WASPS ADD UNWANTED STING TO DEADLOCK

Before I begin, let me just say that I love Halo 5 and spend many hours each week playing various modes including Warzone. I’ve played since Combat Evolved (system link) but Halo 5 arguably stands as my favourite multiplayer experience to date. However I have very fond memories of Halo 3, in particular Stand Off, which is a map that has been forged and brought up to date in Halo 5. Fantastic. It’s called Deadlock and it’s one of my favourites… However, now 343i have placed 2 Wasps on the map and it completely changes how the map plays out. 2 is too many. I agree with the singular Wasp on Guillotine, but there is no need for Wasps on Deadlock. Don’t get me wrong, I like the Wasp as it is quite well balanced in terms of strength and power. But I don’t believe there is a place for it on Deadlock. Especially not 2. But what do you guys think? Comments welcome

Wait the wasp is in btb? What exactly maps is it in.

Yeah BTB playlist, 2 Wasps on big team slayer on Deadlock and 1 on Guillotine. That’s just what I saw. And they seem to respawn very frequently too! It’s a bit much I feel

Woah what the hell? On Deadlock? That’s insane. I wouldn’t even put a wasp on Deadlock. That right there is a ground map. 343i what are you doing?

> 2533274805075298;4:
> Woah what the hell? On Deadlock? That’s insane. I wouldn’t even put a wasp on Deadlock. That right there is a ground map. 343i what are you doing?

I know right? It just doesn’t go down well. You see on Guillotine the wasp replaces the Banshee… Fair enough. But on Deadlock there previously were no air vehicles… For good reason too! But yeah, now you got 2 Wasps hovering over you the whole game… I really hope they reconsider these inclusions.

It would’ve been better to make something like a remake of Avalanche for BTB instead of unnecessarily adding it to current ones since the Hornet can be replaced with the Wasp.

> 2533274829635670;6:
> It would’ve been better to make something like a remake of Avalanche for BTB instead of unnecessarily adding it to current ones since the Hornet can be replaced with the Wasp.

I agree with you there. The problem I have is that Deadlock is one of the few BTB maps that feel a little more organic. Instead of say ; Boulevard. As mentioned air vehicles have no place on Deadlock. And if they must insist on their inclusion, atleast have just one and 2 per match (respawns)

I like that there is two. There is rockets, a laser and hydra(should be at least) so it’s not hard to take them down. Also there used to be two banshees on a h3 version of the map.

> 2533274816788253;8:
> I like that there is two. There is rockets, a laser and hydra(should be at least) so it’s not hard to take them down. Also there used to be two banshees on a h3 version of the map.

You’re right there is certainly enough firepower on offer to take them down. In fact you just need a small fire team to lay down some standard BR/AR rounds and that will do the job… I just feel that it is an unnecessary distraction in an already hectic map. For me it hampers the overall experience. There were 2 banshees in the H3 version? I don’t remember 2. But you could well be right there. H3 is a much much slower paced game though and I don’t remember thinking they were a problem

> 2533274905943537;5:
> > 2533274805075298;4:
> > Woah what the hell? On Deadlock? That’s insane. I wouldn’t even put a wasp on Deadlock. That right there is a ground map. 343i what are you doing?
>
>
> I know right? It just doesn’t go down well. You see on Guillotine the wasp replaces the Banshee… Fair enough. But on Deadlock there previously were no air vehicles… For good reason too! But yeah, now you got 2 Wasps hovering over you the whole game… I really hope they reconsider these inclusions.

Yeah, it’s perfect for Guillotine. Like, absolutely perfect. Banshee handled all too poorly on it and was all too powerful.

Seriously, two wasps on Deadlock is a terrible idea. Even with one, there’s not enough cover for the air player to enjoy using it, and for the ground guys there’s this annoying–Yoink- wasp flying around killin everybody.

But, perfect for Guillotine. Great handling, not overpowered, and TONS of tight spaces and cover it can fit into. The Wasp is an urban MONSTER.

Did it replace the Ghosts? I haven’t played that map for awhile now.

I haven’t even played on Deadlock since the update and from this news I can already tell that it’s going to be a dreadful experience. Cover is severely lacking on that map, adding aerial vehicles to it will make leaving the base suicide. I hate how anytime 343 makes something new they just have to flaunt it by putting it everywhere in the game, without thinking of how it might affect gameplay. They did it with the Mantis in Halo 4 when it was OP as hell, and now they’re putting the Wasp in places were it ought not.