WARZONE SCORING IS BROKEN

I really like the overall idea of warzone but there is one element of it that is entirely, stupidly broken. The scoring.

When covenant or prometheans show up you are supposed to go kill them, which lets you move up req levels and proceed in the game…except that’s not how it works. EVERY single time my team has gone after the mobs the exact same thing happens: we whittle it down to nothing and some guy snipes the last 1% of its health from half the map away. Every time. The other team gets the credit, we get nothing. They get more req energy, which lets them get more vehicles and

A simple change is required: the team that does the most damage to the enemy should get the credit for the kill. They should get the bulk of the points. Whoever does the killing blow should get a bonus so we still have a reason to go after them, but as it stands the game is essentially rigged in favour of people who just camp in their bases waiting for someone else to do their dirty work. Then their team spams high end reqs and the match ends in a boring curbstomp. The way warzone is set up unfairly punishes people for trying to play it as intended and incentivises cheap, kill stealing play. And this destroys the competetive balance of the game because sitting half a map away with a sniper rifle waiting for someone else to kill the boss for you requires no skill at all.

Like I said, I love the idea of warzone. But I’m not going to devote hours of gameplay knowing that unless my entire team is dedicated towards cheap, campy play that we will lose every time.

This works the same way as kills in every other scenario. If A is punched by B and shot in the head by C, C gets the kill. If A never exercises, gets heart disease and has a week to live, but gets hit by a bus, the bus gets the kill.

This isn’t going to change

Multiple ways to win, and by that we mean take down legendary bosses or else you’re at an insurmountable deficit.

> 2552709967384648;2:
> This works the same way as kills in every other scenario. If A is punched by B and shot in the head by C, C gets the kill. If A never exercises, gets heart disease and has a week to live, but gets hit by a bus, the bus gets the kill.
>
> This isn’t going to change

What in Christ’s name am I reading?

> 2552709967384648;2:
> This works the same way as kills in every other scenario. If A is punched by B and shot in the head by C, C gets the kill. If A never exercises, gets heart disease and has a week to live, but gets hit by a bus, the bus gets the kill.
>
> This isn’t going to change

That bus gets me every time…

I think the Legendary bosses scoring should be changed. Some kind of blended system…prorate the first 100 points (your team caused 60% of the damage, you get 60 points), and the kill shot gets the bonus 50 points. Or something to that effect.

When both teams are shooting at a low health boss simultaneously it becomes a coin flip, and random determinations for THAT many points isn’t very fun. Especially given the amount of health the legendaries have.

> 2552709967384648;2:
> This works the same way as kills in every other scenario. If A is punched by B and shot in the head by C, C gets the kill. If A never exercises, gets heart disease and has a week to live, but gets hit by a bus, the bus gets the kill.
>
> This isn’t going to change

i think this is true but i think that there should still be a point boost to the team that did the most damage.

> 2533274805497312;5:
> I think the Legendary bosses scoring should be changed. Some kind of blended system…prorate the first 100 points (your team caused 60% of the damage, you get 60 points), and the kill shot gets the bonus 50 points. Or something to that effect.
>
> When both teams are shooting at a low health boss simultaneously it becomes a coin flip, and random determinations for THAT many points isn’t very fun. Especially given the amount of health the legendaries have.

Or one guy on the opposite team sits back with a tank, waiting for you to widdle the health to a small amount and then takes the shot… Yeah, I’ve see it too.

> 2533274805497312;5:
> I think the Legendary bosses scoring should be changed. Some kind of blended system…prorate the first 100 points (your team caused 60% of the damage, you get 60 points), and the kill shot gets the bonus 50 points. Or something to that effect.
>
> When both teams are shooting at a low health boss simultaneously it becomes a coin flip, and random determinations for THAT many points isn’t very fun. Especially given the amount of health the legendaries have.

I like your idea. However, I still feel the person with the killing shot should get a small extra prize for the kill. I propose this as a counter example and I’ll use Warden Eternal for my example. To start hes worth 150vp so lets say red team did 80% of the damage and blue team did 20% along with dealing the killing blow. The scores would be 120 for red team then and 30 for blue, but I would give the team with a killing blow a 5 to 10 point bonus for completing the task so this would augment the scores mildly. Saying the bonus was 10 in this example it would award 110 points to red team and 40 to blue team. Each team gets accredited for their level of work on the boss and help make warzone really feel like a tug of war it was meant to be, rather then the consistent games of extremely one sided scores I’ve seen.

As a note with this bonus in place for the killing blow saying it was even on the low end (5 point bonus) a player must do a minimal amount of damage to get any kind of points for their team (in the example of a 150 point boss it take at least 3.6% of damage to only get them 1 point for their team). I feel this is fair please feel free to tell me what you think.

I love Warzone. By far the most fun Halo mp mode I have ever played. My ONLY complaint is that the boss battles should go by damage points = team points.

The boss has 150 points.
Team A does 120 points of damage and team A gets 120 points added to the score.
Team B does 30 points of damage and team B gets 30 points added to the score.

This last second kill stealing shot on a boss is ridiculous. Again it is my only complaint with Warzone other than not seeing your fireteam a little easier. 343 listens very well to the community so I am sure this is something they can dial in over time.