
>
> If that were the case then your team mates can’t save you. Assassinations are all a way of insulating your enemy, like tea baging. Sure if your team mates steals you kill, then he’s a jerk. However, if you don’t want your kill stolen, just use a beat down instead. Its in the game for this reason. Nobody is forcing you to assassinate.

And why should I let someone who is not able to get an assassination have the kill. If there was a BR duel and then someone came up and started an assassination on him, I would turn my head to another target because he earned the kill before me. People who are sneaky and quick should be rewarded with the kill rather than have it taken from them by someone else.

thats a perfect idea OP can’t see why thats not how it is to begin with

Then what would the point of beatdowns be, also correct me if Im wrong halo never had such a feature, lets not change everything in halo now

A way to stop assassination kill stealing? Get rid of assassinations. Or make them fast. A knife to the neck and move on.

Why do people get so butthurt about people cutting off their 5 second animation? Like, who cares. I make an effort to not steal assassinations because I know people rage over it, but I could give a -Yoink- less, people do it to me all the time and I just move on. You should too.

LOL This is such a bad idea for so many reasons. Here’s one obvious one I just came up with:

Player A is assassinating Player B. Player B is “invincible except by knife.” Player A can still be killed. One random grenade, let’s say thrown by a teammate of Player A, lands at their feet. Player A dies, but Player B lives.

How is that fair? In any way? Just so that Player A had the “chance” of getting an assassination kill.

If I see teammates assassinating, and I’m not actively doing anything else more important, I will shoot that player. Assassinations waste time and it’s cool if you want to do it but don’t get butthurt when I steal it, which happens once every 10 times I try, so it’s not a huge deal.

Sounds like a lame solution to a non-problem.

> 2535434496323314;9:
> LOL This is such a bad idea for so many reasons. Here’s one obvious one I just came up with:
>
> Player A is assassinating Player B. Player B is “invincible except by knife.” Player A can still be killed. One random grenade, let’s say thrown by a teammate of Player A, lands at their feet. Player A dies, but Player B lives.
>
> How is that fair? In any way? Just so that Player A had the “chance” of getting an assassination kill.
>
> If I see teammates assassinating, and I’m not actively doing anything else more important, I will shoot that player. Assassinations waste time and it’s cool if you want to do it but don’t get butthurt when I steal it, which happens once every 10 times I try, so it’s not a huge deal.

Thats fine ill be sure to betray you if take my assassination

> 2535435959089813;11:
> > 2535434496323314;9:
> > LOL This is such a bad idea for so many reasons. Here’s one obvious one I just came up with:
> >
> > Player A is assassinating Player B. Player B is “invincible except by knife.” Player A can still be killed. One random grenade, let’s say thrown by a teammate of Player A, lands at their feet. Player A dies, but Player B lives.
> >
> > How is that fair? In any way? Just so that Player A had the “chance” of getting an assassination kill.
> >
> > If I see teammates assassinating, and I’m not actively doing anything else more important, I will shoot that player. Assassinations waste time and it’s cool if you want to do it but don’t get butthurt when I steal it, which happens once every 10 times I try, so it’s not a huge deal.
>
>
> Thats fine ill be sure to betray you if take my assassination

I think its safe to say he’ll be fine with kicking you and to an extension banning you, kill stealing is not good or bad it still a kill for the team it still helps it, however team killing is all bad and is the real problem kill stealing is loads better than team killing.

If I’m playing in Arena, I don’t do Assassinations; just beat-down. The movement of enemies is too fast to waste time looking at an animation when a kill for my squad counts the same either way.

Conversely, I do see semi-often players doing assassinations and then getting killed by opponents when they could have saved time.

I don’t see this as an issue. Be smart about when you do it.

> 2535405450804460;12:
> > 2535435959089813;11:
> > > 2535434496323314;9:
> > > LOL This is such a bad idea for so many reasons. Here’s one obvious one I just came up with:
> > >
> > > Player A is assassinating Player B. Player B is “invincible except by knife.” Player A can still be killed. One random grenade, let’s say thrown by a teammate of Player A, lands at their feet. Player A dies, but Player B lives.
> > >
> > > How is that fair? In any way? Just so that Player A had the “chance” of getting an assassination kill.
> > >
> > > If I see teammates assassinating, and I’m not actively doing anything else more important, I will shoot that player. Assassinations waste time and it’s cool if you want to do it but don’t get butthurt when I steal it, which happens once every 10 times I try, so it’s not a huge deal.
> >
> >
> > Thats fine ill be sure to betray you if take my assassination
>
>
> I think its safe to say he’ll be fine with kicking you and to an extension banning you, kill stealing is not good or bad it still a kill for the team it still helps it, however team killing is all bad and is the real problem kill stealing is loads better than team killing.

You know in arena as long a enemy damaged him enough its not a betrayal so i can keep it up for a long time

Everyone says turn assassinations off… but yet you need them for the Achillies Armor/Helmet unlock. So therefore, we need it fixed, so people can finish their commendations.

Get over it. I dont actively look to steal assassinations but there are times where it just happens accidentally. Like if I see a red dot on my motion tracker behind i’ll swing around and start shooting, i have no indication that red dot is in the process of being animated by a teammate. So one or two of my shots may connect and take the kill. Whoops, sorry. Move on to the next.

Sometimes it is better for your teamates to steal your kill, during the animation you are very vulnerable. Yes it is very annoying when you are perfectly safe and your kill gets stolen, but that is just the way things go.

Your initial idea makes no sense since armor lock existed to prevent damage, having someone go into it while simultaneously being assassinated sounds more like a bug/glitch looking to be exploited. Plus armor lock is gone now. My best advice would be to pay it forward. If you see a teammate getting an assassination stop shooting. I’ve had a good number taken from me due to people who don’t care but I’ve also seen about an equal number stop and let me carry on. I’ve also stood by and watched some people assassinate enemies I was just shooting at and watched as they finished their animation. Not like this is some magic bullet but at least this would reduce some tension people have regarding it when you’re in a position to exercise action. That being said one of the few times to continue shooting is when you see a second enemy getting ready to kill your teammate mid assassination, in which case his life is already forfeit and there’s very little chance they would of finished it to begin with if they’re already being targeted.

Try assassinating an enemy who is isolated and make sure your teammates aren’t around.