Was Harvest worth it?

When the Covenant met the Humans at Harvest they obviously took it but would the Human-Covenant wars outcome changed if Cole’s fleet had never gone back to retake Harvest. It is possible but not likely that the Covenant could have thought that Harvest was our homeworld and then we could have had more time to build up a defence and take it to the Covenant. I’m not recognising this as a plot hole but rather as a pretty big ‘what if’. That is unless we told the Covenant of our origins during first contact but still then it would look pretty damn suspicious that we have FTL drives yet have not left our homeworld.

In the extra time we gained we could could have build Orbital MAC guns surrounding our planets, a larger fleet, trained countless more Spartans and established a treaty with the Insurrectionists.

I am yet to Read Contact Harvest but I have read Fall of Reach, The Flood, First Strike and have nearly finished Evolutions.

> When the Covenant met the Humans at Harvest they obviously took it but would the Human-Covenant wars outcome changed if Cole’s fleet had never gone back to retake Harvest. It is possible but not likely that the Covenant could have thought that Harvest was our homeworld and then we could have had more time to build up a defence and take it to the Covenant. I’m not recognising this as a plot hole but rather as a pretty big ‘what if’. That is unless we told the Covenant of our origins during first contact but still then it would look pretty damn suspicious that we have FTL drives yet have not left our homeworld.
>
> In the extra time we gained we could could have build Orbital MAC guns surrounding our planets, a larger fleet, trained countless more Spartans and established a treaty with the Insurrectionists.
>
> I am yet to Read Contact Harvest but I have read Fall of Reach, The Flood, First Strike and have nearly finished Evolutions.

If you read contact harvest u learn alot first contact was with a ship that was traveling from on planet to harvest so chances they would know that harvest was not the only planet we had under are control plus other parts of the story explained more info.

> > When the Covenant met the Humans at Harvest they obviously took it but would the Human-Covenant wars outcome changed if Cole’s fleet had never gone back to retake Harvest. It is possible but not likely that the Covenant could have thought that Harvest was our homeworld and then we could have had more time to build up a defence and take it to the Covenant. I’m not recognising this as a plot hole but rather as a pretty big ‘what if’. That is unless we told the Covenant of our origins during first contact but still then it would look pretty damn suspicious that we have FTL drives yet have not left our homeworld.
> >
> > In the extra time we gained we could could have build Orbital MAC guns surrounding our planets, a larger fleet, trained countless more Spartans and established a treaty with the Insurrectionists.
> >
> > I am yet to Read Contact Harvest but I have read Fall of Reach, The Flood, First Strike and have nearly finished Evolutions.
>
> If you read contact harvest u learn alot first contact was with a ship that was traveling from on planet to harvest so chances they would know that harvest was not the only planet we had under are control plus other parts of the story explained more info.

I have actually just started reading Contact Harvest and I knew something would make this post irrelevant.

> > > When the Covenant met the Humans at Harvest they obviously took it but would the Human-Covenant wars outcome changed if Cole’s fleet had never gone back to retake Harvest. It is possible but not likely that the Covenant could have thought that Harvest was our homeworld and then we could have had more time to build up a defence and take it to the Covenant. I’m not recognising this as a plot hole but rather as a pretty big ‘what if’. That is unless we told the Covenant of our origins during first contact but still then it would look pretty damn suspicious that we have FTL drives yet have not left our homeworld.
> > >
> > > In the extra time we gained we could could have build Orbital MAC guns surrounding our planets, a larger fleet, trained countless more Spartans and established a treaty with the Insurrectionists.
> > >
> > > I am yet to Read Contact Harvest but I have read Fall of Reach, The Flood, First Strike and have nearly finished Evolutions.
> >
> > If you read contact harvest u learn alot first contact was with a ship that was traveling from on planet to harvest so chances they would know that harvest was not the only planet we had under are control plus other parts of the story explained more info.
>
> I have actually just started reading Contact Harvest and I knew something would make this post irrelevant.

Mk its a really good book and has alot of view from Johnson which is cool i like him alot

> > > > When the Covenant met the Humans at Harvest they obviously took it but would the Human-Covenant wars outcome changed if Cole’s fleet had never gone back to retake Harvest. It is possible but not likely that the Covenant could have thought that Harvest was our homeworld and then we could have had more time to build up a defence and take it to the Covenant. I’m not recognising this as a plot hole but rather as a pretty big ‘what if’. That is unless we told the Covenant of our origins during first contact but still then it would look pretty damn suspicious that we have FTL drives yet have not left our homeworld.
> > > >
> > > > In the extra time we gained we could could have build Orbital MAC guns surrounding our planets, a larger fleet, trained countless more Spartans and established a treaty with the Insurrectionists.
> > > >
> > > > I am yet to Read Contact Harvest but I have read Fall of Reach, The Flood, First Strike and have nearly finished Evolutions.
> > >
> > > If you read contact harvest u learn alot first contact was with a ship that was traveling from on planet to harvest so chances they would know that harvest was not the only planet we had under are control plus other parts of the story explained more info.
> >
> > I have actually just started reading Contact Harvest and I knew it would make this post irrelevant.
>
> Mk its a really good book and has alot of view from Johnson which is cool i like him alot

Yeah, he is one Badass marine!

> > > > > When the Covenant met the Humans at Harvest they obviously took it but would the Human-Covenant wars outcome changed if Cole’s fleet had never gone back to retake Harvest. It is possible but not likely that the Covenant could have thought that Harvest was our homeworld and then we could have had more time to build up a defence and take it to the Covenant. I’m not recognising this as a plot hole but rather as a pretty big ‘what if’. That is unless we told the Covenant of our origins during first contact but still then it would look pretty damn suspicious that we have FTL drives yet have not left our homeworld.
> > > > >
> > > > > In the extra time we gained we could could have build Orbital MAC guns surrounding our planets, a larger fleet, trained countless more Spartans and established a treaty with the Insurrectionists.
> > > > >
> > > > > I am yet to Read Contact Harvest but I have read Fall of Reach, The Flood, First Strike and have nearly finished Evolutions.
> > > >
> > > > If you read contact harvest u learn alot first contact was with a ship that was traveling from on planet to harvest so chances they would know that harvest was not the only planet we had under are control plus other parts of the story explained more info.
> > >
> > > I have actually just started reading Contact Harvest and I knew it would make this post irrelevant.
> >
> > Mk its a really good book and has alot of view from Johnson which is cool i like him alot
>
> Yeah, he is one Badass marine!

YEP

I think if the UNSC had time travel, they could sort out a lot more than just save Harvest.

> I think if the UNSC had time travel, they could sort out a lot more than just save Harvest.

Smartass, hahahaha I’ll change the title.

I think if humanity had abandoned Harvest, the Covie would still have figured out that it wasn’t the homeworld. There’s a lot of information there, shipping routes, nav charts, etc. Even something as simple as realizing that there is a whole lot of agriculture for a relatively small population of people.