Warzone - Too Many Heavy Vehicles?

Here is a game clip I recorded a few days ago:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Aerogata/video/13537260

It shows my team using three scorpions and a wraith. Before recording my team actually had four scorpions, but one got destroyed. As you may imagine, the enemy team didn’t fare well against this much firepower. This begs the question: should there be a maximum capacity for each vehicle per team?

I say yes. This was rather ridiculous, but I am curious to see your guys’ opinions.

I personally would like to see a limit for heavy vehicles (which at this point, I only consider to be the Wraith & Scorpion) as long as there isn’t a limit for any of the other ones.

As time goes on & more vehicles/variants are added, then the list would have to be revisited to ensure it’s balanced.

Side note but slightly related, I’d also like to see map-specific vehicles (like a Hornet for a map that is full of skyscrapers).

Kinetic rounds from loadout weapons do significant vehicle damage. If everbody had presence of mind to just spray and pray with them, they would all go down quickly without even spending REQ. Plenty of weapons to take them out. Having so many vehicles can actually hinder an assault due to lack of space to maneuver and fewer boots on the ground. I think it balances out. Some teams just don’t know how to cope.

> 2533274830462261;2:
> I personally would like to see a limit for heavy vehicles (which at this point, I only consider to be the Wraith & Scorpion) as long as there isn’t a limit for any of the other ones.
>
> As time goes on & more vehicles/variants are added, then the list would have to be revisited to ensure it’s balanced.
>
> Side note but slightly related, I’d also like to see map-specific vehicles (like a Hornet for a map that is full of skyscrapers).

I was disappointed when I learned that the hornet wouldn’t be in the released version of Halo 5. I really hope they bring it back. I like your idea of map-specific vehicles.

> 2535443674201980;3:
> Kinetic rounds from loadout weapons do significant vehicle damage. If everbody had presence of mind to just spray and pray with them, they would all go down quickly without even spending REQ. Plenty of weapons to take them out. Having so many vehicles can actually hinder an assault due to lack of space to maneuver and fewer boots on the ground. I think it balances out. Some teams just don’t know how to cope.

You make very good points. Unfortunately you don’t always have a team that is capable of coping with the threat and you’re left on your own against an enemy battalion of tanks.

Yeah it really isn’t as hard to take down vehicles in this game. Even heavy vehicles like the scorpion get annihilated if the enemy team just focuses fire using kinetic bolts. In fact, I’m pretty sure the highest level spartan laster kills a low tier scorpion in 1 shot.

> 2533274851326318;6:
> Yeah it really isn’t as hard to take down vehicles in this game. Even heavy vehicles like the scorpion get annihilated if the enemy team just focuses fire using kinetic bolts. In fact, I’m pretty sure the highest level spartan laster kills a low tier scorpion in 1 shot.

I have no doubt that it is possible to defend against four scorpions and a wraith. What I am more concerned about is how long it would take, and how many teammates die before it is actually accomplished. You could lock down an enemy team for a very long time with that many vehicles.

edit

Agreed. That many vehicles creates chaos, creating opportunities to assault a base or the core. Done intelligently, that kind of destructive force is hard to stop. Heavy vehicle’s cannot be left uncontested, otherwise they will destroy you. Played a great assault game once where they must have spawned a total of 4 wraiths and 3 scorpions. Each one got targeted and destroyed immediatly making life easier for everybody. What could have been a disaster turned into an impressive win.

It is really easy to kill tanks, especially when there are multiple of them. A plasma pistol costs 3 and a spartan laser costs like 6 or 7 I think. Also, hijacking is really easy as well.

> 2535443674201980;8:
> Agreed. That many vehicles creates chaos, creating opportunities to assault a base or the core. Done intelligently, that kind of destructive force is hard to stop. Heavy vehicle’s cannot be left uncontested, otherwise they will destroy you. Played a great assault game once where they must have spawned a total of 4 wraiths and 3 scorpions. Each one got targeted and destroyed immediatly making life easier for everybody. What could have been a disaster turned into an impressive win.

The team I played against probably wished that they could do the same.