Watchdog coatings after launch

So I dropped the grind for it months ago as my workload got too much to juggle. but I am curious if anyone finished the grind after Infinite’s launch and has received the coatings (more curious than anything really. still probably not gonna grind for it over the holidays)

1 Like

Players currently can still get it after launch a group I was in had a few guys hit 152 just two days ago and confirmed they were awarded it.

5 Likes

Anyone know if it still can be unlocked now that it’s almost march? Any tips for getting to 152 asap?

Tip: it’s not worth it.

3 Likes

Why isn’t it worth it? I’m currently SR 129

1 Like

Because I’m SR147 and not even half way through the grind it takes to get to 152…so you’ll be playing every day for at least another 6-12 months.

2 Likes

3 reasons

1. You have a very long way to go in a game with declining population.
  2. Do you have a group that you play with? There are issues now with spartan companies
  3. Take a look at what youll get in relation to the effort. The armour coloring is not as originally promised. Do you know what youll actually get?

I was playing for fun and to prove to friends that hitting 152 wasnt impossible. I was almost at 150 when 343 made the watchdog announcement.
But even if they didnt, i was gonna hit 152 anyway.

1 Like

I don’t care that much for the coating to be honest, but I want to reach max level. 146 now, which is only 18% of 152. Maybe Infinite is in a better state when I finish the grind to 152 next year.

And I currently have more fun in the MCC and Halo 5 as in Infinite.

Then see my post above.
Have fun, as far as i know you can still get it, but in 3 months?
Dont expect any 343 reply since theyve been silent about any of this for a very long time.
Maybe to sell req packs.

1 Like

I think it will take more as 3 months to fix Infinite

1 Like

I’m 152 and the armor you get isn’t the armor you were shown. 343 shafted the 152’s over hard. And then put the watchdog weapon coatings as a HCS twitch drop.

Seriously, and I mean this, no sarcasm or BS: this game is not worth your time.

4 Likes

Absolutely this
Unless its just for fun, dont bother, and at this rate, dont expect an official reply.

1 Like

yeah I agree
but.
im psycho enough to still grind to lvl 152 cause halo 5’s mythic firefight or warzone as a whole is fun

2 Likes

You’ll probably enjoy 5 more than infinite right now. I’ve gone back to playing some matches, and I do enjoy them but my skills for 5 have dropped since infinite release.

3 Likes

have the servers been getting more people? like in december and january while home for the holidays matchmaking was like shooting in the dark (besides customs, which work @ launch lol)

-Yoink!- I want the watchdog coating so bad. It actual looks like a cool weapon skin and not just a color swap.

Can we still get it?

1 Like

Yes we can still get it. But how any of that rewards are transferred over to Infinite… I don’t know the process behind that. I am SR 147 now and I still have more fun at Halo 5 and MCC as in Infinite.

I’m also 147 on Halo5…but from my calculations that’s still a good 6 months of grinding every day to get to 152. It sounds ridiculous but the amount of XP attained at 147 is still only a small fraction of what is required to get to 152. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

You are correct.

Keep your head down and keep grinding. You’ll all get there.

1 Like