Warzone's 2nd Game Mode Details - Invasion 2.0

Over on NeoGAF SalientOne (Josh Holmes) went to discuss the 2nd game mode featured within Warzone.

Here’s a link to the original post

> A Base Assault attack/defend scenario in which one team is attempting to defend each base on a map and the other is pressing to capture the base and push them back in timed phases. The defenders are attempting to hold the base until time runs out. As the attackers manage to capture each base, they force the defenders back and extend time until they are assaulting the Home Base of the defending team and trying to destroy their core. This variant focuses solely on PvP without AI adversaries.

Based on this description it seems like this will be a one-sided objective with multiple phases extremely similar to Invasion from Halo Reach. This mode will also not be including any AI so it will be focusing entirely on 12v12 spartan combat.

Personally I can’t wait to see this mode in action, and if it is indeed a spiritual successor to Invasion then I might even enjoy it more than the one showed at E3 because I love the more asymmetrical gametypes.

I sort of expected there to be several modes of play for Warzone.

> 2533274818084099;2:
> I sort of expected there to be several modes of play for Warzone.

Same here. I think maybe it would be like big team battle without AI and invasion too.

Seems kind of strange to completely remove AIs from this game mod when they were one of the big selling points for Warzone.

Sounds like a mode such as Rush in Battlefield. That would be awesome. I love that mode.

> 2533274825160595;4:
> Seems kind of strange to completely remove AIs from this game mod when they were one of the big selling points for Warzone.

I think this gametype is going to be much more focused on attacking/defending the base so I don’t think it’d make as much sense to have AI bosses randomly around the map.

Yea warzone is to big and has way to much hype for them to have just one gamemode.

Invasion 2.0? That’s. Freaking. AWESOME.

I loved Invasion in Halo: Reach, and I imagine this similar game will be very interesting. It’s a shame we can’t forge on it, but I’ll take what I can get.

> 2533274850524527;6:
> > 2533274825160595;4:
> > Seems kind of strange to completely remove AIs from this game mod when they were one of the big selling points for Warzone.
>
>
> I think this gametype is going to be much more focused on attacking/defending the base so I don’t think it’d make as much sense to have AI bosses randomly around the map.

Well, if the defending team had AI helping them out and the attacking team had some help that would be cool, but I think it’ll be fun anyways.

Holy crap that does sound like invasion!!! I freaking love invasion!!! But I’m skeptical because this is 343 where everything sounds great until you see the “additions” that get made:( o well this is good news regardless. I was playing reach last night because invasion is amazing!

Nice find. I’m hyped for invasion 2.0

> 2533274812934418;10:
> Holy crap that does sound like invasion!!! I freaking love invasion!!! But I’m skeptical because this is 343 where everything sounds great until you see the “additions” that get made:( o well this is good news regardless. I was playing reach last night because invasion is amazing!

yea I wonder how this mode will work in with REQs and vehicles.

No Elites? No thanks.

> 2533274931637595;13:
> No Elites? No thanks.

Better than not having invasion back, whereas now they have instituted something for it’s fans.

That’s funny, 343i originally said that Invasion would not be returning for Halo 5, but this sounds a lot like Invasion 2.0 to me. Either way I’m stoked.

Oh -Yoink- the -Yoink- yes!

> 2603643534586909;15:
> That’s funny, 343i originally said that Invasion would not be returning for Halo 5, but this sounds a lot like Invasion 2.0 to me. Either way I’m stoked.

I think this is more of a spiritual succsessor to invasion so it’ll probably be called something else.

> 2533274850524527;6:
> > 2533274825160595;4:
> > Seems kind of strange to completely remove AIs from this game mod when they were one of the big selling points for Warzone.
>
>
> I think this gametype is going to be much more focused on attacking/defending the base so I don’t think it’d make as much sense to have AI bosses randomly around the map.

Well, they could let AI spawn as friendlies, and then allow players to take command over them. Which in turn would enable the players to use the commands present in the Campaign.

This variant sounds great. I’m sure I’ll be playing both.

Does anyone know if requisitions will work the same in this type of warzone or will the weapons be on the map?

> 2533274804597910;19:
> This variant sounds great. I’m sure I’ll be playing both.
>
> Does anyone know if requisitions will work the same in this type of warzone or will the weapons be on the map?

anyone know?