Warzone's biggest flaw. (Constructive Post)

All right first off let me say that I love the concept of Warzone I like the multiple objectives present and the amount of variety it offers but If I’m being honest there are a lot of issues that arise from this game mode.One of these issues is the “snow ball” effect and it is very obvious that this a huge problem within warzone.For most of you that don’t know what the snow ball effect is, it’s in more simple terms, when a small advantage gains momentum and turns into a bigger and more powerful advantage over time. (Kinda like how a tiny snowball becomes bigger if you roll it down a hill, hence the name). This is prominent due to the req system currently in place and don’t get me wrong I honestly love the req system as it lets me play to my liking and it adds a ton of variety compared to most other game types but the system currently in place is broken due to this snowball effect. This effect has the possibility to manifest due to ONE player. As one player gains req lvls due to boss kills, spartan kills, or base captures he begins to gain more powrful req items. He then uses those req items to gain even more req items via the same methods, then he does this again … and again … and again. If that said person was more of a team player then the snowball effect would gain momentum much more rapidly and with much more negative consequences for the opposing team. Let’s say that the player spawns with a powerful req item, he then uses that req item to capture a enemy base (keep in mind this player is also fighting off spartans at the same time which also increases req level) , this not only greatly increase his req level but also moderately increases his teammates req level even if they had nothing to do with said base capture. This then allows teammates to feed off of other players accomplishments even though they are providing little to no help with the objectives. These “leeches” are rewarded with more powerful armaments as where the opposing team not only just lost base but they are now also punished for losing that base due to the fact that they will have to travel longer distances to reach enemy bosses or capture enemy bases. This then increases the probability of death for the opposing team as they will have less weaponary and more distance to travel.There are several methods to solve or decrease this issue from occuring but many of these methods bring up other problems1) “Blue Shell” approach
This method derives from the blue shell in Mario Kart where the players closest to the bottom gain advantages to more so balance the disadvantages they have. This method can be implemented through several ways. One way being by giving some sort of buff to the losing team when all bases are captured wether that be speed boost(to minimize the punishiment of traveling) or higher req recharge (to minimize the punishment of not being able to reach objectives in time i.e bosses) or both. Another way to implement this would be to give the losing team minor advantages if the score is a certain point difference. I really am not sure about the blue shell approach as it can cause a few more problems but it’s just an idea.

2)Teamwork/ Individual approach
This can go to ways but they both tend to minimize the snowball effect. Players should either be rewarded for teamwork via capturing bases and killing bosses (not spartan kills) or for individual work ( to remove the leeches). I believe the individual approach would work best but I feel 343 would like to promote teamwork rather than lone wolfing.

3)Communist approach
This is a more controversial method but I believe this would be the best one. This method will give everybody the same req levels no matter how good or bad a team does. This can be done by syncing up the req level to the time in a warzone match. (Req level 2 at 1 min, req level 3 at 2min and 30s etc…) This will not only eliminate the snowball effect but also cause player to think more about what to use considering that they are gaining req as fast as everyone else.(A player might spawn with a spartan laser since THEY KNOW the enemy team can spawn with a wraith, ghost ultra ect). Honestly I want to see this implemented as not only would this seem more fair but it will also make warzone a bit more competitive while still keeping the social aspect intact.

4)Limit The Fireteam Size
Although this wouldn’t stop the SB effect completely it will help reduce its effectiveness and it would also be a counter measure to those, shall we say …“mean” company’s (You guys know who you are).

By the way this post was inspired by the following vid.

This guy is a great youtuber and his vid got me thinking. Watch the video if you want a bit more in depth info.

What do you guys think? Do you think warzone is fine as it is? Which method is your favorite? Any other methods you could think of?

I think that warzone is mostly fine.
I do however think that spartan kills should be worth less.
Also, I would like to see an option for surrender… maby only if you are loosing by over 500.
nice post though.

> 2535460752631391;2:
> I think that warzone is mostly fine.
> I do however think that spartan kills should be worth less.
> Also, I would like to see an option for surrender… maby only if you are loosing by over 500.
> nice post though.

Hey, opinions vary. Although I do think warzone is alright…kinda, I know this game type could be a hell of a lot better. I fell like 343 couldve made warzone more complex and unique(Diffrent bases, bosses, a.i that move from their spwan point etc) but instead they gave us the barebones of it. Hopefully in the future installments we can get something like this because as of right now Invasion(from halo reach) was a lot more fun than warzone.

This is true. However. This occurs on both sides. Both sides keep gaining req levels. Unless one team is just terrible, this usually doesn’t happen.

> 2533274867266391;3:
> > 2535460752631391;2:
> > I think that warzone is mostly fine.
> > I do however think that spartan kills should be worth less.
> > Also, I would like to see an option for surrender… maby only if you are loosing by over 500.
> > nice post though.
>
>
> Hey, opinions vary. Although I do think warzone is alright…kinda, I know this game type could be a hell of a lot better. I fell like 343 couldve made warzone more complex and unique(Diffrent bases, bosses, a.i that move from their spwan point etc) but instead they gave us the barebones of it. Hopefully in the future installments we can get something like this because as of right now Invasion(from halo reach) was a lot more fun than warzone.

I’m not trying to defend 343 or anything I’m just saying to point it out that warzone was a newer concept and was in the development since halo 4 so if it seems like its barebones and not vary between maps its probably because they just went with a single formula instead of making them each unique. But I do agree with you that hopefully with newer updates and future games that it will become more unique between each maps.

My biggest beef with war zone is the lack of a skill matching system in place if there is one it definitely does not work most of the time and I wish they would Implement like they did back in the days of Halo 3 where teams vs teams for example if you were in a party of five going into big team there is a good chance that you were going to find another party of five or higher than the rest of your team might be some random things just to fill in some of the spaces but I love that system.

> 2535445579415244;4:
> This is true. However. This occurs on both sides. Both sides keep gaining req levels. Unless one team is just terrible, this usually doesn’t happen.

Yes this does occur on both sides but when the scale is tipped just a bit then this could lead to problems because one side will start to gain more and more advantages while the other side either stays the same or barely improves.

> 2537966040027981;6:
> My biggest beef with war zone is the lack of a skill matching system in place if there is one it definitely does not work most of the time and I wish they would Implement like they did back in the days of Halo 3 where teams vs teams for example if you were in a party of five going into big team there is a good chance that you were going to find another party of five or higher than the rest of your team might be some random things just to fill in some of the spaces but I love that system.

Thats another issue with warzone, its supposed to be a social gametype (Hence the lack of matchmaking) but that is were all the tryhards go to get more kills and farm to get Achilles.

I’m sorry but I do not agree with any of this.
There are some great weapons available at lower req levels so I don’t feel like one team having a higher req level at a point is that big a deal. (I.e. whiplash & ghost ultras)
Also, at a certain point during the game both teams will have the same req level as well.
I am also TOTALLY against giving any advantages to a losing team.

I do appreciate the constructive post though.

> 2533274867266391;8:
> > 2537966040027981;6:
> > My biggest beef with war zone is the lack of a skill matching system in place if there is one it definitely does not work most of the time and I wish they would Implement like they did back in the days of Halo 3 where teams vs teams for example if you were in a party of five going into big team there is a good chance that you were going to find another party of five or higher than the rest of your team might be some random things just to fill in some of the spaces but I love that system.
>
>
> Thats another issue with warzone, its supposed to be a social gametype (Hence the lack of matchmaking) but that is were all the tryhards go to get more kills and farm to get Achilles.

And I’m one of those guys that likes the win a lot but when my team is total garbage compared to the other team something needs to happen I’m not saying warzone should have a rank playlist but I’m saying that there needs to be a skill matching system that is behind the scenes that helps make matches more equal all social playlist needs a skill matching system that lies underneath or it will be just these one-sided games of people abusing the system like it’s some of the best players you ever known and go into a social playlist in completely wreck every single game I’ve seen people win 20 straight Warzone games in a row that should be unheard of butt if you get a team together that is it’s like the wins are handed to you you shouldn’t have to play in a team to enjoy any social playlist or ranked playlist skill matching system is a big issue in my book for this game.

> 2533274833569045;9:
> I’m sorry but I do not agree with any of this.
> There are some great weapons available at lower req levels so I don’t feel like one team having a higher req level at a point is that big a deal. (I.e. whiplash & ghost ultras)
> Also, at a certain point during the game both teams will have the same req level as well.
> I am also TOTALLY against giving any advantages to a losing team.
>
> I do appreciate the constructive post though.

Some of those great weapons cant compete with higher tier weapons and vehicles such snipers, tanks, and banshees etc. I mean yeah a lvl 1-5 req can compete with a higher tier req but only under certain conditions. And these conditions are hard to reach in some occasions. For example say someone has a sniper, you spawn in with a the whiplash, you try to kill the sniper but he headshots you(The only way you would have a chance at killing him is if he doesnt see you, he has a bad aim, etc). Or you spawn in with a ghost ultra, the enemy team has a banshee or a tank, how exactly are you supposed to compete with that…I mean sure a smart person would try to avoid those vehicles but I cant give everybody the benefit of the doubt. It is very difficult to compete with higher tier weapons when everybody on your team has mid to low tier reqs because although you have some items that can sort of compete they have 10 more items that give them the upper hand in gun/vehicle fights. And again I cant give everybody the benefit of the doubt, I know most of my teammates dont think everything through most people play to kill as where some people such as myself play to have fun and win. Constantly dying trying to escape my home base is not fun … and that doesnt lead to victory.

The biggest problem is there are only 3 bases. A team that captured Spire, Garage, Monument, or Fortress most likely win and dominate another easily. There should be more bases.