Wasn't the BR supposed to replace the DMR?

I remember reading somewhere that the BR replaced the DMR (Because the techbololgy was better or something) and that is why it was in 2 and 3 but not in Reach. Am I missing something or should the DMR not have a better kill time than the DMR?

Gameplay > Canon

While kill times are important, they aren’t the only thing to be concerned about. The DMR has a 3x scope and less aim assist then the BR. The BR has a 2x scope and more aim assist, recoil and spread. They are made to fill their niche.

> I remember reading somewhere that the BR replaced the DMR (Because the techbololgy was better or something) and that is why it was in 2 and 3 but not in Reach. Am I missing something or should the DMR not have a better kill time than the DMR?

Where did you read that from?

And no DMR and BR are both in Halo 4.

That was reach. New dmr model and new Br model. Also … Another one of these threads?

> Gameplay > Canon
>
> While kill times are important, they aren’t the only thing to be concerned about. The DMR has a 3x scope and less aim assist then the BR. The BR has a 2x scope and more aim assist, recoil and spread. They are made to fill their niche.

BR should be 4SK.

What you heard is true.

I thought it was implied that the different looks for older weapons, as well as the DMR’s return was due to the company that makes UNSC weapons creating newer and powerful versions.

Maybe I’m wrong.

> > Gameplay > Canon
> >
> > While kill times are important, they aren’t the only thing to be concerned about. The DMR has a 3x scope and less aim assist then the BR. The BR has a 2x scope and more aim assist, recoil and spread. They are made to fill their niche.
>
> BR should be 4SK.

It doesn’t matter, the BR isn’t supposed to be anything but a weapon to kill with. It could be a 1000 shot, what you care about is kill times, I’m trying to let you know that kill times aren’t everything.

Anyways, new game, new trilogy, new developers. It’d be foolish to expect certain things not to change.

The BR replaced the DMR for Navy and Marine personnel and the DMR is still in use by the Army. So it still fits canon that the BR and DMR are in.

> > Gameplay > Canon
> >
> > While kill times are important, they aren’t the only thing to be concerned about. The DMR has a 3x scope and less aim assist then the BR. The BR has a 2x scope and more aim assist, recoil and spread. They are made to fill their niche.
>
> BR should be 4SK.

No it shouldnt.

balanced > god-tier weapon

And canonically, the BR didnt replace the DMR. The DMR was still highly used by the UNSC Army Branch, the BR was preferred by the Marine branch.

This takes place after Halo 3, plus it’s a newer model of DMR. The UNSC Marine Corps could have easily just decided to adopt the M385 alongside the BR85 afterwards.

Think of the real-world versions though. In actual Marine Corps, they issue various types of rifles to different Marines operating in different roles. DMRs are given to Squad Designated Marksmen, more conventional assault rifles are given to most riflemen, etc.

> > > Gameplay > Canon
> > >
> > > While kill times are important, they aren’t the only thing to be concerned about. The DMR has a 3x scope and less aim assist then the BR. The BR has a 2x scope and more aim assist, recoil and spread. They are made to fill their niche.
> >
> > BR should be 4SK.
>
> No it shouldnt.
>
> balanced > god-tier weapon
>
> And canonically, the BR didnt replace the DMR. The DMR was still highly used by the UNSC Army Branch, the BR was preferred by the Marine branch.

For one, a 4-shot BR would have a slower kill time than the Carbine and Faster than the DMR so it would be balanced, and even so we don’t know the kill times in the final build anyways.

Does it really matter, both fill a niche, and from what people are saying the BR still feels the same. Nothing to be worried about. Bringing the DMR back was a good idea, I thought. Allows players to be more individualized and find their own niche.

> > Gameplay > Canon
> >
>
> BR should be 4SK.

AARRRGHHHHHHh you ppl are gonna make me insane hahhahahahha
Stop with the 4sk already shheeez -_- lmao
it will be a 5sk, you will be able to kill ppl using DMR with it…end of story.

as for cannon, ide say just like the real army guns serve different rolls.
DMR and BR serve different roles…

> > > Gameplay > Canon
> > >
> > > While kill times are important, they aren’t the only thing to be concerned about. The DMR has a 3x scope and less aim assist then the BR. The BR has a 2x scope and more aim assist, recoil and spread. They are made to fill their niche.
> >
> > BR should be 4SK.
>
> AARRRGHHHHHHh you ppl are gonna make me insane hahhahahahha
> Stop with the 4sk already shheeez -_- lmao
> <mark>it will be a 5sk</mark>, you will be able to kill ppl using DMR with it…end of story.
>
> as for cannon, ide say just like the real army guns serve different rolls.
> DMR and BR serve different roles…

Although it may seem the most likely, you have no proof. They still haven’t shown us the Final Build so it could be a 6-shot for all we know.

> > > > Gameplay > Canon
> > > >
> > > > While kill times are important, they aren’t the only thing to be concerned about. The DMR has a 3x scope and less aim assist then the BR. The BR has a 2x scope and more aim assist, recoil and spread. They are made to fill their niche.
> > >
> > > BR should be 4SK.
> >
> > AARRRGHHHHHHh you ppl are gonna make me insane hahhahahahha
> > Stop with the 4sk already shheeez -_- lmao
> > <mark>it will be a 5sk</mark>, you will be able to kill ppl using DMR with it…end of story.
> >
> > as for cannon, ide say just like the real army guns serve different rolls.
> > DMR and BR serve different roles…
>
> Although it may seem the most likely, you have no proof. They still haven’t shown us the Final Build so it could be a 6-shot for all we know.

Dont need proof, 343 is not going to make it an inferior weapon end of story. I will do very well in its intended role.

Maybe the technology caught up with the DMR or maybe because the DMR was used in the field by veterans and they would prefer the DMR over the BR.

> > Gameplay > Canon
> >
>
> BR should be 4SK.

The latest Sparkcast does an excellent job of explaining why you are so utterly, and completely wrong. Have fun with that.

> > Gameplay > Canon
> >
>
> BR should be 4SK.

Ohhhh BOY! I did NOT see that one coming!!!

This is from Bungie.net.

> This is from Bungie.net.

Yep. Originally it was supposed to be phased out by the BR. Of course, 343i decided to change that…