Warzone Point System Analyasis

After watching a good amount of gameplay, I was a little confused about the point system. I think I got it now, but it seems like the best way to get to 1000 points is by focusing on the AI. Specifically going after the Legendary opponent will warrant you hefty reward. I’ve seen around 200 points I believe, just for these AI.

It appears that capturing an armory doesn’t do anything significant for scoring points. I didn’t notice any reward for it, if any, it would be vary minuscule. For example, holding two bases to 1 doesn’t mean you accumulate more points over time. Slaying on the field gives you 1 point per kill? It would require a LOT of slaying, for it to be anything considerable. So coming to a conclusion, I’d say the best ways of winning are getting Legendary takedowns or capturing all bases to go after the core.

If you haven’t all ready, I recommend watching Ready Up Live’s Warzone footage. It best portrays what Warzone is about. If there is something more to the point system that you’ve noticed, please share with me.

My speculation as far as the points go is that the 1000 point goal isn’t going to be the real goal. I think they wanted to make sure the games go to the full 15 minutes at E3 and thusly just set the goal as high as possible. I hope.

I agree with you on the scoring system as far as the best thing a team can do is kill legendary AI to get a lot of points quickly, but the AI don’t seem to spawn all that quickly in the current iteration, or be worth a lot of points.

As far as capturing/controlling bases not getting you points, it kind of makes sense because they are spawn points so controlling many is an immediate benefit to a team. I thought it was weird how they advertised the core destruction as a way for a losing to team to come from behind and win. Seems to me like if the team is losing, they likely will not have the coordination to take control of multiple bases and retain control long enough to destroy the core. Almost seems like a “run-rule” for the winning team to finish off the other team quickly.

Excellent conversation piece, SurgeGavelOfate.

> 2533274821174589;1:
> After watching a good amount of gameplay, I was a little confused about the point system. I think I got it now, but it seems like the best way to get to 1000 points is by focusing on the AI. Specifically going after the Legendary opponent will warrant you hefty reward. I’ve seen around 200 points I believe, just for these AI.
>
> It appears that capturing an armory doesn’t do anything significant for scoring points. I didn’t notice any reward for it, if any, it would be vary minuscule. For example, holding two bases to 1 doesn’t mean you accumulate more points over time. Slaying on the field gives you 1 point per kill? It would require a LOT of slaying, for it to be anything considerable. So coming to a conclusion, I’d say the best ways of winning are getting Legendary takedowns or capturing all bases to go after the core.
>
> If you haven’t all ready, I recommend watching Ready Up Live’s Warzone footage. It best portrays what Warzone is about. If there is something more to the point system that you’ve noticed, please share with me.

Well, you can focus on AI as you please, which nets you from 25 points all the way up to 200. Except, you have to maintain at least 1 of the 3 bases, or your core will be exposed, leaving you to lose when they blow it up.
You get 1? point per kill I think as well, but that’s far more fun to do, to me.

I would agree that the Bosses seem to be the most viable source of big points. The armouries and garage only seem useful for spawning and mid-life REQ-ing. The trickle of points they provide isn’t really effective. I’ve seen games won by teams who have no bases, their core exposed, about half the team barely holding the line back at base camp, and the other half stomping bosses to score the win.
It’ll probably be tweaked, though, given this was a sped-up version.

> 2533274932540799;4:
> I would agree that the Bosses seem to be the most viable source of big points. The armouries and garage only seem useful for spawning and mid-life REQ-ing. The trickle of points they provide isn’t really effective. I’ve seen games won by teams who have no bases, their core exposed, about half the team barely holding the line back at base camp, and the other half stomping bosses to score the win.
> It’ll probably be tweaked, though, given this was a sped-up version.

Given how big these maps will be, I’d expect that capturing all bases will make it very difficult for the opposing team to bounce back, since they shouldn’t be able to spawn near your bases. They would probably be forced spawned somewhere near their core. Can’t wait to see the other maps made for this.