Waterworks Remake

Who wants a Map Pack just to see This… And they should name it, Watering Hole.

This image is only a basic, simple and General idea of what a Waterworks Remake Could look like…Here is a Comparision of the two maps for those who are curious…
Original Waterworks > Waterworks Remake

I’d prefer a Death Island remake.

I’ll prefer a Valhalla remake, oh wait :smiley:

I wouldn’t mind The Pit, Guardian, and some other ones which i can’t remember.

That pictue hurts my eyes. It gets the point across, but wow… DAT PHOTOSHOP.

Waterworks would be a great Remake! I hope to see more Halo 2 Anniversary info, or at least some moar H2 Remakes :wink:

i really want a waterworks remake too. and since the map is around a forerunner mining facility my vote for the remake name is Excavation

As long as it comes with Containment and Relic and Terminal and the other awesome Halo maps.

> i really want a waterworks remake too. and since the map is around a forerunner mining facility my vote for the remake name is Excavation

And maybe they could be mining for more than rare stones… Maybe they could be storing flood deep down in the mines?.. Because the flood infection couldn’t spread down in a deep mine?..

> > i really want a waterworks remake too. and since the map is around a forerunner mining facility my vote for the remake name is Excavation
>
> And maybe they could be mining for more than rare stones… Maybe they could be storing flood deep down in the mines?.. Because the flood infection couldn’t spread down in a deep mine?..

haha why not just kill the flood rather than bury it?

> > > i really want a waterworks remake too. and since the map is around a forerunner mining facility my vote for the remake name is Excavation
> >
> > And maybe they could be mining for more than rare stones… Maybe they could be storing flood deep down in the mines?.. Because the flood infection couldn’t spread down in a deep mine?..
>
> haha why not just kill the flood rather than bury it?

Hmmmm… Good point.

Well Maybe they put flood into the mine once they were done with it, and dropped criminals into it as punishment.

Or Maybe they studied them down there were they thought it would be safe even if a accidental outbreak occurred.

Or Maybe they were drilling and digging, etc. and accidentally unearthed the flood!

That picture gave me a seizure.

> That picture gave me a seizure.

Yeah, sorry about that ':-/

I’m not only new to Photoshop (less than 8 months and I only use it about once MAYBE twice a month), but I’m also using a SD laggy monitor on a Crappy old computer with a Wireless mouse with low battery, and My version of photoshop says CS3 and its not updated either lol.

I’M really behind the times. Damn Economy with its overprice software, and Technology, and lack of employments offering jobs to people who desperately need them.

> > That picture gave me a seizure.
>
> Yeah, sorry about that ':-/
>
> I’m not only new to Photoshop (less than 8 months and I only use it about once MAYBE twice a month), but I’m also using a SD laggy monitor on a Crappy old computer with a Wireless mouse with low battery, and My version of photoshop says CS3 and its not updated either lol.
>
> I’M really behind the times. Damn Economy with its overprice software, and Technology, and lack of employments offering jobs to people who desperately need them.

It’s understandable, I couldn’t have done much better either lol. Like someone else said, it does at least get the point across. I just wasn’t expecting that, no offence.

On topic, I’d love a Waterworks remake. But not before Containment, Relic, or Terminal.

I logged a lot of hours in Halo 2, and have fond memories of Waterworks. Making a leap of faith to jack a banshee at the top middle that was trying to stop me from sniping and watching the guy drop forever was my favorite. Then spending forever trying to copy a video of 2 guys leaping out of their banshees and into the others and finally nailing it. I never found any good forge recreations, maybe someday.

No offense, but that looks absolutely dreadful. I prefer the original Waterworks.

> No offense, but that looks absolutely dreadful. I prefer the original Waterworks.

This. I still get 8v8 matches on Halo 2 whenever I host that map online.

> i really want a waterworks remake too. and since the map is around a forerunner mining facility my vote for the remake name is Excavation

GREAT name. Fits the “one-word” naming scheme of the maps recently, and definitely sounds “Halo”.

Hell, I mean, there are already 3 ways to play waterworks online still…

There is a version of Waterworks for Halo 1 Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista,

and of course, you can still play waterworks on the original Halo 2 Xbox Release online like I do. A remake would ruin that map. The wraith is what made that map for me, and the wraith is nowhere near as good as it was in H2. Trust me, a remake would make the map worse.

They’d probably remove the gimmicky stalagtites, too.

Nah, I think it could be done well actually. With today’s graphics (especially form what I’ve seen of Halo 4’s maps so far; beautiful), and add some occasional puddles for reflections, add in some sort of ore/crystals for ambient lighting and such; very “sci-fi looking” while still having that damp, dark underground feel to it… I think it’d be beautiful.

Think “Trine” (the Indie game on XBL and such) or the cavern sequences of Final Fantasy X, if anyone here had a PS2 like I did and loves RPGs, lol. Like this (poor quality, sorry).

Or even just a dark cavern type feel with some Forerunner lighting throughout. Would be dope looking contrast, n’est-ce pas?

I’m a designer (and a developer) if you couldn’t tell lol.

I would absolutely love this map to be remade. This was one of my favorite bigger Halo 2 maps.

Eh :confused: I’d prefer Sandbox, Sandtrap, or Foundry. Maybe even Standoff or High Noon.