Was most of the update necessary?

In my opinion, I thought the update helped a bit with some weapons that needed to be buffed or nerfed…
Yet I still don’t like it, and this is because it made the BR the “mainstream”(OP) weapon due to its 4-shot kill. This makes it dominate anybody within medium range, leaving other loadout weapons somewhat ineffective when against it.
Instead of hearing DMRs shooting all of the map, now I’m starting to hear more BRs now. This is obvious that it became overpowered.

~Happy with Carbine

This buff to the BR, to me, was unnecessary.

People went with the DMR at first was because it was completely easy to use.
Now since BR got more easy to handle, people start to use it more, thus this changes NOTHING!

An easy way to have avoided change was to give bloom to the DMR… This would’ve fixed many problems
Such as:
~Getting easy kills while at long range camping with DMR
~Balance with the amount of players using other weapons. (in opinion)

Positive effects
~Give players more time to run and take cover when being shot by a DMR (at long-range)
~Will require more skill to use
~Efficiency in medium-close range fights won’t be affected much.
~In medium range, with the chances of missing, will give people enough time to retaliate and kill opponent(depending on skill).
~Slows the pace of the game
~Discourages camping with DMR
~Diversity of Play Styles
~The willing to pace your shots for improved accuracy

Most of all:
No Rage

Please leave a comment below

The BR is more powerful yes but it has had it rate of fire lowered and its range reduced. On big open maps the LR and DMR still out perform it. The buff was needed so that the DMR didn’t just dominate every map and game type. You just have to use more than one load out now.

Yes, since the DMR was OP.
If it the update is good? Definitely.

However, I don’t have a clean option on this since I want to see a version, when the DMR gets nerfed, and everything stayed the same.

After that, I can say this update is good.

The map now alters the weapons effective use for example you wont use the suppressor on Ragnarok and I see every weapon now instead of just DMR

> In my opinion, I thought the update helped a bit with some weapons that needed to be buffed or nerfed…
> Yet I still don’t like it, <mark>and this is because it made the BR the “mainstream”(OP) weapon due to its 4-shot kill. This makes it dominate anybody within medium range, leaving other loadout weapons somewhat ineffective when against it.</mark>
> Instead of hearing DMRs shooting all of the map, now I’m starting to hear more BRs now. This is obvious that it became overpowered.
>
> ~Happy with Carbine
>
> This buff to the BR, to me, was unnecessary.
>
> <mark>People went with the DMR at first was because it was completely easy to use.</mark>
> <mark>Now since BR got more easy to handle, people start to use it more, thus this changes</mark> NOTHING!
>
> An easy way to have avoided change was to give bloom to the DMR… This would’ve fixed many problems
> Such as:
> ~Getting easy kills while at long range camping with DMR
> ~Balance with the amount of players using other weapons. (in opinion)
>
> Positive effects
> ~Give players more time to run and take cover when being shot by a DMR (at long-range)
> ~Will require more skill to use
> ~Efficiency in medium-close range fights won’t be affected much.
> ~In medium range, with the chances of missing, will give people enough time to retaliate and kill opponent(depending on skill).
> ~Slows the pace of the game
> ~Discourages camping with DMR
> ~Diversity of Play Styles
> ~The willing to pace your shots for improved accuracy
>
> Most of all:
> No Rage
>
> Please leave a comment below

The BR is suppose to dominate in that’s range, that’s the whole purpose of this update to make other rifles a viable option and to make the DMR not the go-to-god-gun in every situation.

The problem with the DMR is that because of its uber high aim assist it was out duelling the BR outside of its effective range

The DMR should excel at long ranges not close-mid range

Making the BR a 4sk allows it to compete with the DMR while not taking away any of the DMR’s “strengths” and if you want my opinion I still believe the DMR needs a Bullet Magnetism nerf

The BR is not nearly as easy to use as the DMR was and still is The DMR has a longer range and a higher Aim Assist and Bullet Magnetism making it far easier to use, it just seems that the BR is easier to use now because skilled players can actually use the BR effectively now

In short, the weapon tuning is perfect

The only update that was needed would have been a small RoF nerf for DMR… Instead we got way too fast killtimes and another almighty weapon, LR.
Oh well this update was a final nail in the coffin of H4 for me. See you guys in the H5.

> The only update that was needed would have been a small RoF nerf for DMR… Instead we got way too fast killtimes and another almighty weapon, LR.
> Oh well this update was a final nail in the coffin of H4 for me. See you guys in the H5.

Like I said previous the DMR’s RoF isn’t the issue the fact its BM and AA is the highest of all the precision weapons and the fact it had the longest RRR is what made it unbalanced

Fast kill times have always been a part of halo up until halo reach which slowed the pace down to an agonizing halt.

H4 feels like a halo game again
Weapon tuning + Slayer Pro in the IS playlist = Best thing to happen to H4