Warzone Solution!

Keep seeing threads saying 343 FIX warzone its all luck!! However the community seems exactly cut in half on this issue. 50% love it the way it is describing how it relies on team work, half your team controlling the other Spartans while the other half attacks the boss in a strategic manner. Than there are 50% who says its all luck with whom ever getting the last shot in gets the kill even if they did relatively no damage to the boss.

Solution

• When boss is at 22% health hide the health bar over head. (thoughts)
  • That at least the team attacking the boss knows it is at low health and can estimate how much damage they are doing, while any stragglers coming in to just clean up have no idea the health except that its at 22% (Therefore not being able to fire everything they have at the last second)

Room for improvement on the idea let me know what you guys think, please pay attention to this thread everyone haha.

UPDATE: Health bar hidden at x % depending on the health/shield of the enemy. (The more health the enemy has the lower the percentage is before hidden)
- changing the amount of points a team gets completely defeats the purpose of the balanced system where a boss could bring you back into a position to win
- if you see a missing health bar its either to late to run over there and get the last shot in, and you wont know when to shoot to steal the kill
"knowing when to shoot to steal a kill is huge, and a single man getting the last shot would have much lower chances of success in this

UPDATE 1.1 keep in mind this solution will also make players who just try to get the last shot more engaged in the fight not knowing where the health is at!
- health bar still disappears permanently after a certain % but also has a (fad away effect.)
-Players that aren’t within “250 ft” ,rough estimate, of the boss will not be able to see the health bar no matter the level until they get closer, reduces motivation to camp in back with snipers

UPDATE 1.2 add in cosmetic damage effect?? not to sure about this one as a add on to what is already in place but it would look cool?lol

Why 22%?

> 2533274796457055;2:
> Why 22%?

haha good question, at first I had 25%… but after thought that seemed like to much, but I also didn’t want to have to little to wear when the health bar was missing the enemy team knew it was time to fire everything they had at the boss. So that’s where 22% came in. Not to much but not to little, the perfect number

both teams will be attacking the boss not just one. If a player was to “steal the kill” he would be at the boss watching it.

> 2533274814235104;4:
> both teams will be attacking the boss not just one. If a player was to “steal the kill” he would be at the boss watching it.

first- if both teams are attacking the boss than its fair game who ever gets the kill deserves it
second- if there is a guy just waiting at least he wont know the exact seconds to fire, and that’s the huge part
(knowing when to shoot to get the last hit is critical for a kill steal, but since that player wont know when to fire it makes the it pointless to just sit there and wait)

Great idea… funny that you chose 22% lol. I’m in the 50% that agreed to that system of whoever get the death blow must earn all the point, but ks is a real thing in warzone, I know it sucks, but the best method without affecting gameplay is hiding the health bar a little like you did. Why not 21%… xD

I don’t think this would change anything at all.

It’s a good idea, I just think most players would wait until the health bar is hidden before attacking the boss. I say get rid of the health bar completely

I love Warzone. By far the most fun Halo mp mode I have ever played. My ONLY complaint is that the boss battles should go by damage points = team points.

The boss has 150 points.
Team A does 120 points of damage and team A gets 120 points added to the score.
Team B does 30 points of damage and team B gets 30 points added to the score.

Someone even mentioned a blue and red bar. Over time the team that empties that red or blue gauge wins the battle and the points. Same principle that I mentioned just better visually for both teams to monitor.

This last second kill stealing shot on a boss is ridiculous. Again it is my ONLY major complaint with Warzone other than not seeing your fireteam a little easier. 343 listens very well to the community so I am sure this is something they can dial in over time.

> 2787272447958470;9:
> I love Warzone. By far the most fun Halo mp mode I have ever played. My ONLY complaint is that the boss battles should go by damage points = team points.
>
> The boss has 150 points.
> Team A does 120 points of damage and team A gets 120 points added to the score.
> Team B does 30 points of damage and team B gets 30 points added to the score.
>
> Someone even mentioned a blue and red bar. Over time the team that empties that red or blue gauge wins the battle and the points. Same principle that I mentioned just better visually for both teams to monitor.
>
> This last second kill stealing shot on a boss is ridiculous. Again it is my ONLY major complaint with Warzone other than not seeing your fireteam a little easier. 343 listens very well to the community so I am sure this is something they can dial in over time.

I love warzone but this damage idea is ridiculous. Guaranteed points for damage make no sense in a game that matches people that have unlocked weapons that do a lot more damage than what people started with. Right now beginners and people with low reqs can still win and be competitive by killing bosses. Damage based takes that away and makes the outcome predetermined by whoever has the best loadouts and reqs and more pay 2 win.

So If i see the health bar from the other side of the map, and all of a sudden I don’t see it anymore? I’ll probably go check because it’s low by then

Just hide the bosses health bar al together. I saw try that before any changes to the scoring system like other threads suggest.

Another solution to Warzone. Add more bosses and make all boss and A.I. spawns random.

I would prefer no health bar at all.

I love this solution. Personally I think it should hide at 33% though.

I also think it wouldn’t be a bad idea to hide the wardens health bar completely, and have his model look more and more beat up as his health goes down.

Think like when an enemy team rolls up in a tank. You don’t know that tanks health, but when it starts smoking and firing, you’ll notice more and more team mates start poking their heads out to fire on that bad boy and finish it off.

It should hide before it reaches a level where one shot from any gun could kill it. Spartan lasers can kill certain bosses from more then 25% health left.

So depending on the boss and its shield/health level would determine the percent at which to hide the health bar.

And for those saying once the health bar disappears you will go check it out, you still don’t know when to shoot to steal the kill and on certain bosses once you notice a missing health bar it would be to late

> 2787272447958470;9:
> I love Warzone. By far the most fun Halo mp mode I have ever played. My ONLY complaint is that the boss battles should go by damage points = team points.
>
> The boss has 150 points.
> Team A does 120 points of damage and team A gets 120 points added to the score.
> Team B does 30 points of damage and team B gets 30 points added to the score.
>
> Someone even mentioned a blue and red bar. Over time the team that empties that red or blue gauge wins the battle and the points. Same principle that I mentioned just better visually for both teams to monitor.
>
> This last second kill stealing shot on a boss is ridiculous. Again it is my ONLY major complaint with Warzone other than not seeing your fireteam a little easier. 343 listens very well to the community so I am sure this is something they can dial in over time.

A think this is a clever idea, the only problem I have with this is it really takes away motivation to get the kill. takes away the thrill of getting the kill.
Plus the way they balanced boss kill bringing you back into the game to try and steal the win would be messed up

Part of the reason I think they need to do this and not change the point system is because of how warzone is balanced, and how one boss kill can be exciting and bring you back into a position to win.

> 2533274834023375;17:
> > 2787272447958470;9:
> > I love Warzone. By far the most fun Halo mp mode I have ever played. My ONLY complaint is that the boss battles should go by damage points = team points.
> >
> > The boss has 150 points.
> > Team A does 120 points of damage and team A gets 120 points added to the score.
> > Team B does 30 points of damage and team B gets 30 points added to the score.
> >
> > Someone even mentioned a blue and red bar. Over time the team that empties that red or blue gauge wins the battle and the points. Same principle that I mentioned just better visually for both teams to monitor.
> >
> > This last second kill stealing shot on a boss is ridiculous. Again it is my ONLY major complaint with Warzone other than not seeing your fireteam a little easier. 343 listens very well to the community so I am sure this is something they can dial in over time.
>
>
> A think this is a clever idea, the only problem I have with this is it really takes away motivation to get the kill. takes away the thrill of getting the kill.
> Plus the way they balanced boss kill bringing you back into the game to try and steal the win would be messed up

The first team that depletes the gauges would still get the kill. If red gauges is down to 1 point and you fire the last bullet on red team, YOU would indeed still get the kill. :slight_smile:

I honestly don’t see how your solution does anything to stop the complaint of boss kill stealing…