Was that Cortana in SpOps???

When the Promethean Knight soul “opens” with Hawsey tinkering w/ it there’s a distinct female shape in the data “blown” effect… was that just me or was it a possible cortana ghost???

EDIT:
I’m talking of Epi 05, I was just revoewing it now… it kinda looks like her… hmmmm… thoughts???

sigh

I think you should take those huge binoculars off your spartan because I didn’t see a damn thing

> I think you should take those huge binoculars off your spartan because I didn’t see a damn thing

When the data blowns up not when the “brain” is exposed, theres a female shape w/ open arms on the picture when the orange data blowns and Halsey tell the AI to freeze the screens… i saw it again just to be sure.

EDIT:
It’s on 1:53-1:55 of the video, check it on youtube.

I see what you mean with the shape but it wouldn’t make sense for it to be Cortana. It’s the soul of a promethean so the shape is probably just the shape of the Human, just like the images on screen are the Humans memories.

You guys are nuts

I replayed it just now a good 20 times

It looks like the fire explosion to me

The flames just appear to be forming a shape and tricking your head, I dont think its anything important tbh, otherwise the screen time of it would have been more significant

> I see what you mean with the shape but it wouldn’t make sense for it to be Cortana. It’s the soul of a promethean so the shape is probably just the shape of the Human, just like the images on screen are the Humans memories.

Hmmm… i get your point… but i kinda see it as a female shape so my mind goes directly to her… being in spartan ops, is not a big leap to show a glimpse of this and a little of that, so when something show up along the way they could say they planned on it since waaay back you know

This is a case of seeing what you want to see. Its already said that the Covies are trying awaken the librarian. Its most likely her in the “ghost” image.

> You guys are nuts
>
> I replayed it just now a good 20 times
>
> It looks like the fire explosion to me
>
> The flames just appear to be forming a shape and tricking your head, I dont think its anything important tbh, otherwise the screen time of it would have been more significant

It could be as you say… i really liked Cortana, so could be my mind playing tricks or just a ramdom human shape as it have being pointed out… but still its too cheese imo too just be ramdomly there…

> This is a case of seeing what you want to see. Its already said that the Covies are trying awaken the librarian. Its most likely her in the “ghost” image.

I dont think thats the case, 'cause thats a Promethean Soul as the Covies themselfs call it…

> You guys are nuts
>
> I replayed it just now a good 20 times
>
> It looks like the fire explosion to me
>
> The flames just appear to be forming a shape and tricking your head, I dont think its anything important tbh, otherwise the screen time of it would have been more significant

You, sir, are the one that is nuts. Play the video and puase it when the explosion occurs. You WILL clearly see the female figure.

OP - THis is the soul of a human that Didect used to make more Knights in the war with Flood.

> > This is a case of seeing what you want to see. Its already said that the Covies are trying awaken the librarian. Its most likely her in the “ghost” image.
>
> I dont think thats the case, 'cause thats a Promethean Soul as the Covies themselfs call it…

The covies dont know the full story of humans/forerunners and humans as “reclaimers”. They might think its promethean, but it could simply be a forerunner as our body shapes are similar.

is definitly a female shape. i made a screen-shoot:

cortana?

Fools, Cortana never died! How can a God die? She has the codex, she had the information to stop her rampancy all along. She’s been playing two sides. She has achieved metastability, but this isn’t a good thing. Chef always runs into trouble with her, she is always pushing him to the limit of witch no other human could survive. I guarantee her best intentions are not to keep him alive. An A.I. doesn’t come back from The Gravemind completely whole, it has been stated in the books. Feast your eyes upon the next 2 Halo games, because this baby is going to 6!

> > I see what you mean with the shape but it wouldn’t make sense for it to be Cortana. It’s the soul of a promethean so the shape is probably just the shape of the Human, just like the images on screen are the Humans memories.
>
> Hmmm… i get your point… but i kinda see it as a female shape so my mind goes directly to her… being in spartan ops, is not a big leap to show a glimpse of this and a little of that, so when something show up along the way they could say they planned on it since waaay back you know

I can see it too. Definitely looks female, however that figure doesn’t seem to have hair… ok, that sounded stupid but I think you know what I want to say.^^

> OP - THis is the soul of a human that Didect used to make more Knights in the war with Flood.

thats sound logic. i also don´t think thats cortana.

so that must be a female from new pheonix,or not?

I am about 99% sure that Cortana is dead and gone. It was tragic, yes. She was a great character, but I think you should be more focused on other things like “Why the hell does this thing have human memories from the New Phoenix attack?” opposed to “OMFG is that Cortana?!” because it’s time to put her character to rest, at least until 343i releases some solid evidence that she is returning (which I think is very unlikely.) 343i would just be running in circles if they soley revolved around the Chief and Cortana, so I think they took the right step by acknowledging the strong connection they had, but at the same time putting that relationship to an end so that they can move the Halo story in a new direction. Cortana will most likely not return again. Ever.

From my understanding the prometheans knights are humans that were transformed into their current state. Their souls would have been left intact and become the Promethean soul. This image is likely the manifestation of that soul.

There is a figure in the data explosion but I can’t tell if it’s Cortana.

But I think that Cortana is going to be human in some capacity IF we see her again. Before ridiculing me hear me out. The Librarian mentions that the Composer can convert humans to A.I. and that the opposite process had been attempted but only ‘abominations’ had resulted. Remember that Cortana ‘fell’ into the composer at the end of H4. Also 343i has stated that this new trilogy will further explore the relationship between Chief and Cortana… Kinda hard to do that if there is no Cortana.

While I do agree that Cortana is probably not entirely ‘gone for good’ (cue the plot of the next two Halo games…), I don’t think that’s her - that’s simply one of the humans from New Phoenix who were ‘composed’ by the Didact’s attack on Earth.

What I suspect is that, considering the mention of Thorn losing family in the attack in Episode 1, it’s the memory engram (or similar) of one of them (a sister, maybe?). I wonder if the upcoming storylines will involve trying to restore/recover somesuch individiuals, perhaps by reverse-engineering the process using AI tech as a basis.

Rampant speculation on my part, obviously, but I do think it’s a plausible scenario.