Wasp Wild

This thread is designed for posting creative Wasp variants that you’d like to see.

Corp Wasp: A gold painted Wasp with increased armor strength. Req level 3.
ONI Wasp: A black Wasp with drastically increased armor strength, maybe increased shield strength, and upgraded armaments. Req level 4-5.
Hannibal Wasp: A Wasp sporting the Hannibal paint style with Tougher armor, tougher shields, and different weapons that are more powerful or have a different function to the standard one. Req level 4-5.
Tundra/Woodland/Urban Wasp: Wasps with upgraded armor as well as their respective camouflage patterns. While this may seem useless, think about how it would make it slightly more difficult to pick out to a Banshee flying overhead. All Wasps variants would be pretty much equally easy to pick out from below. Req level 3.

The next part is just me strapping the Hog Wild Warthog variant names onto Wasps and seeing what I can create.

Rally Wasp: This one does not seem to make sense at first sight, but it is actually plausible. The lore could be something about air racing. This would be a Wasp with increased movement speed. Balancing might mean slightly weaker shields. Req level 4.
Vespin Rocket Wasp (or maybe just Vespin Wasp): Paint the Wasp in the style of the Vespin Rocket Warthog, upgrade the armor strength, and then significantly upgrade the Wasp missiles. This could be done by making it shoot four of them or by making them SPNKr shots instead. Req level 4
Sword Needler Wasp: This one sounds fun. It would have the red color, and a significantly more powerful shield that is glows pink not yellow. It would have the main cannon of the Sword Needler Warthog chaingun and the secondary cannon would shoot… something different. I’m thinking along the lines of Light of Urs fuel rods or maybe a barrage of Hydra mini-missiles. Req level 4-5.

These next few are completely original.

Bomber Wasp: Replace the secondary missiles with a devastating bomb or series of bombs fired in a relatively quick succession that drop straight out the bottom. These would be very hard to aim, but would deal enormous damage and have a decent AOE. A single bomb would have to be really powerful, but many bombs would make it easier to land a hit. I can’t decide which of these ideas would be better. The primary gun would remain unchanged. Req level 4.
Stealth Wasp: This Wasp could be black with a slight bluish glow around some areas. This Wasp would have reduced engine noise, a silenced chaingun, and it would have either no signature on radar or have a semi-effective active camo unit. The missiles would remain the same, but maybe produce a fainter exhaust trail. Balancing would mean a weaker/no shield and decreased armor strength. Req level 4.
Hybrid Wasp: This would be a highly classified UNSC prototype that would be engineers attempt at fusing technology salvaged from destroyed Phaetons with their existing air vehicles. This vehicle would require you to swap weapons like in the Phaeton, as the left trigger would be used to do an evade similar to the one on the Phaeton. The primary weapon would have the fusion bolts attachment, and the firing speed would increase as you fire for longer as in the Phaeton (it would start at a just sub-normal speed though). The secondary weapon would shoot two homing pulse missiles. I don’t know what the design would look like. Req level 4-5
Experimental Wasp: The UNSCs attempt at building the ultimate fast attack vehicle. This wasp would have the same paint as the tier 3 UNSC req weapons (Blaze of Glory, The Answer, Arrow of Time, High Five, SPNKr EX, Echidna…). The chaingun would shot rounds like those in The Answer. The Rockets would be replaced with High Five rockets. The shields and armor would remain similar or receive a small buff. Req level 7-8.

I really find it enjoyable to make posts like these with huge amounts of ideas for new vehicles.

WARNING! PLEASE READ THIS! Do not post about leaked or modded content here. I was very careful to skirt around the subject in this post. It is against the forum rules to do this. If you spot anything in my post that could be deemed to be talking directly about modded content, alert me and I will have it fixed ASAP. DON’T TALK ABOUT MODDED OR LEAKED CONTENT GUYS!

Noooooo not a swarm of wasps ;v;
The current wasp is painful enough, especially when the other team has two or three of them out and your ENTIRE team is completely oblivious to their existence.

TBH though I think this would be pretty cool; minus the many camo-skins, for the same reasons as the Mongeese and 'hogs reasoning ^^;

Oni censors the leaks.
Also cool idea with the stealth wasp.

I’d rather not have too many Wasp variants. I already feel like Tundra, Urban, and Forest variants are superfluous; there really is no need for 3-4 variants where the only difference is paint job. It just clogs up the REQ pool, really.

I’ll gladly suggest one of my holy grails…The Queen Wasp.

• Heavy armor and stronger shields. - Greatly increased agility. - Machine guns replaced with slower, but stronger autocannons. - Fires fast-moving EMP missiles which can lock onto aerial and ground targets. - Having a red reticule paints your target with a Threat Marker, allowing you to track them behind cover. - Houses a set of combat drones which can swarm your foes for a short time. (tentative concept)

My personal thinking is that all UNSC vehicles should have the standard 6 variants. These being default, Corp, ONI, Tundra, Woodland, and Urban. It just makes sense. Hannibal vehicles can be sprinkled in to some vehicles (as in not the Mongoose).

> 2533274880402739;3:
> Oni censors the leaks.
> Also cool idea with the stealth wasp.

Good old ONI. Always watching…

The idea for the Stealth Wasp was a refinement of another idea I have read for something called the “Mosquito”. It was a weaker wasp with quicker speed and camo. I personally prefer the idea of the Stealth Wasp to the Mosquito.

Yeah, at this point, unless they return the falcon, I would rather get more variants than completely new flying vehicles.

> 2535405449919732;7:
> > 2533274880402739;3:
> > Oni censors the leaks.
> > Also cool idea with the stealth wasp.
>
> Good old ONI. Always watching…
>
> The idea for the Stealth Wasp was a refinement of another idea I have read for something called the “Mosquito”. It was a weaker wasp with quicker speed and camo. I personally prefer the idea of the Stealth Wasp to the Mosquito.

The Mosquito was an idea of mine. :slight_smile:

> 2535429593088083;5:
> I’ll gladly suggest one of my holy grails…The Queen Wasp.
> - Heavy armor and stronger shields. - Greatly increased agility. - Machine guns replaced with slower, but stronger autocannons. - Fires fast-moving EMP missiles which can lock onto aerial and ground targets. - Having a red reticule paints your target with a Threat Marker, allowing you to track them behind cover. - Houses a set of combat drones which can swarm your foes for a short time. (tentative concept)

Great idea with the name. I like the idea of this and autocannons are really cool idea. I am also not so sure about those drones though… It could perhaps have one singular drone that cloaks it.

I was also meaning to add increased Red Reticle Range (RRR) to a lot of my ideas. This is what I think the Wasp lacks above all else.

Do you have a link to the mosquito?
I would quite like to read it.

> 2535429593088083;9:
> > 2535405449919732;7:
> > > 2533274880402739;3:
> > > Oni censors the leaks.
> > > Also cool idea with the stealth wasp.
> >
> > Good old ONI. Always watching…
> >
> > The idea for the Stealth Wasp was a refinement of another idea I have read for something called the “Mosquito”. It was a weaker wasp with quicker speed and camo. I personally prefer the idea of the Stealth Wasp to the Mosquito.
>
> The Mosquito was an idea of mine. :slight_smile:

Credit given where credit is deserved. :slight_smile:

I thought corps was like a dirty beige not gold.

> 2535429593088083;5:
> I’ll gladly suggest one of my holy grails…The Queen Wasp.
> - Heavy armor and stronger shields. - Greatly increased agility. - Machine guns replaced with slower, but stronger autocannons. - Fires fast-moving EMP missiles which can lock onto aerial and ground targets. - Having a red reticule paints your target with a Threat Marker, allowing you to track them behind cover. - Houses a set of combat drones which can swarm your foes for a short time. (tentative concept)

This /\

To OP: Active Camo? Sign me up. It would be like the Banshee from StarCraft 2.

> 2535405449919732;10:
> > 2535429593088083;5:
> > I’ll gladly suggest one of my holy grails…The Queen Wasp.
> > - Heavy armor and stronger shields. - Greatly increased agility. - Machine guns replaced with slower, but stronger autocannons. - Fires fast-moving EMP missiles which can lock onto aerial and ground targets. - Having a red reticule paints your target with a Threat Marker, allowing you to track them behind cover. - Houses a set of combat drones which can swarm your foes for a short time. (tentative concept)
>
> Great idea with the name. I like the idea of this and autocannons are really cool idea. I am also not so sure about those drones though… It could perhaps have one singular drone that cloaks it.
>
> I was also meaning to add increased Red Reticle Range (RRR) to a lot of my ideas. This is what I think the Wasp lacks above all else.

yeah, it needs a bit more range as its only amazing if you can duck in and out of cover

cool ideas, really like them

pity we already know which ones are coming and what they do

> 2533274962122285;13:
> I thought corps was like a dirty beige not gold.

You could also put it this way.

> 2533274880402739;11:
> Do you have a link to the mosquito?
> I would quite like to read it.

The forum where this cropped up is here.

but to save you a click I put the quote here too:

> Until the new Wasps come out, I want to see a UNSC Mosquito buzzing around.
>
> Just like its namesake, it would be annoying as hell, stings like a -Yoink-, and it would be harder to notice (active camo, perhaps?).
>
> Basically, a stripped-down Wasp equipped with Active Camo that is tailored for stealth attacks

Quoted from HaXoR73 who has also posted a bit on this thread.

> 2535405449919732;18:
> > 2533274880402739;11:
> > Do you have a link to the mosquito?
> > I would quite like to read it.
>
> The forum where this cropped up is here.
>
> but to save you a click I put the quote here too:
>
>
> > Until the new Wasps come out, I want to see a UNSC Mosquito buzzing around.
> >
> > Just like its namesake, it would be annoying as hell, stings like a -Yoink-, and it would be harder to notice (active camo, perhaps?).
> >
> > Basically, a stripped-down Wasp equipped with Active Camo that is tailored for stealth attacks
>
> Quoted from HaXoR73 who has also posted a bit on this thread.

Yo! :smiley:

> 2535429593088083;19:
> > 2535405449919732;18:
> > > 2533274880402739;11:
> > > Do you have a link to the mosquito?
> > > I would quite like to read it.
> >
> > The forum where this cropped up is here.
> >
> > but to save you a click I put the quote here too:
> >
> >
> > > Until the new Wasps come out, I want to see a UNSC Mosquito buzzing around.
> > >
> > > Just like its namesake, it would be annoying as hell, stings like a -Yoink-, and it would be harder to notice (active camo, perhaps?).
> > >
> > > Basically, a stripped-down Wasp equipped with Active Camo that is tailored for stealth attacks
> >
> > Quoted from HaXoR73 who has also posted a bit on this thread.
>
> Yo! :smiley:

You’re famous :open_mouth: