Was wondering Legendary AR

Im just sitting here bored and I began to wonder. You think the legendary AR may possibly be the MA5B for Halo: CE (With a little better accuracy of course.) It has a fast rate of fire and 60 round Magazine

As long as it has it’s mean growl from Halo CE that would be awesome. Also redesign it accurately reflect a 60 round mag.

oops double post

> 2533274823069762;3:
> As long as it has it’s mean growl from Halo CE that would be awesome. Also redesign it accurately reflect a 60 round mag.

You mean typewriter? Lol.
Anyway, I don’t think this’ll happen. I mean, we already have a high-capacity auto weapon with a fast firing rate, don’t we? The SMG. I think legendary weapons should be restricted to power weapons only. I mean, what’s legendary about a weapon that everybody ignores since it’s an AR? Same for any other loadout weapon, yes, they might be a bit better, but a proper power weapon will still trump them every time.

I still think the Chromium Deathmachine has a place as a Legendary Pistol.

I of course speak of the M6D Sidearm from Combat Evolved.

The Binary Rifle and Incineration Cannon could also easily work as Legendary-level weapons as-is; the power they had in Halo 4 becomes imbalanced as hell as a normal gun when you take away Loadouts and Personal Ordnance.

EDIT: Quote = FAIL
I meant to quote the fella above me. Without that, my post kinda lacks context.

> 2533274932540799;4:
> > 2533274823069762;3:
> > As long as it has it’s mean growl from Halo CE that would be awesome. Also redesign it accurately reflect a 60 round mag.
>
>
> You mean typewriter? Lol.
> Anyway, I don’t think this’ll happen. I mean, we already have a high-capacity auto weapon with a fast firing rate, don’t we? The SMG. I think legendary weapons should be restricted to power weapons only. I mean, what’s legendary about a weapon that everybody ignores since it’s an AR? Same for any other loadout weapon, yes, they might be a bit better, but a proper power weapon will still trump them every time.

Exactly. It would be hard to see how any AR or BR could be a “legendary” weapon. If they make a legendary weapon for every basic gun, it would just water down the term. It should be reserved for power weapons.

Maybe we’ll get the Halo 3 shotgun that Miranda used to trash those Brutes in Halo 3 (end of the mission The Covenant).

Or the sniper that Johnson used in Halo CE when you would get him in your Warthog passenger seat and completely demolish everything.

> 2533274827546373;5:
> I still think the Chromium Deathmachine has a place as a Legendary Pistol.
>
> I of course speak of the M6D Sidearm from Combat Evolved.
>
> EDIT: Quote = FAIL
> I meant to quote the fella above me. Without that, my post kinda lacks context.

That would be alright, as it was practically a power weapon to begin with. XD Plus, it functions significantly differently to the normal pistol, which is more like the H2 one, except not utterly useless.

that would be very funny to play with XD

> 2533274810150284;6:
> > 2533274932540799;4:
> > > 2533274823069762;3:
> > > As long as it has it’s mean growl from Halo CE that would be awesome. Also redesign it accurately reflect a 60 round mag.
> >
> >
> > You mean typewriter? Lol.
> > Anyway, I don’t think this’ll happen. I mean, we already have a high-capacity auto weapon with a fast firing rate, don’t we? The SMG. I think legendary weapons should be restricted to power weapons only. I mean, what’s legendary about a weapon that everybody ignores since it’s an AR? Same for any other loadout weapon, yes, they might be a bit better, but a proper power weapon will still trump them every time.
>
>
> Exactly. It would be hard to see how any AR or BR could be a “legendary” weapon. If they make a legendary weapon for every basic gun, it would just water down the term. It should be reserved for power weapons.
>
> Maybe we’ll get the Halo 3 shotgun that Miranda used to trash those Brutes in Halo 3 (end of the mission The Covenant).
>
> Or the sniper that Johnson used in Halo CE when you would get him in your Warthog passenger seat and completely demolish everything.

i would rather have Johnson’s spartan laser, it’s just that it played such a big role in the ending in halo 3. if you are able to get johnson’s laser when you’re waiting for the door to open, it has an unlimited battery. so maybe as a legendary weapon, it would have a longer lasting battery. the shotgun would be cool.

Well it would have better range then the SMG. You can think of it as the MA5Bs used on the Babysitter episode from halo legends. It was fairly accurate and was shredding everything. Also the a lot of people used the MA5Ds on halo 4 and is doing very well on the H2A mp. Add in the smart scope on halo 5 beta. The MA5B would be actually very destructive. The Damage of the MA5D, a little less accuracy for it was known for that, added in the rate of fire that made the SMG look lax and the 60 rounds. Destruction as a legendary AR to be used as a power weapon.

Hell they are adding in the SPNKr rocket launcher as a legendary Rocket when the new one performs exactly the same as the original.

Edit: Did you know that you could get 4 kills with 1 Magazine with the MA5B on halo: CE if you could get every round to hit. It was impossible cause if it’s horrible accuracy though

too less recoginition value imo

> 2533274820441404;11:
> too less recoginition value imo

Idk. There seemed to be plenty when Halo: CE Anniversary was announced and they had the MA37 there and even more crying on the Waypoint / Bungie.net forums about it when they put the MA5C there.

Hell I remember the forums when Halo 2 didn’t have a AR in the 1st place. Ah the good old days when the Internet was being to finally have stable wings and everyone realized they had a voice :stuck_out_tongue:

But someone mentioned the Promethean weapons. And the Suppressior would fit here too

> 2533274884665671;9:
> > 2533274810150284;6:
> > > 2533274932540799;4:
> > > > 2533274823069762;3:
> > > > As long as it has it’s mean growl from Halo CE that would be awesome. Also redesign it accurately reflect a 60 round mag.
> > >
> > >
> > > You mean typewriter? Lol.
> > > Anyway, I don’t think this’ll happen. I mean, we already have a high-capacity auto weapon with a fast firing rate, don’t we? The SMG. I think legendary weapons should be restricted to power weapons only. I mean, what’s legendary about a weapon that everybody ignores since it’s an AR? Same for any other loadout weapon, yes, they might be a bit better, but a proper power weapon will still trump them every time.
> >
> >
> > Exactly. It would be hard to see how any AR or BR could be a “legendary” weapon. If they make a legendary weapon for every basic gun, it would just water down the term. It should be reserved for power weapons.
> >
> > Maybe we’ll get the Halo 3 shotgun that Miranda used to trash those Brutes in Halo 3 (end of the mission The Covenant).
> >
> > Or the sniper that Johnson used in Halo CE when you would get him in your Warthog passenger seat and completely demolish everything.
>
>
> i would rather have Johnson’s spartan laser, it’s just that it played such a big role in the ending in halo 3. if you are able to get johnson’s laser when you’re waiting for the door to open, it has an unlimited battery. so maybe as a legendary weapon, it would have a longer lasting battery. the shotgun would be cool.

I do like that idea. Maybe shorten the charge length and give it an extra shot or two.

I actually think this may have been the weapon josh holmes was talking about, I think there may be an AR with a grenade launcher attachment.

The CEAR filled the SMG role and as such, wasn’t exactly multipurpose off of the small maps or outside the few scattered CQ-locales on the bigger maps. With today’s weapons, the H5SMG itself would pwn its extreme spittle spread.