Was Halo 4 the start of Halo's Downfall?

Many people claim that 343 Industries have ruined the Halo Franchise, but has it really? Well, in my opinion, 343 did change a lot of things, but also improved it in some ways too.

What’s your opinion?

• Razzula,
    Leader of Panshee

I don’t think Halo 4 was the start. It began with Reach with the armor abilities and such. Now, Reach is still a great game and was the last game I truly could play for long periods of time and not get bored. But, Halo 4 is what sealed the deal and really sent Halo on a downward spiral in terms on Multiplayer. Halo 3 had the formula down, they just needed to expand it slightly. Instead they changed it all.

I believe halo 4 was the downfall, like what they wanted was not something fans were to comfortable with and instead of going off the cliffhanger they left they went into a whole new Direction, I believe the story is currently causing halo’s downfall, multiplayer was made part of the story which was kinda of an insult, and the fact they seemingly keep taking things away, I.e : Firefight, Invasion, Elites, and changing guns that never needed changing, preorder bonuses is was all just dumb.

So far, I am enjoying Halo 4’s campaign (yes, I am very far behind on this), but I will say that it was Halo: Reach that started the path to where the series is now, gameplay-wise. Reach technically was the one that started up the armor abilities and so forth. I wasn’t very impressed with that game, and I thought I’d feel the same way about H4, since I was very nervous about 343i taking control of the franchise, but so far it’s not as bad as I expected (minus a few EU references, as I didn’t know about the S-IVs before playing the game…). H5 though sounds god-awful in the writing/story-telling department.

Halo 4 wasn’t techincally the downfall of Halo, it really started with Halo Reach because they added in armor abilities & such. But Halo Reach was that fair game that you could play for hours & not get bored. It was so well done in some ways & I played it for hours non stop unless I had school or other stuff to attend. Halo 4 was only trying to change the multiplayer formula, in my opinion H3 had the best formula of multiplayer & had it down really good. But I would have to say that Halo 4 was actually the second Halo title of its downfall, but at least its still alive than most other games(cod for example is dead already).

Yes, I agree, H4 was the decline of Halo, making it less Sci Fi and more Sci Fantasy. Less edge of the seat moments too. But them messing with Cortana made me mad so… ya know. Not exactly unbiased here.

EDIT: Didn’t realize I already posted in this thread! :frowning:

I don’t think so.
But many people say that Sprint on H4 was the worst thing. Well, newsflash: Halo Reach had Sprint before Halo 4 ¬¬

Bungie leaving was the downfall

Halo 5 was the downfall, based on what people have said about it. Halo 4 was the BEST game in the entire series. So y’all can get over your 343phobia or Bungielessnessphobia and join the party any time you want.

> 2535435171012719;10:
> Halo 5 was the downfall, based on what people have said about it. Halo 4 was the BEST game in the entire series. So y’all can get over your 343phobia or Bungielessnessphobia and join the party any time you want.

H4 is a great game, miles ahead of H5 since it’s bug are more apparent than the gameplay.

There was no downfall of Halo. Each new installment to the franchise has been criticized, even (especially) Halo 2. Halo’s population used to be so high because it basically had a monopoly on console shooters, but nowadays there’s plenty to choose from.

Until the day comes that the population of Halo’s community has dropped so sharply that we cannot consistently find a matchmade game on any title, and the forums become a ghost town, I don’t think we can say that Halo has had a downfall.

> 2533274883991029;1:
> Many people claim that 343 Industries have ruined the Halo Franchise, but has it really? Well, in my opinion, 343 did change a lot of things, but also improved it in some ways too.
>
> What’s your opinion?
>
> - razzula,
> Leader of Panshee

I think 343 industries have done a great job with halo 4 and 5 so I think halo 6 will be great

Downfall or Rebirth? Because Halo changed the minute 343i took over. The Halo we see now is what they revived, since Bungie couldn’t make them anymore.
There better be a spinoff to Halo after this, because I’m sure as heck not gonna want to deal with Halo 7, 8, or 9, or even the Master Chief after this.
343i, it would mean the world to us if you focus on prequels instead of sequels. That is what will save this franchise.

Definitely. They made plenty of mistakes in Halo 4. They fixed none of them, but actually made even more mistakes in Halo 5.

> 2533274903406057;11:
> > 2535435171012719;10:
> > Halo 5 was the downfall, based on what people have said about it. Halo 4 was the BEST game in the entire series. So y’all can get over your 343phobia or Bungielessnessphobia and join the party any time you want.
>
>
> H4 is a great game, miles ahead of H5 since it’s bug are more apparent than the gameplay.

oh no no no no and no. Halo 5 I can at least tolerate, Halo 4 is so bad I’d rather play Advanced Warfare

Halo 3 was the peak.
Reach sent it down hill.
4 continued it going down hill.
MCC didn’t fix much
Halo 5 Beta stopped the downhill
Halo 5 making it uphill.

Now I have to ask: How may here are defining their opinion of Halo 4 on multiplayer aspects, and how many on the Campaign…? Because that really can be subjective.

> 2533274883991029;1:
> Many people claim that 343 Industries have ruined the Halo Franchise, but has it really? Well, in my opinion, 343 did change a lot of things, but also improved it in some ways too.
>
> What’s your opinion?
>
> - razzula,
> Leader of Panshee

They’ve done more harm than good.

Halo 4 was the start of a new trilogy. It’s not bad. The multiplayer was a bit too casual, but most of it was fine. The story was interesting and gave us a lot of new insight into Forerunners. Spartan Ops were fun and added some Co-op value. People just have trouble seeing a loved series change parents.