Waste?

Ever feel like you should’t have bothered wasting your money on this game? Like this wasn’t a smart investment?

You honestly can’t blame yourselves though, I for one was majorly pumped for halo 4. Reading all about the spartan IV’s, watching that dawn film, watching every possible gameplay/campaign-ish scene I could, Oh yeah I was thrilled.

Now my smartest FPS shooter investment was bf3, though I turned my back on it when 4 came out and even posted “sayonara” on the forums. Now 2 years later I’m back to playing it and even brought halo 4 friends over after their disappointment with the game too.

To get to the point, was this a waste to you? 20k population with randomness and bleh? But I suppose the remaining fans will strongly disagree

For me, Halo 4 was not a waste at all. In fact, despite it’s countless flaws, it is indeed, personally, my favorite game.

November 6, 2012
Despite 343 Industries’ rough, rocky start, Halo 4 was the game that sparked my interest in gaming and took my interest in the franchise to new heights. This event lead to my meeting and befriending many cool new people through the series, learning and enjoying Halo a whole lot more, and becoming a community member with a slightly louder voice.

By “community member with a slightly louder voice”, I do not mean I am a popular member or a big name in the community at all. I am just a regular Halo fan who has been fortunate enough to have gone noticed.

Halo 4 is a game that has helped me through some personal struggles in life, and what has made so many cool and unique experiences possible for me such as being able to play on the Castle Map Pack early.

I greatly enjoy the Campaign, Spartan Ops, Forge, Customs, Theater, music, immersion, story, and Matchmaking of Halo 4. But this is because I am able to look past the flaws as they don’t affect me greatly, which allows me to see and recognize the game’s true inner beauty.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Halo 4 is the most disappointing game in the series for me its like they learned nothing from reach. Halo 4 is the most random and dumbed down version of Halo I’ve ever played.

Those two statements sum up my thoughts about this abysmal sorry excuse for a halo game.

While it’s not the best game ever, it still beats anything besides Halo CE, 2, and 3.
So I don’t believe it was a waste.
However, like OompaMyLoompaa said, this game and 343i have allowed me to become more involved than ever before.
So I’m grateful for that.

I mean I could at least play reach for 2 years with friends always playing and then go to customs/firefight to have fun if MM was too annoying. 4 lasted me a good couple months until I hit max rank then got bored and frustrated with every match.

And to think i waited till midnight in a line at bestbuy for only months of minor enjoyment

In my opinion Halo 4 was in fact the best Halo game made to date, make no mistake I have been a Halo fan since E3 2000 when Bungie first unveiled it (I know there was a version that Bungie showed in 1999 that was for Apple…but SHHHH! we don’t need to complicate things) I do understand everyone is entitled to their opinion and i respect that, but aside from AA’s, load outs, and armor mods, can someone really give me a good reason as to how this game is not like Halo 3, just saying :slight_smile:

> Ever feel like you should’t have bothered wasting your money on this game? Like this wasn’t a smart investment?

Nope, In fact it’s my second favorite game in the franchise.

> I mean I could at least play reach for 2 years with friends always playing and then go to customs/firefight to have fun if MM was too annoying. 4 lasted me a good couple months until I hit max rank then got bored and frustrated with every match.
>
> And to think i waited till midnight in a line at bestbuy for only months of minor enjoyment

Sorry to hear that you are not enjoying the game. But you are not the only one disappointed with Halo 4.

Find and play a game you like then, and come back to Halo when/if you feel like giving it another chance :slight_smile:

Oh im back on halo, reach :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll love halo till the end. Just not this in any way shape or form

For how short the game lasted I wouldn’t say I got my full money’s worth in Halo 4. I paid same price for Halo 3 and am still playing it. I’ve sucked every dollars worth out of that game and It’s still worth the price I paid for it back in 2007.

Sometimes, considering I can really afford to get a game every few months. I’ve had some fun times with it, though. It didn’t last as long as some other games, but I feel it was a good buy. It just didn’t have much point to replaying it.

The day I see buying a Halo game as being a “waste” is the day that… Um… Well okay I can’t think of anything. Point is, I didn’t think it was a waste “in any way or form”.

The only time I ever get bogged down is when I have played 17 hours straight and realize I should be in bed since I have work the next day :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So far 17 hours without switching games is my current record. Though that’s just switching games, and not including taking an hour or so as a break from Xbox in general. I haven’t played Halo that long in one go since Halo CE.

I think you need help, from one human to another honestly

> I think you need help, from one human to another honestly

Heh, my job involves me staying up for very long hours. I haven’t had a normal schedule since I got it ^^

Is only natural I’d end up spending half the day and night doing what I love most.

Seventeen is probably a bit of an exaggeration regardless, but I have found myself playing long streaks of Halo 4 without swapping to other games. Long as in more than just a few hours.

> > Ever feel like you should’t have bothered wasting your money on this game? Like this wasn’t a smart investment?
>
> Nope, In fact it’s my second favorite game in the franchise.

Well I do stay on battlefield for hours on end so I guess I can relate. lol

You like something I don’t! Then your a nerd!!! Dx nah jk

> Ever feel like you should’t have bothered wasting your money on this game? Like this wasn’t a smart investment?
>
> You honestly can’t blame yourselves though

You’ve got 285 hours of play time, that’s 17100 minutes. If you bought the game for £40 that means you’ve paid £0.002/minute or £0.40/hour of play time.

For the money that’s a pretty fantastic return, the bigger question is was it worth your time? And if not, you can hardly blame anyone but yourself for 285 hours lost…

I’m not saying you should be happy with this game, but for someone with 285 hours of play time I find it ridiculous that you could even suggest this game has been a waste of your money.

To add some perspective, for you to have seen as much return from a £8 2 hour DVD, you’d have had to watch it 40 times. How often have you managed that?

Reach was a waste in my opinion.

> In my opinion Halo 4 was in fact the best Halo game made to date, make no mistake I have been a Halo fan since E3 2000 when Bungie first unveiled it (I know there was a version that Bungie showed in 1999 that was for Apple…but SHHHH! we don’t need to complicate things) I do understand everyone is entitled to their opinion and i respect that, <mark>but aside from AA’s, load outs, and armor mods, can someone really give me a good reason as to how this game is not like Halo 3,</mark> just saying :slight_smile:

You answered your own question lol. AAs are crutches. Loadouts have caused more imbalance than tactical variety. Armor mods are perks that change base player traits and enhance the more annoying features in the game like Sprint and AAs. It comes down to Halo 4 not being an arena shooter. 343 didnt improve the best of any Halo game when it comes to MP IMO.

They didnt improve customization. I’m talking about Custom Games not this custom loadout cluster fudge we have now. They didnt improve balance. They didnt improve ranking. They didnt improve Co-op. They didnt improve campaign mission structure. This one means a lot to me because every Halo has at least one memorable mission except Halo 4.

Halo CE- 2nd level and Flood reveal
Halo 2- Arbiter introduction and Oracle level
Halo 3- 1st Scarab fight
Halo Reach- Long Night of Solace is probably the most epic mission in the Halo series. New Alexandria is also great especially for co-op.
Halo4- all I can say is the custscenes were beautiful but the missions were forgettable. Quick time events are so lame… And no campaign theater!!!

I guess my point is Halo’s signature elements were ignored and/or butchered in favor of popular gaming trends like perks and scoretreaks. 343 went in the wrong direction.