Was Halo 4 originally an Xbox One title?

So I’ve been thinking about this, was Halo 4 originally for the Xbox One and instead rushed onto Xbox 360 or was it just made for Xbox 360?

I’m guessing it was originally meant for Xbox One.

Looks like it was.

The Xbox 360 has a larger amount of users - Halo 4 being a launch title would have brought numbers down drastically, especially if it wasn’t cross-platform.

I wonder why exactly why they had it pushed it to 360 in 2012.

> Looks like it was.
>
> The Xbox 360 has a larger amount of users - Halo 4 being a launch title would have brought numbers down drastically, especially if it wasn’t cross-platform.

I’ve been looking forever for that article, thanks!

Halo 4 is only about half done in the first place.
Nothing against 343, they just sort of ripped some vehicle renders from Reach, and most of the gametypes weren’t implemented as well as they could’ve been.

If they had a year or two more to work on H4 it probably would have turned out A LOT different.

> I wonder why exactly why they had it pushed it to 360 in 2012.

Because the Xbox 360 install base was a lot larger than what the Xbox One would have been at launch.

Sales pretty much.

I can only imagine how different the game would have been if it was an Xbox One exclusive.

> I can only imagine how different the game would have been if it was an Xbox One exclusive.

I doubt it would have been that different, but given a extra year of development, who knows? More gametypes? A longer campaign? More levels of detail?

> > I can only imagine how different the game would have been if it was an Xbox One exclusive.
>
> I doubt it would have been that different, but given a extra year of development, who knows? More gametypes? A longer campaign? More levels of detail?

Defense spires in Shutdown may have actually given you trouble like Cortana claimed they did.

> I can only imagine how different the game would have been if it was an Xbox One exclusive.

A lot more polish and hopefully a little more balancing - if we had the attitude of 343 Industries when they decided to do the Turbo update while still in development, it would have played so much better.

I’m glad it wasn’t, may of left a bad taste in alot of peoples mouths.