was the needler nerfed?

Maybe it is just me but it seems like the needler is not sending Spartans to their pink misted doom like it used to. I have not only noticed this while I was using it but also when I am being shot by it, I just shrug it off and kill my attacker when I really should be nothing but a cloud of pink death. The first few weeks it seem like the needler was guaranteed to get you at least two kills when using it within its range, now it is pretty much hit or miss, and when you do kill someone with it it is normally of the beyond the grave variety.

Don’t needles stick to shields now?

I would think they buffed it.

> I would think they buffed it.

this.
the needler feels REALLY powerful to me

They made the lock-on very weak on the Needler, that is why it’s not very effective. Though, predicting where the enemy player is going is the way to go with the weapon.

The needler is a lot more powerful now.

Last night it took me almost all my ammo to kill a non shielded opponent and i almost died it was weird…

It only works CQC, anything further than a few meters and it’s useless!

It is without a doubt more powerful than it has ever been, however it just seems less effective than it was the first few weeks of launch, but with the rail gun, rockets, IC cannon, etc… The game really isn’t short on power weapons as it is, just thought I noticed a change.

Needler still sucks, I will always choose overshield, dmg boost, or even speed boost over it.

Seems fine to me, I just got a triple kill with it before running out of ammo at mid range.

> Needler still sucks, I will always choose overshield, dmg boost, or even speed boost over it.

Oh speed boost, I was on the wrong end of a player who combined speed boost, thurster, and the power sword to devasting results, it was so damn ninja I didn’t get mad. He thrashed the crap out of the whole team