Warzone - Why is everyone so unattentive?

I sincerely don’t understand why everyone is so unattentive. I defend repeatedly West Armory on March and no one helps. That’s fine. But then the enemy rolls out a full on siege: warthogs, wraiths, ghosts, the works. And yet none of my team leaves fortress to come help. They just let it get steamrolled. Why is everyone so unattentive? Are they really that ignorant or do they just not care?

more than likely they’re just not aware that their base does not have sufficient support to keep it from being capped. this is where communication would be useful.

Suffered a heart breaking loss earlier cuz my team wanted to become an assembly line of free kills for the enemy within the last 10 seconds. It’ll be a long time before I play Warzone again.

The base markers disappear if you’re too far away, and there’s no voice alert that your base is under attack. Your teams was most likely on the other side of the map thinking “gosh, I can’t find ANYONE to kill…”

In Warzone, it doesn’t always show all the base capture status’. You’re lucky if your HUD will display 2 of the 3. Alot of times they are taking a first capture base while 10/12 are in the fortress/spire. If they do notice, alot likely assume the others will take care of it. Find a website to find a team of 12. Seems to be alot smoother that way.

Spartan 1: Huh… Looks like the East Armory is under attack again.
Spartan 2: No kidding? Ah well, who cares. Let everyone else deal with it. Besides, we just captured the Fortress. The rest of the reds could be plotting to take it over. We need to stay back and prepare for an enemy ambush.
Proceeds to REQ Station and gets a shotgun
Spartan 1: Yeah, you’re probably right. You may need help defending the Fortress from an assault. These Marines can’t do nothin, amirite?
Marine stares at him for a second, then just turns away shaking his head
Spartan 1: Besides, I’m sure the rest of our team can handle it.
9 Friendly Spartans can be seen in the background spawning into the Fortress and rushes the Opposite Armory, many getting shot in the head by a sniper on the way out the door
Spartan 2: Exactly, I’m sure they are all over there, destroying all those vehicles, and taking our armory back right now…
Palmer announces Enemy Capt’ East Armory
Spartan 2: That is depressing. I thought our team could actually do something.
2 Enemies come in and shoot both Spartans, only to be instantly killed by the OP marines
Spartan 2: You see that? That is why we stay here. So we can protect our new Fortress. The Marines need our help. Had it not been for us, we would’ve lost this place long ago.
Marine stares at him for a second, then drops his gun and walks away
Spartan 1: I do like your way of thinkin’

> 2533274808132968;2:
> more than likely they’re just not aware that their base does not have sufficient support to keep it from being capped. this is where communication would be useful.

I agree, That has been my experience as well. I will rush toward the base under attack and it is sad to see your team mates actually running the other way.

There is a lot going on in a warzone match. If I need 5 kills with a certain weapon to finish the commendation, looking to kill a certain boss, etc that’s my goal 100% for that match. Maybe I am on a ghost heading over to that elite that no one ever seems to kill. I know that makes a bad teammate, but after several hundred rounds of warzone on the same 4 maps, sometimes I have other goals in mind other than just getting the overall victory.

Also if it’s the armory nearest the enemies core, that’s the hardest one to hold and the last one I usually go for. I’ll harass the enemy there, but trying to hold it if they have the fortress can tie up your team, which means you aren’t getting boss kills. In my opinion if you can get the fortress and your armory, it’s no big deal if they have their armory. You have map control and should be able to win via points off the bosses.

I know the icon fades with distance, but people just don’t keep their heads on a swivel, like me. If it’s been more than 30 seconds since I last looked at the base, I’ll run back and make sure it’s still secure. I don’t understand why nobody else does the same. And if they do, I haven’t seen them. My teams are always terrible. Once in a blue moon I’ll get the team that just completely steamrolls the other, which is fun, but I enjoy a little competition.

> 2533274800056399;1:
> I sincerely don’t understand why everyone is so unattentive. I defend repeatedly West Armory on March and no one helps. That’s fine. But then the enemy rolls out a full on siege: warthogs, wraiths, ghosts, the works. And yet none of my team leaves fortress to come help. They just let it get steamrolled. Why is everyone so unattentive? Are they really that ignorant or do they just not care?

Yup, some people are just bad. Many times, I capture something by myself or with like only one other person.

I’m always on a bad team on Battle of Noctus. Everyone always goes for the monument and doesn’t go for a garage until the other team has everything. The easiest way to when is Capturing both garages.

Because Warzone is too unfocused and no one gives a -Yoink- while playing it, hence my belief that Invasion was infinitely superior.

The big issue is nobody communicates anymore or everyone’s in a private party.

You can talk you head off in Warzone, but if no one is going to listen, then what’s the point? (What? I’m not cynical.)

Warzone has some small-ish problems that will probably never be fixed because it’s “working as intended” or whatever. The HUD display should show base control more clearly on it. It shows you how many bases your team has next to your score, but not if they are under attack or which ones. If all they did was add a pop-up under your health bar that showed which of your bases was under attack and how far along the enemy was in capturing it, it would be an improvement. Nothing too invasive, but obvious enough that you couldn’t accidentally ignore it. Also, adding a compass ring to the motion tracker would be nice. Noctus is a circle, and I get my -Yoink- backwards sometimes.

And Palmer doesn’t announce things sometimes. Smaller bosses used to be announced (Covert Major on Stormbreak for example) but now they aren’t. I don’t know if this was a stealth update (which is -Yoink-, I really wish they wouldn’t do those if they are, but splinter grenades also seem to have been stealth nerfed so I’m suspicious) or if it’s a glitch.

But even with all of that, you end up with teams that are full of people who are using Warzone as a way to goof off or grief their teammates (without risking betrayal boots) instead of doing so in a custom game.

Theres also tunnel vision. there are multiple times when i see a boss and we are fine and as soon as i begin to engage we start losing a base. Tunnel vision insues and i focus on the npc boss over the base because i dont want to run to the other side of the map and arrive to an either lossed base or a base already successfully defended then hear that said enemy boss i was gonna engage was stolen by enemy. But thats just me and at these specific times. ill go defend a base being stolen but im more worried about bosses so i mostly focus those the majority of the game (mainly for commendation reasons)

> 2533274800056399;1:
> I sincerely don’t understand why everyone is so unattentive. I defend repeatedly West Armory on March and no one helps. That’s fine. But then the enemy rolls out a full on siege: warthogs, wraiths, ghosts, the works. And yet none of my team leaves fortress to come help. They just let it get steamrolled. Why is everyone so unattentive? Are they really that ignorant or do they just not care?

Probably the same reason you were inattentive in English Class.

Bad word-play aside, Warzone requires communication to be an effective team, and of course we’re in the age of matchmaking cliques where everyone who isn’t in a Party is silent.

> 2533275007059966;6:
> Spartan 1: Huh… Looks like the East Armory is under attack again.
> Spartan 2: No kidding? Ah well, who cares. Let everyone else deal with it. Besides, we just captured the Fortress. The rest of the reds could be plotting to take it over. We need to stay back and prepare for an enemy ambush.
> Proceeds to REQ Station and gets a shotgun
> Spartan 1: Yeah, you’re probably right. You may need help defending the Fortress from an assault. These Marines can’t do nothin, amirite?
> Marine stares at him for a second, then just turns away shaking his head
> Spartan 1: Besides, I’m sure the rest of our team can handle it.
> 9 Friendly Spartans can be seen in the background spawning into the Fortress and rushes the Opposite Armory, many getting shot in the head by a sniper on the way out the door
> Spartan 2: Exactly, I’m sure they are all over there, destroying all those vehicles, and taking our armory back right now…
> Palmer announces Enemy Capt’ East Armory
> Spartan 2: That is depressing. I thought our team could actually do something.
> 2 Enemies come in and shoot both Spartans, only to be instantly killed by the OP marines
> Spartan 2: You see that? That is why we stay here. So we can protect our new Fortress. The Marines need our help. Had it not been for us, we would’ve lost this place long ago.
> Marine stares at him for a second, then drops his gun and walks away
> Spartan 1: I do like your way of thinkin’

When I image what the other spartans are thinking its usually just “duurrrrrrrrrrrr” and stupid laughter

there all grifs

As most other people have said it’s all about communication. Party chat being split from game chat is the biggest issue in my mind.

Personally I think warzone is a cluster yoink. I still dont get what I should be doing, bases or bosses? On march it just seems like everyone battles it out for the fortress, literally every game.

I think most just use warzone for the rp, even if you loose you get a good amount of points. Once people stop caring about winning, then you just get selfish gameplay.