Was guilty spark tripping out?

He talked to Master Chief as if he was the ISO didact himself in Halo 1 and 3. Why would he even think Chief was the didact? Was he tripping out? Was Chief already imprinted beforehand and then imprinted AGAIN by the librarian in Halo 4? Is Master Chief considered a god now? Halo 6 better be AMAZING! Some many questions I love how deep this story gets. Someone please shed some light over here

Guilty spark was rampent.

In the terminal video we see him scanning the ship and recording recent Human history. I don’t know why he would have thought Chief was a Forerunner.

I’m sure Bungie meant Forerunners to be Humans, but 343i hasn’t really addressed this confusion on his part.

> 2591580321307319;3:
> In the terminal video we see him scanning the ship and recording recent Human history. I don’t know why he would have thought Chief was a Forerunner.
>
> I’m sure Bungie meant Forerunners to be Humans, but 343i hasn’t really addressed this confusion on his part.

Actually, Bungie didn’t think too deeply about the Forerunners until Halo 3’s IRIS campaign and terminals(which Frank O’ Conner was largely instrumental in writing). Of course, Frank O’ Conner was also a part of Halo 4’s development, so 343’s interpretation has complete merit. Before Halo 3, Bungie had ideas, but nothing solid. (Just like the Flood was originally intended to be just a space-virus created by the Forerunners, the Forerunners were originally to be Human.)

To answer @OP’s question, there has been theory that the Master Chief has the geas(basically a personality imprinted into his DNA) of Bornsteller, who was the Iso-Didact, who activated the original Halos. 343 Guilty Spark was created from the mind of his friend, Chakas. In time 343 Guilty Spark mostly forgot about all of that(as the Monitors were programmed to forget shortly after taking their position on each of their rings). His actions in Halo CE-3 are both a combination of rampancy(brought on by prolonged isolation on his ring) and the geas the Master Chief supposedly has.

> 2533274844984484;2:
> Guilty spark was rampent.

He was only fully rampant in the end of halo 3

> 2533275001622603;5:
> > 2533274844984484;2:
> > Guilty spark was rampent.
>
> He was only fully rampant in the end of halo 3

He was more or less bonkers trough the series but he had his better days. It’s kind of like Alzheimer if you think about it.

Like others have said, the line may originally have had something to do with the Forerunners having been intended to be ancient humans, but with that plotline being long since dropped, a simpler explanation would be Spark was just Rampant and thought the Chief was someone else.

> 2533274824409174;6:
> > 2533275001622603;5:
> > > 2533274844984484;2:
> > > Guilty spark was rampent.
> >
> > He was only fully rampant in the end of halo 3
>
> He was more or less bonkers trough the series but he had his better days. It’s kind of like Alzheimer if you think about it.

Yes, but I was pointing out that he was his absolute worst by the end of halo 3, as he tried to kill the chief over his weapon of mass destruction. His lightbulb literally turned orange during the final fight.

> 2591580321307319;3:
> In the terminal video we see him scanning the ship and recording recent Human history. I don’t know why he would have thought Chief was a Forerunner.
>
> I’m sure Bungie meant Forerunners to be Humans, but 343i hasn’t really addressed this confusion on his part.

Humans were confirmed to be separate from forerunners before the release of halo 3 and the terminals in Halo 3 reinforce this. And before we talk about early intentions remember that the flood were originally consented as ancient humans too.

> 2533274961806222;7:
> Like others have said, the line may originally have had something to do with the Forerunners having been intended to be ancient humans, but with that plotline being long since dropped, a simpler explanation would be Spark was just Rampant and thought the Chief was someone else.

Its important to remember that the way spark addresses chief is not consistent, this reinforces sparks rampancy. He knows Chief is not Bornstellar but at the same time he thinks he is, and will transition between being familiar with him and acting as if they just met.

whether he thinks chief is Bornstellar because of a geas or just because chief reminds him of Bornstellar is hard to say. Also it could just be because Bornstellar was the last “person” he talked to.