Warzone Suggestion - Automatic Loadout Swaps

Here’s a TL/DR: Players can pre-equip gear from the Requisition menu at home or lobby menu. Pre-equipping gear means that your Loadout will automatically change to those items on your next spawn when you rank up. Players can pre-equip two weapons from each req level category, and one armor mod, starting from level 5. This pre-equip can be changed around whenever, and the pre-equips will apply to every Warzone game, forever, until the user changes their pre-equip preferences or decides to disable it.

If you have any questions, I went pretty in depth with the full post if your feeling up to a little reading.

^^^ TL/DR included.

Idea: Players can set Loadout options to automatically equip on their next spawn, when they reach the required REQ level.

Example: When I start a Warzone, I use the default gear until level 2. Once I hit level two, I immediately equip a new Assault Rifle. When I hit level 3, I immediately equip a battle rifle. When I hit level 4, I change the battle rifle out for a recon battle rifle, and I change my pistol out for an SMG. When I hit level 5, I equip an armor mod, change out my battle rifle for a low recoil battle rifle, and change my SMG to another variant of battle rifle. When I hit level 6, I swap out the low recoil battle rifle for a projection SMG. When I hit level 7, I keep the projection SMG as a secondary, and equip a recon DMR as primary.

Moral of this story is, I have grown tired of constantly swapping around gear on every single REQ level. I feel it would make life a thousand times easier if we can pre-set what Loadout options we would like to use, once the REQ level is obtained.

I think it would be simple enough to integrate into the game. How I imagine it:

• A simple reorganization of the Loadout screen in the collection tab of Req’s.

• This reorganization would simply categorize weapons into Req level requirements, starting from least to greatest
    Ex: When you go into Assault Rifles, it displays level 1 REQ rifles first, and as you scroll, the REQ level requirements get higher and higher

• When a player selects a weapon, it gains the yellowish-orange tab on the corner, indicating it has been pre-set. Exactly how the game shows you which cosmetic item you’ve selected

• Players can pre-set two weapons from each Req level, and a single armor mod once their REQ level permits the use of the armor mod

• Players will still spawn with the standard magnum and assault rifle.
    Ex: Let’s say I pre-set a standard battle rifle, and a recon assault rifle, both of which are level two reqs. When I reach req level two, I will automatically have my weapons changed to those two weapons, ON MY NEXT RESPAWN. I feel I need to emphasize the “on the next respawn”, because I can already see people shooting the idea down, because they think I’m suggesting to magically acquire a new weapon once a req level up occurs.

• If players do not wish for pre-set load outs to occur automatically, they can simply not use the feature by deselecting weapons in the Loadout section, or never selecting weapons in the first place from the Loadout screen in the req collection menu.

• Also worth stating that if a player doesn’t want a Loadout swap on a particular req level, they can avoid that by not setting any weapons for a particular level. Example, the player wants to carry over their req level 3 gear during their req level 4, but would like to swap gear at req level 5. This player can set pre-sets for both level 3 and 5, but not select anything for level 4. This means when this player hits level 4, they will still have their level 3 gear equipped without any automatic swaps on their next spawn.

• Players can still swap gear freely, exactly like how it is now. All this idea does, is that it automatically swaps gear for you between spawns to pre-selected gear , that way you don’t have to swap it after each and every req level up, every single game.

• If a player has a pre-set that they decide they don’t need mid-match, this player can simply use a req station on the battle field, or the spawn menu to manually swap an item, exactly like how it is now. So pre-sets don’t force users into using the gear they pre-selected, if the user decides the pre-set doesn’t fit the particular match.

I like the idea. I can’t count the number of times I have forgotten to equip an armor mod when level 5 unlocked.

> 2533274818074260;2:
> I like the idea. I can’t count the number of times I have forgotten to equip an armor mod when level 5 unlocked.

Exactly! Or you see you have like a minute and a half left and it’s almost not even worth the hassle of going through all the menues to equip it

I was thinking the exact same thing the other night. This is a wonderful idea.

> 2533275000891502;1:
> Idea: Players can set Loadout options to automatically equip on their next spawn, when they reach the required REQ level.
>
> Example: When I start a Warzone, I use the default gear until level 2. Once I hit level two, I immediately equip a new Assault Rifle. When I hit level 3, I immediately equip a battle rifle.

I agree with this, I don’t know about the rest cause I didn’t read it. (Sorry OP).

I do think it would be so much better if automatically changed the weapon, doesn’t seem to difficult to implement.

> 2535462333594080;5:
> > 2533275000891502;1:
> > Idea: Players can set Loadout options to automatically equip on their next spawn, when they reach the required REQ level.
> >
> > Example: When I start a Warzone, I use the default gear until level 2. Once I hit level two, I immediately equip a new Assault Rifle. When I hit level 3, I immediately equip a battle rifle.
>
>
> I agree with this, I don’t know about the rest cause I didn’t read it. (Sorry OP).
>
> I do think it would be so much better if automatically changed the weapon, doesn’t seem to difficult to implement.

Haha sorry it kinda is a big read.

Here’s a TL/DR: Players can pre-equip gear from the Requisition menu at home or lobby menu. Pre-equipping gear means that your Loadout will automatically change to those items on your next spawn when you rank up. Players can pre-equip two weapons from each req level category, and one armor mod, starting from level 5. This pre-equip can be changed around whenever, and the pre-equips will apply to every Warzone game, forever, until the user changes their pre-equip preferences or decides to disable it.

I didn’t read the big post but the tl;Dr made sense to me. I hate reequipping the same -Yoink- every game

This is a really good idea!

its a good idea.
i think it has 1 problem with it.
there more then 1 Assault Rifle,SMG,DMR and battle rifle that have the same REQ level.
i mean with that all loadout weapons have the same REQ leven witch attachments on.

lets tell i have reach REQ level 2 and i wane use assault rifle with Kinetic Bolts and get a assault rifle with Laser Targeter then i most chance it at the REQ station or when i am death and waiting for respan?

I want that I’m getting so many load out options it’s getting too cluttered to go through quickly often wanting to do multiple changes in each level.

So basically what your suggesting is a system similar to the loadout systems in Halo 4 that is just for Warzone. This is by the best I’ve seen and the only implementation of a preset loadout system that I actually agree with. This would save me those precious five or six extra seconds outside the 8 second respawn timer that I spend rearranging my weapons in assault when I should be attacking or defending the bases.

> 2533274823394867;9:
> its a good idea.
> i think it has 1 problem with it.
> there more then 1 Assault Rifle,SMG,DMR and battle rifle that have the same REQ level.
> i mean with that all loadout weapons have the same REQ leven witch attachments on.
>
> lets tell i have reach REQ level 2 and i wane use assault rifle with Kinetic Bolts and get a assault rifle with Laser Targeter then i most chance it at the REQ station or when i am death and waiting for respan?

Rather than being given a random one of those weapons at that level I think the intent is to select a specific one. So say you want the kinetic bolts AR, you would select that one instead of clicking on the standard AR or the suppressor AR rather than just selecting ARs and being given a random one.

> 2533274867300978;12:
> > 2533274823394867;9:
> > its a good idea.
> > i think it has 1 problem with it.
> > there more then 1 Assault Rifle,SMG,DMR and battle rifle that have the same REQ level.
> > i mean with that all loadout weapons have the same REQ leven witch attachments on.
> >
> > lets tell i have reach REQ level 2 and i wane use assault rifle with Kinetic Bolts and get a assault rifle with Laser Targeter then i most chance it at the REQ station or when i am death and waiting for respan?
>
>
> Rather than being given a random one of those weapons at that level I think the intent is to select a specific one. So say you want the kinetic bolts AR, you would select that one instead of clicking on the standard AR or the suppressor AR rather than just selecting ARs and being given a random one.

Exactly! IceSki hit the nail right on the head. The intent is that players will be able to pre-select any weapon (and variant) of their choice per REQ level. This idea doesn’t change gameplay, or gives anyone any advantage. All it does it make swapping gear easier and time effecient

Lots of people, myself included, almost don’t bother to change gear, because the precious time spent sifting through gear could be spent clutching a base. May it only be seconds, at most. All of those seconds added up really stack quite largely, and also the irritation with constant gear swapping is eliminated.

Agree, a great idea. Hope 343i patch this in soon.

You should go to 343 with this, its a great idea. Then maybe they can focus on certain problems in the Arena. We have this big Req system set-up in Warzone and cant even create a decent spawn point for Arena. A different story, I know.

> 2533275000891502;1:
>
> Here’s a TL/DR: Players can pre-equip gear from the Requisition menu at home or lobby menu. Pre-equipping gear means that your Loadout will automatically change to those items on your next spawn when you rank up. Players can pre-equip two weapons from each req level category, and one armor mod, starting from level 5. This pre-equip can be changed around whenever, and the pre-equips will apply to every Warzone game, forever, until the user changes their pre-equip preferences or decides to disable it.
>
> If you have any questions, I went pretty in depth with the full post if your feeling up to a little reading.
>

>
>
> ^^^ TL/DR included.
>
> Idea: Players can set Loadout options to automatically equip on their next spawn, when they reach the required REQ level.
>
> Example: When I start a Warzone, I use the default gear until level 2. Once I hit level two, I immediately equip a new Assault Rifle. When I hit level 3, I immediately equip a battle rifle. When I hit level 4, I change the battle rifle out for a recon battle rifle, and I change my pistol out for an SMG. When I hit level 5, I equip an armor mod, change out my battle rifle for a low recoil battle rifle, and change my SMG to another variant of battle rifle. When I hit level 6, I swap out the low recoil battle rifle for a projection SMG. When I hit level 7, I keep the projection SMG as a secondary, and equip a recon DMR as primary.
>
> Moral of this story is, I have grown tired of constantly swapping around gear on every single REQ level. I feel it would make life a thousand times easier if we can pre-set what Loadout options we would like to use, once the REQ level is obtained.
>
> I think it would be simple enough to integrate into the game. How I imagine it:
>
> • A simple reorganization of the Loadout screen in the collection tab of Req’s.
> - This reorganization would simply categorize weapons into Req level requirements, starting from least to greatest
> Ex: When you go into Assault Rifles, it displays level 1 REQ rifles first, and as you scroll, the REQ level requirements get higher and higher
>
> • When a player selects a weapon, it gains the yellowish-orange tab on the corner, indicating it has been pre-set. Exactly how the game shows you which cosmetic item you’ve selected
>
> • Players can pre-set two weapons from each Req level, and a single armor mod once their REQ level permits the use of the armor mod
> - Players will still spawn with the standard magnum and assault rifle.
> Ex: Let’s say I pre-set a standard battle rifle, and a recon assault rifle, both of which are level two reqs. When I reach req level two, I will automatically have my weapons changed to those two weapons, ON MY NEXT RESPAWN. I feel I need to emphasize the “on the next respawn”, because I can already see people shooting the idea down, because they think I’m suggesting to magically acquire a new weapon once a req level up occurs.
>
> • If players do not wish for pre-set load outs to occur automatically, they can simply not use the feature by deselecting weapons in the Loadout section, or never selecting weapons in the first place from the Loadout screen in the req collection menu.
>
> • Also worth stating that if a player doesn’t want a Loadout swap on a particular req level, they can avoid that by not setting any weapons for a particular level. Example, the player wants to carry over their req level 3 gear during their req level 4, but would like to swap gear at req level 5. This player can set pre-sets for both level 3 and 5, but not select anything for level 4. This means when this player hits level 4, they will still have their level 3 gear equipped without any automatic swaps on their next spawn.
>
> • Players can still swap gear freely, exactly like how it is now. All this idea does, is that it automatically swaps gear for you between spawns to pre-selected gear , that way you don’t have to swap it after each and every req level up, every single game.
>
> • If a player has a pre-set that they decide they don’t need mid-match, this player can simply use a req station on the battle field, or the spawn menu to manually swap an item, exactly like how it is now. So pre-sets don’t force users into using the gear they pre-selected, if the user decides the pre-set doesn’t fit the particular match.

THIS! a billion times over!

Bump

> 2533275000891502;17:
> Bump

Why… just… why… why did you do non-accidental necropost on your own thread, from 11 months ago? Please just tell me why you remembered this thread from long ago, and bumped it? It is so old.

> 2533274860945165;18:
> > 2533275000891502;17:
> > Bump
>
>
> Why… just… why… why did you do non-accidental necropost on your own thread, from 11 months ago? Please just tell me why you remembered this thread from long ago, and bumped it? It is so old.

Because Halo 4 had preset loadouts. We KNOW 343 can do this. But they refuse to implement it. They want us to waste our time scrolling through 30 AR’s and 30 BR’s and 20 DMR’s. It’s insane that they haven’t made req level presets.

> 2533274800701473;19:
> > 2533274860945165;18:
> > > 2533275000891502;17:
> > > Bump
> >
> >
> > Why… just… why… why did you do non-accidental necropost on your own thread, from 11 months ago? Please just tell me why you remembered this thread from long ago, and bumped it? It is so old.
>
>
> Because Halo 4 had preset loadouts. We KNOW 343 can do this. But they refuse to implement it. They want us to waste our time scrolling through 30 AR’s and 30 BR’s and 20 DMR’s. It’s insane that they haven’t made req level presets.

Or optimized the menus to something like reach were variant stuff was nested