Wasp Epitomizes What I Don't Like About Halo 5

READ THE ENTIRE OP BEFORE DECIDING TO RANT ABOUT HOW IM SUCH AN UNGRATEFUL -Yoink-

Yes. I am going to the THAT guy to complain about a reveal already. But I have reason to do so.

Note: I am not really complaining about the vehicle itself. Im still excited for it, but this thread’s intention is to talk about Halo 5 as a whole. Not the specific vehicles.

What made Hornets and Falcons unique? Its not that they were unsc air vehicles. Its that they had passenger/gunner seats. It was like a flying warthog since you could use teamwork to utilize these vehicles potential. Halo 5 seemed to shift away from multiple spartans riding a vehicle to having one man operate it. Honestly, warthogs are so poorly underpowered in this game that you can tell they were thrown in just because its Halo. They are not fun to use because they are not effective AT ALL. You can sprint your way around maps, and battlerifle headshots kill faster than the chaingun. Most gunner seats in Halo 5 vehicles actually are terrible to get inside. You are better off just sitting on top of the vehicle.

After seeing Matnases introduced in H4 and Phaetons in H5, I could see the pattern shift away from team-based vehicles to 1 man walking death machines. I personally don’t enjoy this as much. Player interaction and using teamwork with your ally spartans is what made Big Team Battle so fun, and it could have made Warzone even better. The thing is, 343 was aware of this shift. And they definitely knew that passenger/gunner seats in Halo 5 are literally deathtraps. So when the unsc air vehicle gets released and we see the change from team-based fun vehicular gameplay to more or less a cheaper req points- phaeton, I think I am in the right to express my distaste towards this game. Thanks for reading this. Obviously we can’t change whats been done to the game, but I hope I get people to understand what made unsc air vehicles so great in the first place so maybe we get a proper one in the next Halo installments.

Would a Hornet or Falcon work in Halo 5? Who knows honestly. The way the game plays out you would probably be shot dead within seconds, and would also have a hard time trying to get passengers/gunners unless you are in a party. Im sure you could work something out but it doesn’t change how discouraging it is to try and operate a team-based vehicle.

I agree with you OP.

> 2533274816174599;1:
> Yes. I am going to the THAT guy to complain about a reveal already. But I have reason to do so.

Dude, We’ve been asking for a unsc flier for a long time. People begged for a falcon. People begged for a Hornet. 343 heard the cries and said, have a wasp. Enjoy the moment.

> 2533274880633045;3:
> > 2533274816174599;1:
> > Yes. I am going to the THAT guy to complain about a reveal already. But I have reason to do so.
>
>
> Dude, We’ve been asking for a unsc flier for a long time. People begged for a falcon. People begged for a Hornet. 343 heard the cries and said, have a wasp. Enjoy the moment.

Listen to yourself dude. “People begged for a [air vehicle requiring gunners]. People begged for a [air vehicle that allowed for two passengers]. 343 heard the cries and said, have [neither].”

Read the OP

> 2533274816174599;4:
> > 2533274880633045;3:
> > > 2533274816174599;1:
> > > Yes. I am going to the THAT guy to complain about a reveal already. But I have reason to do so.
> >
> >
> > Dude, We’ve been asking for a unsc flier for a long time. People begged for a falcon. People begged for a Hornet. 343 heard the cries and said, have a wasp. Enjoy the moment.
>
>
> Listen to yourself dude. “People begged for a [air vehicle requiring gunners]. People begged for a [air vehicle that allowed for two passengers]. 343 heard the cries and said, have [neither].”
>
> Read the OP

I did. The desire for a UNSC flier wasn’t due to the ability to carry people. This is a case of 343 actually seeing that people wanted something and giving it to us. Would I prefer a falcon or hornet? I don’t know. I haven’t flown the thing yet. I’m sorry you can’t use vehicle effectively enough to find them fun.

Im excited for it.

> 2533274880633045;5:
> > 2533274816174599;4:
> > > 2533274880633045;3:
> > > > 2533274816174599;1:
> > > > Yes. I am going to the THAT guy to complain about a reveal already. But I have reason to do so.
> > >
> > >
> > > Dude, We’ve been asking for a unsc flier for a long time. People begged for a falcon. People begged for a Hornet. 343 heard the cries and said, have a wasp. Enjoy the moment.
> >
> >
> > Listen to yourself dude. “People begged for a [air vehicle requiring gunners]. People begged for a [air vehicle that allowed for two passengers]. 343 heard the cries and said, have [neither].”
> >
> > Read the OP
>
>
> I did.

well then your reply makes no sense since you completely disregard the main points and just focus on the word “complain”

Ladies and Gentlemen. This is the community all over.
We ask for UNSC vehicles for months, and 343 obliges. Then people complain because it’s not what they wanted.

It’s a wonder why 343 bothers to be honest. They do their best, which is a great job, but this community just doesn’t give a -Yoink- if it’s not perfect for what they want.

The community will never agree on anything. And when people feel they need to advocate for something, they speak out. You speak out more for change rather than just to say “i like this game just the way it is.”

Its not the Halo community. It is literally any community ever for anything.

They would have never worked with how halo is built. On certain maps, they would be shot down before you know it. Now let’s put down some pointers
A. Have you actually tried it out? If so, I want to know how.
B.) when the hornet was in halo 3, it was such a passenger heavy vehicle. Able to barley fire your weapons at any vehicle. Falcon was 10 times as better. But saying the hornet was certain around that makes me laugh.
C.) give it a shot before you start complaints. I don’t understand why people do this before it actually is useable. It could be absolutely awesome. Just like forge, and just like infection.

> 2533274816174599;1:
> READ THE ENTIRE OP BEFORE DECIDING TO RANT ABOUT HOW IM SUCH AN UNGRATEFUL -Yoink-
>
> Yes. I am going to the THAT guy to complain about a reveal already. But I have reason to do so.
>
> What made Hornets and Falcons unique? Its not that they were usnc air vehicles. Its that they had passenger/gunner seats. It was like a flying warthog since you could use teamwork to utilize these vehicles potential. Halo 5 seemed to shift away from multiple spartans riding a vehicle to having one man operate it. Honestly, warthogs are so poorly underpowered in this game that you can tell they were thrown in just because its Halo. They are not fun to use because they are not effective AT ALL. You can sprint your way around maps, and battlerifle headshots kill faster than the chaingun. Most gunner seats in Halo 5 vehicles actually are terrible to get inside. You are better off just sitting on top of the vehicle.
>
> After seeing Matnases introduced in H4 and Phaetons in H5, I could see the pattern shift away from team-based vehicles to 1 man walking death machines. I personally don’t enjoy this as much. Player interaction and using teamwork with your ally spartans is what made Big Team Battle so fun, and it could have made Warzone even better. The thing is, 343 was aware of this shift. And they definitely knew that passenger/gunner seats in Halo 5 are literally deathtraps. So when the usnc air vehicle gets released and we see the change from team-based fun vehicular gameplay to more or less a cheaper req points- phaeton, I think I am in the right to express my distaste towards this game. Thanks for reading this. Obviously we can’t change whats been done to the game, but I hope I get people to understand what made usnc air vehicles so great in the first place so maybe we get a proper one in the next Halo installments.

I came to this thread thinking/knowing I was going to get mad at yet another complaint, but the ‘bold’ is so true. Vehicles as a whole in H5 have been a huge disappointment. So sad, it was my favorite part about Halo too.

I am extremely happy it’s not a “teamwork” vehicle… teamwork in H5 is YOINK! Hardly any one will every gun for you in a warthog. While the vehicles could use a slight buff they are hardly worthless if you have a good gunner and driver. No one would ever get in those death trap falcons I bet. Sure I wouldn’t have minded for the hornet to be back but I am ecstatic that we are getting a NEW vehicle to try out.

Look UNSC air vehicle was not supposed to be in Halo 5. The community complained so they re skinned a phaeton and gave it different guns. I am sure this wasp will feel and fly like a phaeton. They couldn’t have added passenger seats or turrets.

> 2533274868062286;10:
> They would have never worked with how halo is built. On certain maps, they would be shot down before you know it. Now let’s put down some pointers
> A. Have you actually tried it out? If so, I want to know how.
> B.) when the hornet was in halo 3, it was such a passenger heavy vehicle. Able to barley fire your weapons at any vehicle. Falcon was 10 times as better. But saying the hornet was certain around that makes me laugh.
> C.) give it a shot before you start complaints. I don’t understand why people do this before it actually is useable. It could be absolutely awesome. Just like forge, and just like infection.

A. You don’t need to try it out. You just have to look at it, realize its a 1 man operated vehicle, and be sad we won’t get a team based vehicle. Could have been fun in Big Team CTF.
B. Whats wrong with passenger heavy vehicles? Are you saying mongooses aren’t fun to ride in with a passenger? (On Halo 5 I would say yes because you die within seconds of getting on one. Saying Falcon was 10x better doesn’t really mean anything btw. I just wish the usnc vehicle provided a role for a teammate. And the fact that it doesn’t just shows the direction vehicles are going in.
C. Look. Am I complaining about how the vehcile handles? Am I complaining about how fast or slow it kills? Am I complaining about literally anything that requires you to play it first? No. Btw this is the same question as (A.) lol

> 2533274816788253;12:
> I am extremely happy it’s not a “teamwork” vehicle… teamwork in H5 is YOINK! Hardly any one will every gun for you in a warthog. While the vehicles could use a slight buff they are hardly worthless if you have a good gunner and driver. No one would ever get in those death trap falcons I bet. Sure I wouldn’t have minded for the hornet to be back but I am ecstatic that we are getting a NEW vehicle to try out.

But that is my point. I understand that passenger vehicles suck at this game. And releasing a 1 man usnc air vehicle drives that point home. Thats what my point was.

I would like to see it in action before I complain or praise it, so for now I guess on that matter I would be neutral.

> 2533274868062286;10:
> They would have never worked with how halo is built. On certain maps, they would be shot down before you know it. Now let’s put down some pointers
> A. Have you actually tried it out? If so, I want to know how.
> B.) when the hornet was in halo 3, it was such a passenger heavy vehicle. Able to barley fire your weapons at any vehicle. Falcon was 10 times as better. But saying the hornet was certain around that makes me laugh.
> C.) give it a shot before you start complaints. I don’t understand why people do this before it actually is useable. It could be absolutely awesome. Just like forge, and just like infection.

Now that (bold sentence) I have to agree. The traditional hornet and falcon wouldn’t last long at all in Halo Warzone with all the anti-air weapons, an even some of the ground vehicles.like mantises and rocket hogs.

I am happy to see a UNSC air vehicle and will be interested in seeing how it performs.

> 2533274816174599;15:
> > 2533274816788253;12:
> > I am extremely happy it’s not a “teamwork” vehicle… teamwork in H5 is YOINK! Hardly any one will every gun for you in a warthog. While the vehicles could use a slight buff they are hardly worthless if you have a good gunner and driver. No one would ever get in those death trap falcons I bet. Sure I wouldn’t have minded for the hornet to be back but I am ecstatic that we are getting a NEW vehicle to try out.
>
>
> But that is my point. I understand that passenger vehicles suck at this game. And releasing a 1 man usnc air vehicle drives that point home. Thats what my point was.

I see your point OP, I am just not sure what could be done to improve them specifically. Maybe reducing the visibility of passengers in vehicles with extra seats might help. It would at least reduce sniping deaths.

> 2533274818508074;16:
> I would like to see it in action before I complain or praise it, so for now I guess on that matter I would be neutral.
>
>
> > 2533274868062286;10:
> > They would have never worked with how halo is built. On certain maps, they would be shot down before you know it. Now let’s put down some pointers
> > A. Have you actually tried it out? If so, I want to know how.
> > B.) when the hornet was in halo 3, it was such a passenger heavy vehicle. Able to barley fire your weapons at any vehicle. Falcon was 10 times as better. But saying the hornet was certain around that makes me laugh.
> > C.) give it a shot before you start complaints. I don’t understand why people do this before it actually is useable. It could be absolutely awesome. Just like forge, and just like infection.
>
>
> Now that (bold sentence) I have to agree. The traditional hornet and falcon wouldn’t last long at all in Halo Warzone with all the anti-air weapons, an even some of the ground vehicles.like mantises and rocket hogs.
>
> I am happy to see a UNSC air vehicle and will be interested in seeing how it performs.

Believe me. I agree, and its kind of my point. Thats why the thread is titles “epitomizes what i don’t like about Halo 5.” I don’t like how vehicles are so passenger/gunner discouraging and rather you are better off on your own

What I’d like to know is how you know you don’t like a vehicle that’s only just been announced, you’ve seen zero gameplay of it, and you haven’t had a chance to use it yet.

So I’d like to know what bit of information you have that the rest of us don’t that has allowed you to come to the decision that you don’t like it other than it’s not the Hornet or Falcon.

> 2533274988965988;19:
> What I’d like to know is how you know you don’t like a vehicle that’s only just been announced, you’ve seen zero gameplay of it, and you haven’t had a chance to use it yet.
>
> So I’d like to know what bit of information you have that the rest of us don’t that has allowed you to come to the decision that you don’t like it other than it’s not the Hornet or Falcon.

read the op.