Was it a Bad Idea to Tell us Halo 4 Starts a New Trilogy ?

Don’t get me wrong, I love Halo and I’m glad it is going to continue, BUT, was it wrong to tell us Halo 4 is the start of a new Trilogy ?

In my opinion, I think they may have jumped the gun a bit. Think about it, now that we know that we will be getting a new Trilogy, it Completely rules out any danger that they place the Master Chief in until at least Halo 6. I think that this in some way will take away from the experience of playing through the next three games.

I’d like to know what the rest of the Halo community thinks about this.

Um… no. There is never any sense of danger on our action heroes, only their companions. The very definition of a hero is someone who gets other kills (at least 1 of them :))

True, but bungie said that Halo 1-3 would be a trilogy early on, and people forgot… at least I think they did. Maybe that’s Gears o War…

Alls I can say is, don’t be a red shirt on a mission.

I agree with Reaper…the hero in games or movies are never really in any legitimate danger. Well come to think of it there was that John Wayne movie, The Cowboys, where he died in the end, but I digress. I was and still have been quite happy that they announced a new trilogy with Halo. It shows that they are putting effort into keeping this thing alive, and that they are moving forward with the fiction not looking back.

I think I am probably in the minority, but this game has not always been about Master Chief for me. I will admit in the beginning it was, because, well, he was all that was left, but with the advent of ODST and all the novels, and even with Halsey’s journal, there are so many different avenues to take the story.
I am glad I am here to witness and be a small part of it.

There are always exceptions, always :slight_smile: You could say Neo is the one that does it all.

> There are always exceptions, always :slight_smile: You could say Neo is the one that does it all.

Yes, but than again all the ones that came before him failed in their mission…or did they? :slight_smile:

Who says chief has to be the main character for all the games?

Hopefully Halo 5 is for the next xbox :confused:

> Hopefully Halo 5 is for the next xbox :confused:

If it is, i’ll be almost forced to get the new xbox.

Master Chief can only be killed by old age, he refuses to be killed by anything else, because think of all the times he should of died and all he’s been through. He fought through practically the whole covenant army several times, he went into the center of the flood stronghold into the center and came out untouched, he survived a blast that should’ve easily killed him, he has fought off Guilty Spark’s guard bots, 3 times. Jesus, wouldn’t be surprised if he went to hell and back and still came out without a single scratch on him. It wouldn’t surprise me that he could survive long enough to make another trilogy.

> Who says chief has to be the main character for all the games?

Blasphemy!

Clint Eastwood gets cooked out in the desert in The Good, The Bad And The Ugly.

> Master Chief can only be killed by old age, he refuses to be killed by anything else, because think of all the times he should of died and all he’s been through. He fought through practically the whole covenant army several times, he went into the center of the flood stronghold into the center and came out untouched, he survived a blast that should’ve easily killed him, he has fought off Guilty Spark’s guard bots, 3 times. Jesus, wouldn’t be surprised if he went to hell and back and still came out without a single scratch on him. It wouldn’t surprise me that he could survive long enough to make another trilogy.

I know that but, when we do play the next few games, we won’t experience that split second of doubt of “Is Chief going to live ?” like we had while playing Halo 3.

It’s moments like that which really pull you into the story because you don’t know what’s going to happen next.

Yeah but Master chief could still die (he probally wont) but it could be 343’s way of sending him out with a bang before tehy introduce a new protagoinist for a new age by giving him one final last stand, (think about it he saved the galaxy, so maybe halo 4 will be a more personal quest for masterchief, his last huraha)

personally I don’t see them killing off Master Chief but I could be wrong. That and his name is John therefore he is a badass. John McClane, John Rambo, John Spartan (Demolition Man). . .