Was Halo 5 changed for the better?

Just out of curiosity, I’ve seen complaints about the new features and changes.
What I mean about it being changed for the better was since Halo 5 is now almost completely different in gameplay compared to previous Halos (not really counting H4) with features such as sights for aiming, groundpound, sprint, clambering/climbing, thrusters and the sprint-melee. These have certainly made Halo more fast-paced.
Do you think that those new features to change Halo were a good thing, or was bad and should be like previous games?

They killed the story. Dull.

Mostly not.

Thrusters are arguably a good mechanic. I could go either way, but it’s a lot less necessary and desirable in a non-hitscan game.
Sprint is…eugh, don’t get me started. Terrible.
Smart Scope I have mixed feelings about, the pseudo-ADS is kind of lame.
Spartan Charge is derpy as hell and really doesn’t benefit the gameplay at all.
Ground Pound and Slide have very little impact on the game, don’t care one way or the other.
Clamber is bad because the game is designed around its utilization, rather than just jumping over obstacles.
The new visual and audio feedback changes are great.
The delay between picking up and using a power up is -Yoinking!- dumb and pointless.
The requisition system is poorly executed and overall just a bad idea.
The weapon balance is decent but could be better.
The map designs are uninteresting. Get the people who designed Ce and 2’s maps, best in the franchise.

I don’t like it. But they are listening to us and our suggestions, so personally I’ll quit my bickering and wait. They are adding and evolving their child, I’ll let them parent it a bit.

But out because I know that they are listening…I’ll make one personal suggestion… Bring back Flood! That’s it. Where they go from there idc, or how far they take it again idc as long as they promise to bring back the flood. I’d love it if they were brought back in a big way… But at the same time I wouldn’t mind any other way, just so long as the flood return. Maybe if 343 can do it… Flood skins for our Spartans armor and weapons as a mythic Req. I just want flood back.

> 2533274819302824;3:
> Mostly not.
>
> Thrusters are arguably a good mechanic. I could go either way, but it’s a lot less necessary and desirable in a non-hitscan game.
> Sprint is…eugh, don’t get me started. Terrible.
> Smart Scope I have mixed feelings about, the pseudo-ADS is kind of lame.
> Spartan Charge is derpy as hell and really doesn’t benefit the gameplay at all.
> Ground Pound and Slide have very little impact on the game, don’t care one way or the other.
> Clamber is bad because the game is designed around its utilization, rather than just jumping over obstacles.
> The new visual and audio feedback changes are great.
> The delay between picking up and using a power up is -Yoinking!- dumb and pointless.

I like the new map structure and how it is, mind you I’d love more obstacles. Sprint is bad like shouldn’t your shields absorb the blow allowing you sprint without slowing down?

Halo has evolved and become great again so damn right it changed for the better. Back to the old Arena Style we all love

better than reach worse than halo 3

100% has changed for the better, and once the game evolves and players really start taking advantage of the new movement options I think we’re in for some amazing gameplay.

i loved the story and multiplayer of halo 5 it makes you on the edge of your seat and gives you excitement, it proves that CoD can suck it and halo is better, halo 5 is fast paced but full of strategy which makes it challenging

i dont get the hate

> 2600292642016732;8:
> 100% has changed for the better, and once the game evolves and players really start taking advantage of the new movement options I think we’re in for some amazing gameplay.

Just think. In 11 years people will be looking back and saying “I remember the days of Halo 5” like they do 2 and 3. This is a great game

Not yet.

Still missing so many fundamental features like gametypes (RIP Infection), campaign theatre and even basic stuff like post game carnage reports that show your medals.

I appreciate what they’re doing trying to add new content every month but I’m still disappointed at how long it seems like it is going to take before the game gets to where it could have been at launch in terms of Quality and Content.

Gameplay-wise? For the most part over Halo 4, sure. Though the tiny as crap radar makes Arena terrible, almost unplayable. But the extreme lack of content in this game is really starting to show. We have, what, 3 gametypes? Slayer, CTF and Strongholds. Whoever thought that releasing a game with so little to do really needs to rethink things…

Halo 4 was designed to be far too casual, but now Halo 5 has gone to the complete other extreme. For those who are extreme competitive MLG Pro wannabes? It has what you want. I guess. For everybody else? It gets old rather quickly… I enjoy playing Halo 5, sure. But I can’t spend a whole day playing it like I did with Reach, Halo 3, or even the Master Chief Collection. There just isn’t enough stuff to do.

I’m starting to lose faith in 343i and their ability to handle Halo. They just don’t seem to “get” the series at all.

Enjoyed the campaign, but visually the game is not even close to prior Halos in my opinion.
Played some MM and was surprised the maps didn’t look anything like Halo, very crude, blocky, no textures, lighting was off most of the time, and everything is reflective and shiny. It made me want to go back to earlier games (which I will do, can’t wait for Reach on the One), the ones where I always got distracted looking at the views, the lighting, the butterflies, the overall beauty.
Maybe the graphics and visuals were downgraded to focus on game play and e-sport? I remember Regret from the beta, and it seemed to have less red, blue and dark lighting and more sunlight, felt more like being outdoors, less confining.
I usually don’t like making comparisons, and I understand Bungie is no longer in charge here, but Destiny has an A+ weapon handling and the most gorgeous graphics. Actually preferred the H4 maps by far, these maps feel lifeless, as if everything had been created in a plastic casting.
Sorry for complaining, it’s not my forte. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and this is only my opinion, but as an artist, can’t help but miss the older Halos.
;(

> 2533275007895929;11:
> > 2600292642016732;8:
> > 100% has changed for the better, and once the game evolves and players really start taking advantage of the new movement options I think we’re in for some amazing gameplay.
>
>
> Just think. In 11 years people will be looking back and saying “I remember the days of Halo 5” like they do 2 and 3. This is a great game

I’m sure people will be long gone from the series before the quality gets that bad.

There are some things that are good.

Sprint, thruster and clamber are all really bad though. The game would play signifigantly better without them.

Sprint has been making halo slower paced. TTK may be decreased, but the game on a large scale is still slower paced.

Changed for the better compared to Halo 4. For the other Halo games, I can’t really say.

> 2533275007895929;11:
> > 2600292642016732;8:
> > 100% has changed for the better, and once the game evolves and players really start taking advantage of the new movement options I think we’re in for some amazing gameplay.
>
>
> Just think. In 11 years people will be looking back and saying “I remember the days of Halo 5” like they do 2 and 3. This is a great game

No they wont. H2 and h3 ruled over xbl. Everyone played those games. H5 dips in and out of the xbl top TEN.

> 2535412270366413;10:
> i dont get the hate

Neither do I, the Spartans aren’t paper thin like the CoD soldiers and the stormtroopers and rebels of the EA battlefront.