wasp too weak, and other vehicle issues.

So I just wanted to say I rushed to get to Req lvl 4 and spawned a wasp. I am heading over with this “fresh” wasp wasn’t hit once and I was taken out with 1 shot of a whiplash. 1 SHOT and I was far away and high in the air. I don’t understand how that should be possible in any sort of way. note that my Wasp wasn’t destroyed I was killed somehow from my Wasp. I could possible understand if I was flying low and he shot me directly, but that should not even be possible with 1 shot. I overall vehicles are way too weak and that tanks should not be blown up from a quick boarding… One of the things that bothers me most though is if you req a vehicle and someone is outside the bay then boards your vehicle and destroys it while you still haven’t received control over it yet. Vehicles should have temporary invulnerability like 3-5 seconds after leaving the bay and it is in your control, because that is absolutely ridiculous. I mean if you guys disagree tell me why and what should be done instead.

Do you know for sure it was a whip? A standard railgun will for sure kill you out of the wasp, but the whip is a bit harder I believe. The wasp fills its roll pretty well honestly because it can give your team great map control while still being countered by plasma pistols, rail guns, and team fire. Stick low to the ground/behind structures on your teams side and only push up if others are too.

I agree that the vehicle bay can be broken… I generally spawn ground vehicles at home bases to avoid that problem.

it was a whip because of the charge up time for sure as I was heading towards him and saw the charge up, but also how do you pick which bay? i select the respawn point, but it seems to spawn me wherever it pleases at the time.

> 2533274814659475;3:
> it was a whip because of the charge up time for sure as I was heading towards him and saw the charge up, but also how do you pick which bay? i select the respawn point, but it seems to spawn me wherever it pleases at the time.

Ah ok. If you saw him charging then he probably just nailed your canopy dead on. Spawn normally at home base and then pull the vehicle from the req station to spawn it guaranteed at home.

> 2533274796780714;4:
> > 2533274814659475;3:
> > it was a whip because of the charge up time for sure as I was heading towards him and saw the charge up, but also how do you pick which bay? i select the respawn point, but it seems to spawn me wherever it pleases at the time.
>
> Ah ok. If you saw him charging then he probably just nailed your canopy dead on. Spawn normally at home base and then pull the vehicle from the req station to spawn it guaranteed at home.

Maybe but I was really high up so the angle could not be even close to a direct hit, but even if it was I feel that is too easy to take a wasp down. I do appreciate the tip though on how to spawn at home base so thank you.

> 2533274796780714;4:
> > 2533274814659475;3:
> > it was a whip because of the charge up time for sure as I was heading towards him and saw the charge up, but also how do you pick which bay? i select the respawn point, but it seems to spawn me wherever it pleases at the time.
>
> Ah ok. If you saw him charging then he probably just nailed your canopy dead on. Spawn normally at home base and then pull the vehicle from the req station to spawn it guaranteed at home.

I have actually spawned normally at home base and called in a vehicle, still spawned me at the fortress.

Also OP, the wasp is supposed to be more of a support aircraft than offensive. I have gone on rampages in one before by cleaning up kills.

I find railguns, particularly the arclight (though not limited to) to be particularly overpowered. Any light vehicle such as warthogs, ghosts, and wasps can be taken out by a railgun round. They won’t destroy heavy vehicles such as scorpions and wraiths in a single hit, but a few rounds will leave the vehicle in question either slag or barely limping away.
I really enjoyed warzone when the arclight was taken out of the sandbox.

On the other side of the coin, if you’re playing against a team, and you notice there are two or three guys flying around in wasps, spawn in with a railgun. Unless you spawn in front snipers, rocket launchers, scorpions, or other hazards, you’ve got a decent shot at reducing the number of hostile wasps in play down to zero.

I’m not a fan of the Wasp at all. It’s weak against parties, but it can wreck soloing teams. For BTB, I would much rather it have a longer respawn time if we can’t get rid of it.

> 2533274832309691;7:
> I find railguns, particularly the arclight (though not limited to) to be particularly overpowered. Any light vehicle such as warthogs, ghosts, and wasps can be taken out by a railgun round. They won’t destroy heavy vehicles such as scorpions and wraiths in a single hit, but a few rounds will leave the vehicle in question either slag or barely limping away.
> I really enjoyed warzone when the arclight was taken out of the sandbox.
>
> On the other side of the coin, if you’re playing against a team, and you notice there are two or three guys flying around in wasps, spawn in with a railgun. Unless you spawn in front snipers, rocket launchers, scorpions, or other hazards, you’ve got a decent shot at reducing the number of hostile wasps in play down to zero.

The railgun was designed to take out light armor. Hence killing ghosts, gungooses, warthogs, wasps is easy. It’s filling it’s roll pretty well. If it was over powered then it be killing mantis, wraiths, scorpions with ease. The arc light provides more ease against armor and the whiplash against infantry.

> 2533274814659475;3:
> it was a whip because of the charge up time for sure as I was heading towards him and saw the charge up, but also how do you pick which bay? i select the respawn point, but it seems to spawn me wherever it pleases at the time.

I’ve be been spawning directly into firing tanks , grenedes and once tonight a crouching opponent with a shotgun looking directly at me . The spawns have been absolutely horrendous tonight. I agree also sometimes it just spawns you where ever it bloody feels like !!!

This is also a matter of warzone vs other playlists. Some of e balancing is a bit out in warzone for example CE pistol being level 6 by that point snipers , chainguns , tanks etc are all on the field rendering it useless. But in arena ( throwback playlists / super fiesta )a CE pistol can be devastating. Same with the wasp in warzone before the drip system an absolute beast now more a supporting vehicle in btb however if your not getting team shot properly you can win the game singlehanded. I’ve had invincibles and a inconceivable with a single wasp in btb . It can feel incredibly powerful here . Just not in warzone because of all the crazy op weapons there are . Best thing with a wasp get a bit of cover poke in and out firing here and there and camp !!! Flying across mid map your bound to get something destroy you !!!

> 2533274814659475;1:
> So I just wanted to say I rushed to get to Req lvl 4 and spawned a wasp. I am heading over with this “fresh” wasp wasn’t hit once and I was taken out with 1 shot of a whiplash. 1 SHOT and I was far away and high in the air. I don’t understand how that should be possible in any sort of way. note that my Wasp wasn’t destroyed I was killed somehow from my Wasp. I could possible understand if I was flying low and he shot me directly, but that should not even be possible with 1 shot. I overall vehicles are way too weak and that tanks should not be blown up from a quick boarding… One of the things that bothers me most though is if you req a vehicle and someone is outside the bay then boards your vehicle and destroys it while you still haven’t received control over it yet. Vehicles should have temporary invulnerability like 3-5 seconds after leaving the bay and it is in your control, because that is absolutely ridiculous. I mean if you guys disagree tell me why and what should be done instead.

Well the wasp isnt meant to be some OP aerial vehicle. It’s only level 4 REQ. If I fire a rail-gun at a level 4 REQ, I fully expect a magnetic projectile direct hit fired at Mach-7 speeds to kill the operator of the wasp.

As far as the vehicle bay situation, the vehicle bays (with the exception of the home core) are located within strategic locations on the map. If a vehicle is spawned out of the bay and is allowed to immediately make an impact (shooting bosses, enemies, etc.) then the other team should be allowed to immediately board it. You mentioned possibly having temporary invulnerability for 3-5 seconds. I don’t see how that would be fair to the player that put himself in a strategic location on the map. My solution to this would be to remove the vehicle bays from the map and force any and all vehicles to spawn at the home cores

When you got shot out of the Wasp, did you catch the color of the Railgun’s trail? If it was a white-blue, it’s probably the standard version or the Whiplash. If it was a darker red-orange, it was an Arclight.

The invincibility for 3-5 seconds is a good idea. But the weakness of the wasp kinda makes me like it. Go in get a kill and leave. I “usually” can get 20+ kills in one life with a wasp. But sometimes unfairness can happen like a 360 no scope with a rail gun and I’m in flames

It was probably an Arclight.

The Arclight is extremely underrated and it has the ability to penetrate just about anything. That’s why they had to adjust the core’s protective cover to not be penetrated by the weapon. It also has about the same kill radius of an M57 rocket launcher, when used against Spartans. If you were picked out of there from a direct hit, I am not really surprised. Here is a video of the railguns and the Arclight’s penetration capabilities. They even show it one shotting the pilot out of a fresh wasp - from underneath the aircraft.

> 2533274806739045;15:
> It was probably an Arclight.
>
> The Arclight is extremely underrated and it has the ability to penetrate just about anything. That’s why they had to adjust the core’s protective cover to not be penetrated by the weapon. It also has about the same kill radius of an M57 rocket launcher, when used against Spartans. If you were picked out of there from a direct hit, I am not really surprised. Here is a video of the railguns and the Arclight’s penetration capabilities. They even show it one shotting the pilot out of a fresh wasp - from underneath the aircraft.
>
> Halo 5 | Railguns Analysis - YouTube

Its firing an APHE round at near supersonic velocities. Im not shocked it was capable of doing that.
Actually, most of the railguns (even the Whiplash) can do spectacular damage against a Wasp. Nice counter when you cant get a Laser.

> 2533274907200114;16:
> > 2533274806739045;15:
> > It was probably an Arclight.
> >
> > The Arclight is extremely underrated and it has the ability to penetrate just about anything. That’s why they had to adjust the core’s protective cover to not be penetrated by the weapon. It also has about the same kill radius of an M57 rocket launcher, when used against Spartans. If you were picked out of there from a direct hit, I am not really surprised. Here is a video of the railguns and the Arclight’s penetration capabilities. They even show it one shotting the pilot out of a fresh wasp - from underneath the aircraft.
> >
> > Halo 5 | Railguns Analysis - YouTube
>
> Its firing an APHE round at near supersonic velocities. Im not shocked it was capable of doing that.
> Actually, most of the railguns (even the Whiplash) can do spectacular damage against a Wasp. Nice counter when you cant get a Laser.

I agree! I used to feel the base laser and railgun were highly similar. Not so much anymore now that you can hold the charge on a rail gun for about a second. Personally I feel like I am better at lasering spartans than shooting them with the rail gun, for some reason.

> 2533274806739045;17:
> > 2533274907200114;16:
> > > 2533274806739045;15:
> > > It was probably an Arclight.
> > >
> > > The Arclight is extremely underrated and it has the ability to penetrate just about anything. That’s why they had to adjust the core’s protective cover to not be penetrated by the weapon. It also has about the same kill radius of an M57 rocket launcher, when used against Spartans. If you were picked out of there from a direct hit, I am not really surprised. Here is a video of the railguns and the Arclight’s penetration capabilities. They even show it one shotting the pilot out of a fresh wasp - from underneath the aircraft.
> > >
> > > Halo 5 | Railguns Analysis - YouTube
> >
> > Its firing an APHE round at near supersonic velocities. Im not shocked it was capable of doing that.
> > Actually, most of the railguns (even the Whiplash) can do spectacular damage against a Wasp. Nice counter when you cant get a Laser.
>
> I agree! I used to feel the base laser and railgun were highly similar. Not so much anymore now that you can hold the charge on a rail gun for about a second. Personally I feel like I am better at lasering spartans than shooting them with the rail gun, for some reason.

Its certainly gotten a bit harder now that they nerfed the Railgun, but I suppose its fair enough.

> 2533274907200114;16:
> > 2533274806739045;15:
> > It was probably an Arclight.
> >
> > The Arclight is extremely underrated and it has the ability to penetrate just about anything. That’s why they had to adjust the core’s protective cover to not be penetrated by the weapon. It also has about the same kill radius of an M57 rocket launcher, when used against Spartans. If you were picked out of there from a direct hit, I am not really surprised. Here is a video of the railguns and the Arclight’s penetration capabilities. They even show it one shotting the pilot out of a fresh wasp - from underneath the aircraft.
> >
> > Halo 5 | Railguns Analysis - YouTube
>
> Its firing an APHE round at near supersonic velocities. Im not shocked it was capable of doing that.
> Actually, most of the railguns (even the Whiplash) can do spectacular damage against a Wasp. Nice counter when you cant get a Laser.

Totally agree the railguns are great. One nit picky thing though hahaha… their speed is definitely near "hyper"sonic rather than supersonic because super is just 768 mph.

I believe the Wasp has weak damage against vehicles, AI’s, Players, and Vehicles.