Was halo 5 big plot just a big misunderstanding?

Come to think of it, when the trailer for halo 5 come out, and the teaser hunt for truth,about master chief was going rouge , it basically was all a miss under standing…that was the big hype !??, so when Locke finally found chief and said your under arrest sir for going rouge chief was like… Gotta stop the end of the world mate…and Locke was like oh sorry mate…as you were …

> 2533274900174422;1:
> Come to think of it, when the trailer for halo 5 come out, and the teaser hunt for truth,about master chief was going rouge , it basically was all a miss under standing…that was the big hype !??, so when Locke finally found chief and said your under arrest sir for going rouge chief was like… Gotta stop the end of the world mate…and Locke was like oh sorry mate…as you were …

Except it wasn’t. “The official story is the master chief is dead.” Did I miss that in h5? There is a major difference between going ‘rogue’ and be declared AWOL. Going ‘Rogue’ would indicate the chief either taking actions or being blamed for actions that were harmful or difficult to understand. Even without changing the level design much, they could have stuck to their pitch by not having the UNSC know about Cortana and having Chief chase her as she activated the guardians. Chief shows up on a planet and giant death robot starts killing people. Then it happens again and again. That would have been him going ‘rogue’ at least from the perspective of the UNSC. That would also cause it to make sense to send an assassin after him. Instead the game portrayed the chief like a drunken airmen who didn’t make it home at the end of his weekend pass and they sent an MP to round him up.

I wrote this article: Why Master Chief Wanted To Find Cortana In Halo 5, which might explain the plot of Halo 5 a little better.

Overall 343 knew what the fans wanted. So they kept up with the advertisements. But the final product never lived up to what they were telling us (Halo 4 lived up to most expectations) and only hoped that we would be pleased. Instead, we feel somewhat betrayed.

> 2533274880633045;2:
> > 2533274900174422;1:
> > Come to think of it, when the trailer for halo 5 come out, and the teaser hunt for truth,about master chief was going rouge , it basically was all a miss under standing…that was the big hype !??, so when Locke finally found chief and said your under arrest sir for going rouge chief was like… Gotta stop the end of the world mate…and Locke was like oh sorry mate…as you were …
>
>
> Except it wasn’t. “The official story is the master chief is dead.” Did I miss that in h5? There is a major difference between going ‘rogue’ and be declared AWOL. Going ‘Rogue’ would indicate the chief either taking actions or being blamed for actions that were harmful or difficult to understand. Even without changing the level design much, they could have stuck to their pitch by not having the UNSC know about Cortana and having Chief chase her as she activated the guardians. Chief shows up on a planet and giant death robot starts killing people. Then it happens again and again. That would have been him going ‘rogue’ at least from the perspective of the UNSC. That would also cause it to make sense to send an assassin after him. Instead the game portrayed the chief like a drunken airmen who didn’t make it home at the end of his weekend pass and they sent an MP to round him up.

Then again, the reports were from Meridian. Governor Sloan was helping Cortana. He might have told a little lie. Glassed planets have bad records.

The campaign was great. Should’ve been advertised correctly. Hopefully they implement the original idea to Halo 6.

It was a misleading advertising nightmare

> 2533274880633045;2:
> > 2533274900174422;1:
> > Come to think of it, when the trailer for halo 5 come out, and the teaser hunt for truth,about master chief was going rouge , it basically was all a miss under standing…that was the big hype !??, so when Locke finally found chief and said your under arrest sir for going rouge chief was like… Gotta stop the end of the world mate…and Locke was like oh sorry mate…as you were …
>
>
> Except it wasn’t. “The official story is the master chief is dead.” Did I miss that in h5? There is a major difference between going ‘rogue’ and be declared AWOL. Going ‘Rogue’ would indicate the chief either taking actions or being blamed for actions that were harmful or difficult to understand. Even without changing the level design much, they could have stuck to their pitch by not having the UNSC know about Cortana and having Chief chase her as she activated the guardians. Chief shows up on a planet and giant death robot starts killing people. Then it happens again and again. That would have been him going ‘rogue’ at least from the perspective of the UNSC. That would also cause it to make sense to send an assassin after him. Instead the game portrayed the chief like a drunken airmen who didn’t make it home at the end of his weekend pass and they sent an MP to round him up.

This. Chief was only present on ONE planet with a Guardian. The whole, “Chief is a traitor” narrative was completely cut off. One of the many things in the marketing that made no sense at all.

And another good point is that being charged with being absent without leave is worlds apart from being accused of being a traitor.

> 2533274812650916;7:
> > 2533274880633045;2:
> > > 2533274900174422;1:
> > > Come to think of it, when the trailer for halo 5 come out, and the teaser hunt for truth,about master chief was going rouge , it basically was all a miss under standing…that was the big hype !??, so when Locke finally found chief and said your under arrest sir for going rouge chief was like… Gotta stop the end of the world mate…and Locke was like oh sorry mate…as you were …
> >
> >
> > Except it wasn’t. “The official story is the master chief is dead.” Did I miss that in h5? There is a major difference between going ‘rogue’ and be declared AWOL. Going ‘Rogue’ would indicate the chief either taking actions or being blamed for actions that were harmful or difficult to understand. Even without changing the level design much, they could have stuck to their pitch by not having the UNSC know about Cortana and having Chief chase her as she activated the guardians. Chief shows up on a planet and giant death robot starts killing people. Then it happens again and again. That would have been him going ‘rogue’ at least from the perspective of the UNSC. That would also cause it to make sense to send an assassin after him. Instead the game portrayed the chief like a drunken airmen who didn’t make it home at the end of his weekend pass and they sent an MP to round him up.
>
>
> This. Chief was only present on ONE planet with a Guardian. The whole, “Chief is a traitor” narrative was completely cut off. One of the many things in the marketing that made no sense at all.
>
> And another good point is that being charged with being absent without leave is worlds apart from being accused of being a traitor.

Absent without leave: brig time. Traitor: death. Yep there’s a HUGE diffrence there.

> 2533274812650916;7:
> > 2533274880633045;2:
> > > Come to think of it, when the trailer for halo 5 come out, and the teaser hunt for truth,about master chief was going rouge , it basically was all a miss under standing…that was the big hype !??, so when Locke finally found chief and said your under arrest sir for going rouge chief was like… Gotta stop the end of the world mate…and Locke was like oh sorry mate…as you were …
> >
> >
> > Except it wasn’t. “The official story is the master chief is dead.” Did I miss that in h5? There is a major difference between going ‘rogue’ and be declared AWOL. Going ‘Rogue’ would indicate the chief either taking actions or being blamed for actions that were harmful or difficult to understand. Even without changing the level design much, they could have stuck to their pitch by not having the UNSC know about Cortana and having Chief chase her as she activated the guardians. Chief shows up on a planet and giant death robot starts killing people. Then it happens again and again. That would have been him going ‘rogue’ at least from the perspective of the UNSC. That would also cause it to make sense to send an assassin after him. Instead the game portrayed the chief like a drunken airmen who didn’t make it home at the end of his weekend pass and they sent an MP to round him up.
>
>
> This. Chief was only present on ONE planet with a Guardian. The whole, “Chief is a traitor” narrative was completely cut off. One of the many things in the marketing that made no sense at all.
>
> And another good point is that being charged with being absent without leave is worlds apart from being accused of being a traitor.

Yeah don’t you remember chief being called a traitor???locke Saying you used to be the humanity greatness hero…making out chief has done something out rages…it was a huge misleading advertisement…

A misunderstanding between the writers and the marketing department, perhaps?

As in, once the writers made the decision to significantly reboot a large portion of the story, which it seems nearly certain that they did at some point for whatever unknown reason, they apparently failed to pass along the memo…

Halo 5 broke my heart. I only bought an Xbox one because I was so excited for it after Halo 4. I eventually sold after playing it once compared to playing Halo 2 thousand times. Here is why:

1. Bait: The most badass version of Chief was presented to us wrapped in a Christmas bow. Our freaking hero was supposed to go rogue despite the entire unsc army and Spartan mercenaries hunting him down, but we knew he was doing it for the right reasons, we grew up with him and always wanted to see him make his own choices anf stand up for what he really believed in. Instead we got him just saying " No".

2. The “Villian”: Cortana??? Seriously!! Who asked for her??? We spent the last 4 games seeing her say bye and then come back. Out of the entire universe you came up with Cortana being the Villian??

In a way Chief has been the antagonist for the last two games. Everything that has gone wrong since halo 3 has been directly his fault. His mission on Requium was to steal transport back to earth, instead he unleashed the Diadact who unleashed the promethian armies, and got an earth city and a research station composed. He was supposed to hand over Cortana but didn’t (I know she stopped the Diadact). The worst thing is that in halo 5 chief actually gives Cortana access to the domain. She didn’t have full access before he got to genesis. Those buttons he pushed opened up the gateway to the domain and gave her full control. Cortana played him.

> 2533274812650916;7:
> > 2533274880633045;2:
> >
> >
>
>
>

He did go to Sanghelios for… What reason?

> 2535414041472966;11:
> Halo 5 broke my heart. I only bought an Xbox one because I was so excited for it after Halo 4. I eventually sold after playing it once compared to playing Halo 2 thousand times. Here is why:
>
> 1. Bait: The most badass version of Chief was presented to us wrapped in a Christmas bow. Our freaking hero was supposed to go rogue despite the entire unsc army and Spartan mercenaries hunting him down, but we knew he was doing it for the right reasons, we grew up with him and always wanted to see him make his own choices anf stand up for what he really believed in. Instead we got him just saying “No”.
>
> 2. The “Villian”: Cortana??? Seriously!! Who asked for her??? We spent the last 4 games seeing her say bye and then come back. Out of the entire universe you came up with Cortana being the Villian??

Exactly! As for Cortana, everyone knows by now her death was pointles etc etc. I actually would’ve been okay with her coming back if only it was “part” of her, like a message of herself she left behind. (Didn’t someone say once that it’s the “ghost” of Cortana that returned? Idk)

Now we must accept that she has returned, and hopefully it’s because someone is controlling her.

> 2535414369351666;3:
> I wrote this article: Why Master Chief Wanted To Find Cortana In Halo 5, which might explain the plot of Halo 5 a little better.
>
> Overall 343 knew what the fans wanted. So they kept up with the advertisements. But the final product never lived up to what they were telling us (Halo 4 lived up to most expectations) and only hoped that we would be pleased. Instead, we feel somewhat betrayed.

It’s not just that the product didn’t live up to what they were telling us (which is a huge thing, mind you), it’s also that the story they gave us was downright bad. the idea of bringing Cortana back as a villain/Space -Yoink!- was bad. Having all the AIs suddenly decide “hey, let’s turn evil for no reason without any precedent to this” was even more terrible. And all of this was wrapped together in nonsense that had absolutely no connection to past Halo games.

> 2533274849645270;12:
> In a way Chief has been the antagonist for the last two games. Everything that has gone wrong since halo 3 has been directly his fault. His mission on Requium was to steal transport back to earth, instead he unleashed the Diadact who unleashed the promethian armies, and got an earth city and a research station composed. He was supposed to hand over Cortana but didn’t (I know she stopped the Diadact). The worst thing is that in halo 5 chief actually gives Cortana access to the domain. She didn’t have full access before he got to genesis. Those buttons he pushed opened up the gateway to the domain and gave her full control. Cortana played him.

True, however Chief was the only person willing to stop what he accidentally unleashed. It’s only because of Chief the Didact was defeated. Otherwise, Jul M’dama might’ve easily found a way to release the Didact if it were not for John.

> 2533274808386392;15:
> > 2535414369351666;3:
> > I wrote this article: Why Master Chief Wanted To Find Cortana In Halo 5, which might explain the plot of Halo 5 a little better.
> >
> > Overall 343 knew what the fans wanted. So they kept up with the advertisements. But the final product never lived up to what they were telling us (Halo 4 lived up to most expectations) and only hoped that we would be pleased. Instead, we feel somewhat betrayed.
>
>
> It’s not just that the product didn’t live up to what they were telling us (which is a huge thing, mind you), it’s also that the story they gave us was downright bad. the idea of bringing Cortana back as a villain/Space -Yoink!- was bad. Having all the AIs suddenly decide “hey, let’s turn evil for no reason without any precedent to this” was even more terrible. And all of this was wrapped together in nonsense that had absolutely no connection to past Halo games.

Exactly. I hope your taking notes 343.

(BTW this could all improve by 50% if they added more campaign missions to fill in on a lot of gaps. Halo 5 might even increase in sales)

> 2533274880633045;2:
> > 2533274900174422;1:
>
>

Drunken Airmen, sir you just made my day, though technically he is a drunken Sailor :wink:

> 2535414041472966;11:
> Halo 5 broke my heart. I only bought an Xbox one because I was so excited for it after Halo 4. I eventually sold after playing it once compared to playing Halo 2 thousand times. Here is why:
>
> 1. Bait: The most badass version of Chief was presented to us wrapped in a Christmas bow. Our freaking hero was supposed to go rogue despite the entire unsc army and Spartan mercenaries hunting him down, but we knew he was doing it for the right reasons, we grew up with him and always wanted to see him make his own choices anf stand up for what he really believed in. Instead we got him just saying " No".
>
> 2. The “Villian”: Cortana??? Seriously!! Who asked for her??? We spent the last 4 games seeing her say bye and then come back. Out of the entire universe you came up with Cortana being the Villian??

True that about cortana coming back over and over ha

It’s not so much about the plot, as it is the execution.