Warzone problems

Half way through every match I play I get randomly kicked into the warzone lobby screen unable to do anything at all making me restart my game just for it to happen again. Anyone ran into this problem and know what to do?

Most of the time any one-off problems like this can be solved by just waiting for them to clear up themselves, or by completing a cold reset of your Xbox One. To perform a cold reset, hold down the power button (Xbox logo on the front of your console) for 10 seconds.
Additionally, I sometimes find resetting Alternate MAC Address in network settings on your console can make the game a lot more responsive.

If you think this could be server related, there is a thread pinned at the top of the Halo 5 Support Forum (previous page) for discussing server related problems.
You are likely to get more responses from there.
Server Discussion Thread:

> 2533274884447055;2:
> Most of the time any one-off problems like this can be solved by just waiting for them to clear up themselves, or by completing a cold reset of your Xbox One. To perform a cold reset, hold down the power button (Xbox logo on the front of your console) for 10 seconds.
> Additionally, I sometimes find resetting Alternate MAC Address in network settings on your console can make the game a lot more responsive.
>
> If you think this could be server related, there is a thread pinned at the top of the Halo 5 Support Forum (previous page) for discussing server related problems.
> You are likely to get more responses from there.
> Server Discussion Thread:
> https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/server-reports-latency-disconnects-etc/94237e5e-3dba-4a03-b2bd-670defa11329/posts

Thank you. I’m trying the hard reset now along with the mac address reset.