Watchers....

I’m not complaining about them, but I have one question.
CAN THEY BE ASSASSINATED?!?!
I’ve tried, but they have either spun around or fled at the last moment, leaving me to weep in the shadow of their ascent.

I don’t think so.

They’re flying…So that’d be hard to do.

Yes, they can be assassinated. I do it quite often in Spartan Ops.

How can you assassinate them if they ALWAYS look in your direction and (most important) they fly? Max I could do is punch them while jumping, but it results just with a kill (or with them flying away scared)

yes they can. it looks epic! just have another player distract them and take them from behind.

Yes and it is quite pleasurable to assassinate those annoying idiotic machines.

If they are, someone should record it and post the video. I’m curious as to what it looks like. I was also curious when I heard the crawlers were able to be assassinated until I actually did it yesterday. OMG sweet!

Edit: Just looked up a YouTube video that shows the Watcher assassination. AWESOME!!! Here’s the link: Skip to 5:08 for the watcher.

> How can you assassinate them if they ALWAYS look in your direction and (most important) they fly? Max I could do is punch them while jumping, but it results just with a kill (or with them flying away scared)

-Have someone else get their attention.
-Decoy
-While they’re repairing something they are completely stationary and will not look at you.

There you go. Three ways to stab the jerks in the back.

I haven’t seen or done it, but I’ve been told you can do it.

Youtubed it real fast, at 5:10. Pretty cool.

Edit: not fast enough…got here with only two posts, and by the time I do, a dozen more with the same answer beat me :frowning:

Yes you can, I have done it many times before, but you have to wait until they try to spawn new enemies or revive Knights, because they will go into stasis and from there you can hit them in the back and ride them for a bit until you finally pull them apart by their wings.

> How can you assassinate them if they ALWAYS look in your direction and (most important) they fly? Max I could do is punch them while jumping, but it results just with a kill (or with them flying away scared)

when you assasinate them you grab them by their wings (the circle thingies) and they start flying around and you stab them in the head

I haven’t seen it but I’ve heard it can be done. It sounds pretty freaking epic too.

I didn’t know you could assassinate the crawlers up until yesterday. I had tried numerous times and finally got it to work. It seems to be a pretty touchy hit box.