WASP NEED TO BE CHANGE FROM REQ 3 TO REQ 4!!!!!!!!

As a player that plays a lot of warzone games, I feel the wasp is so powerful at req 3, and it’s hard to take down unless you counter it with another wasp. The game is usually decided when a team can pull and maintain 2-3 wasps in the air, and this is at the 2minutes mark of the game.

I think 343 should change them to REQ 4. Keep the ONI at req 4 also. And Hannibal at 5. At least when it’s at 4, there’s more to counter it than just pulling another wasp. (ie. Railgun/whiplash)

I still think it’s fine where it is. The Wasp’s armor is really thin, and concentrated fire from any loadout weapon (Kinetic Bolts help as well) will bring one down quickly. It’s just a matter of whether or not your team is willing to shoot them.

Plus: ONI Warthog.

Plasma pistol is your friend in this situation. Quite often they hover over an edge once it with it they die instantly

By any chance did an enemy player hang on to one for half the game annoying the hell out of you on sanctum?
Because that was me, and it was very funny. 22 kills 1 death. :blush:

Yeah I agree because if you’re on a map like Raid on Apex 7 and instantly get to REQ level 2 after clearing out your base, you can get to REQ level 3 and have a Wasp within a minute of the game starting.
That’s way overpowered.

Agreed. Wasps are too OP for a level 3 REQ.

I think its fine for now. They can be easily taken down with just a few players shooting it with a BR.

Just hit the turbines with a br when the shields are down.

They are very weak

nothin should change except oni wasp that should also be 5 req like Hannibal so regular wasp is 3 reqs and the other two should both be 5 reqs

In my opinion the wasp should stay at level 3 cause it’s not very overpowered for a level 3 req

They are fine for REQ level 3. Just have a group of guys shooting it with BRs and boom! You’ve shoot 1 down.

Wasps at req 3 ruin the warzone experience. They should be brought up to 4 for regular, 5 for ONI and 6 for hannibal

I think a ghost is more powerful than a wasp at destroying Spartan.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha no. The wasp has paper armor and it’s super easy to take down.

its fine, only have to know how to take it down.

Wasps are fine.

Phaetons need to either have buffed armor, evade ability, or a lower REQ price. No reason a Banshee Ultra should be able to EASILY beat one.

Ultras have a whole lot more firepower with more damage, it has an evade ability with virtually no cooldown, travels faster, has shields and a lot of armor.

The Phaeton has very little firepower, the evade ability has a cooldown of 3 seconds (I think), and is extremely fragile.

The only thing that makes the Wasp OP is that I don’t have any; and for someone who has every REQ certification in the game, it’s really hard to get more.

> 2535437652903765;2:
> I still think it’s fine where it is. The Wasp’s armor is really thin, and concentrated fire from any loadout weapon (Kinetic Bolts help as well) will bring one down quickly. It’s just a matter of whether or not your team is willing to shoot them.
>
> Plus: ONI Warthog.

Which requires 2 people to use effectively against a moving wasp.

Plus, the wasp has next to no Cons. It’s a gungoose that can fly, shoot a machine gun like the warthog can, and has shields. All at the price of 3 req levels. That’s not balance. That’s poor gameplay design.

> 2533275007059966;17:
> Wasps are fine.
>
> Phaetons need to either have buffed armor, evade ability, or a lower REQ price. No reason a Banshee Ultra should be able to EASILY beat one.
>
> Ultras have a whole lot more firepower with more damage, it has an evade ability with virtually no cooldown, travels faster, has shields and a lot of armor.
>
> The Phaeton has very little firepower, the evade ability has a cooldown of 3 seconds (I think), and is extremely fragile.

Your justification of the wasp not being OP is that you can use HIGHER level reqs, and that higher level reqs should be buffed instead?

Um… no? You can’t unlock a banshee or phaeton at level 3 reqs, making your entire argument invalid.

While I do agree that the normal Phaeton needs a req level buff (from 8 to 7 req levels) that has no impact on the wasp, and shouldn’t determine how the wasp is in game.

> 2533274887428223;13:
> Wasps at req 3 ruin the warzone experience. They should be brought up to 4 for regular, 5 for ONI and 6 for hannibal

Hannibal is fine at 5. Everything else can be scaled up accordingly. Having the Hannibal at 6 would pretty much nullify it from the meta, as it’s only good at killing low tier vehicles and infantry.

Hannibal wasp is the only thing that doesn’t need a nerf for the wasps, as it has it’s cons that fit and make sense for it’s req level. These cons being no evasive maneuvers (which means a laser/rocket/hydra/etc. can potentially kill it without much of a problem.) and no direct fire of the missiles (Arc instead instead of point and shoot).

“But then why nerf the ONI wasp level? It has cons too!”

The ONI wasp is a direct upgrade of the standard wasp, and like all other ONI vehicles, it gains +1 req level compared to its other variants. It has direct missiles (like the normal wasp), has more armor (a somewhat noticeable amount In my opinion) and a decent AoE for it’s bullets. (all at the trade off of speed, and bullets firing more like projectiles instead of a direct hit.) It would have its cons and pros respective to that level 5 req requirement as well.

Besides, there’s nothing wrong with giving people a choice between the two higher tier wasp variants, right?

> 2533275008181400;12:
> They are fine for REQ level 3. Just have a group of guys shooting it with BRs and boom! You’ve shoot 1 down.

Teamshot is a terrible excuse for describing a counter and should not be encouraged as a way to take down a wasp. Not everyone plays with party queues.

> 2535431313397270;15:
> Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha no. The wasp has paper armor and it’s super easy to take down.

It has the same strength/armor as a gungoose, with next to no downfalls or negatives to it. (In fact, we could argue that it’s a more superior version of a gungoose because of how much more it has to offer. All of this at the price of 3 req levels? That’s anything but balanced.)
Try again.

> 2533274885302961;16:
> its fine, only have to know how to take it down.

I KNOW HOW TO TAKE IT DOWN!!! Oh, wait, what’s that? Almost all of the decent and effective reqs to kill/destroy the wasp are unlocked at level 4 reqs? Oh, ok… well… um… I don’t know how then. :frowning:

In all seriousness, the wasp shouldn’t have such a “safe cushion” to easily kill enemies, especially when the other vehicles (Ghost, Banshee, Scorpion, etc.) don’t have that same safe cushion.

Even when you spam evasive maneuvers with a banshee, you still have to watch out for things like lasers and plasma pistols. With a wasp, what’s the worst that plasma pistol can do when it’s picking off enemies near the safety net of their teammates? You obviously can’t skyjack it because half of the team that has the wasp is near it, and camo is unlocked at level 4 reqs, eliminating the possibility of a stealth attack/skyjack without grabbing a lot of the attention from the enemies.

Edited my post a bit to elaborate more on my Reply to eagle, and to fix grammar/spelling related errors that I didn’t bother fixing at the time prior to the edits. Nothing to see here, move on.

A rail gun shot will take down a wasp, so one player with a rail gun can kill 2+ wasps easy, 4 if u dont miss.