Warzone Mosh Pit: A Free-For-All Warzone variant.

I know what you’re thinking; “Free-For-All Warzone? Are you out of your damn mind?” Perhaps I am, perhaps not… but I really do believe that a Free-For-All Warzone variant would be a lot of fun if they set it up right.

Let’s get down to brass tacks, shall we? It would be called Warzone Mosh Pit; named after the ranked 12-player FFA playlist that appeared once or twice in Halo 3. The maps in Halo 3 were a little too small to handle big FFA games, but Warzone maps are gigantic… maybe just the right size for 12-player, or possibly even 16-player FFA, although I think that might be pushing it…

Anyway, let’s talk about the rules:

1. Scoring and Bosses.
Warzone Mosh Pit goes to 1,000 points, same as regular Warzone. Bosses spawn more frequently and in greater numbers to give all players an equal opportunity at getting their score op… bosses would also have less health. Legendary and Mythic Bosses would not appear in Warzone Mosh Pit!!! IMO, they’re worth too many points and too hard to kill for FFA; seeing as you’d have at least 12 players all trying to kill the same enemy and only one getting the credit for scoring the killing blow, higher-level bosses have a chance to be more frustrating than regular Warzone. So any boss you see in Warzone Mosh Pit would be a Heroic Boss, worth 25 Points, and enough of them spread across the map at one time to ensure that everyone has a fair shot of getting those sweet bonus points.

2. Player Traits.
Player traits should differ from regular Warzone and Arena games. To begin with, Motion Tracker range; the minimum range in Warzone Mosh Pit would be 30m over the 25m in standard Warzone. Sprint would also get an upgrade to that your shields can recharge while Sprinting; keep in mind that Warzone maps are massive and you running across wide open spaces, and you would be all alone with no teammates to watch your back. Being able to get around the map as quickly and efficiently as possible is important, I believe having shield recharge enabled while Sprinting would give you a much-needed improvement to your chances to escape from danger.

3. REQ Restrictions
Your worse fear in Warzone Mosh Pit is probably that one player who has Nornfang and Patrol Case, thus getting an unlimited supply of one-shot sniper rounds with which to terrorize you and your other opponents. Or perhaps you see someone with a Hannibal Mantis and Wheelman who’s too smart and too fast to nail with your Splasers and Rockets, and even after you kill him, he just calls in another one.

To mitigate this potential REQ abuse, I believe that in Warzone Mosh Pit all REQ items of Rare, Ultra-Rare, Legendary, and Mythic quality should be restricted to 1 use per game. In other words, once you purchase a REQ that is of Rare quality or higher, you can’t purchase it again for the rest of the game. This would apply to Power Weapons, Vehicles, and Power-Ups.

There would be no restrictions to Common or Uncommon REQs, Loadout Weapons, or Armor Mods. Go nuts.

4. Respawns and REQ Terminals
For this one, I’m going to need some input; respawn can be handled one of two ways. Either respawns are random like in Warzone Firefight, or you get to select spawns as in normal Warzone… the first problem with the latter is that players would need to be able to select more spawn points to choose from than just the Armor, Garage, Base, Fortress, or what have you… using Escape From A.R.K as an example, addition spawn points could be placed at locations such as the Grotto, Loading Bay, Comm Towers, Mine Shafts, Construction Site, and so on.

The second problem with that is it would be susceptible to abuse, as players could use to spawn right on top of people fighting in those areas. There also might not be enough locations on each map for 12 players to respawn a safe distance from each other. However, one thing is certain; there would absolutely need to be more REQ Terminals throughout each map, like there is in Warzone Firefight.

I think random respawns would present the fewest problems, but let me know what you think.

I don’t see this working to well. For one the games will take forever… map to big for 12 people. And limited rare plus reqs. Trying to cap any base would just be a pain.
Also even in lowest setting teams mostly ingore the bosses. To much work to take em done. So as a solo. No one would bother.
Ffa isn’t a very popular playlist as it is.
I see you put a lot of thought into it tho

I think that would be fun as long as its a 24 player FFA.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

No.

free for all wouldnt work, BUT a normal TDM, without the supid camp spots (bases) would work, just make it like that one halo CE map. i forget the new of it, but there are only TWO bases to spawn at, and the middle is fairly open with cover here and there. that would make warzone amazing

> 2533274827519891;5:
> free for all wouldnt work, BUT a normal TDM, without the supid camp spots (bases) would work, just make it like that one halo CE map. i forget the new of it, but there are only TWO bases to spawn at, and the middle is fairly open with cover here and there. that would make warzone amazing

I actually like this idea more, sorry OP you have a lot of good points and a well thought out game type, but what you are saying would take forever and people would lose interest because FFA in general always feels a little like a nerve wrecking grind, at least to me.

If it was a TDM (maybe with a visibility tracker to limit camping) it would be pretty awesome because it would have an exciting progression to it and it would only take like 10 minutes per game.

The more I think about it 343 should just try it for a weekend playlist with starting at req level 4.

I had the same thought, except fire fight.

I think it might be quite fun and chaotic

would be terrible

> 2533274874616028;2:
> I don’t see this working to well. For one the games will take forever… map to big for 12 people. And limited rare plus reqs. **Trying to cap any base would just be a pain.**Also even in lowest setting teams mostly ingore the bosses. To much work to take em done. So as a solo. No one would bother.
> Ffa isn’t a very popular playlist as it is.
> I see you put a lot of thought into it tho

You wouldn’t be capping bases in FFA. I didn’t think I needed to point that out, since it should’ve been obvious.

> 2533274834952794;9:
> > 2533274874616028;2:
> > I don’t see this working to well. For one the games will take forever… map to big for 12 people. And limited rare plus reqs. **Trying to cap any base would just be a pain.**Also even in lowest setting teams mostly ingore the bosses. To much work to take em done. So as a solo. No one would bother.
> > Ffa isn’t a very popular playlist as it is.
> > I see you put a lot of thought into it tho
>
> You wouldn’t be capping bases in FFA. I didn’t think I needed to point that out, since it should’ve been obvious.

Well with you talking about needing 1000 points. That would take ages then. Since even the bosses at lowest levels take a ton of damage to kill. Even if I solo took down 2 wardens I would still need to kill 500 other people

> 2533274874616028;10:
> > 2533274834952794;9:
> > > 2533274874616028;2:
> > > I don’t see this working to well. For one the games will take forever… map to big for 12 people. And limited rare plus reqs. **Trying to cap any base would just be a pain.**Also even in lowest setting teams mostly ingore the bosses. To much work to take em done. So as a solo. No one would bother.
> > > Ffa isn’t a very popular playlist as it is.
> > > I see you put a lot of thought into it tho
> >
> > You wouldn’t be capping bases in FFA. I didn’t think I needed to point that out, since it should’ve been obvious.
>
> Well with you talking about needing 1000 points. That would take ages then. Since even the bosses at lowest levels take a ton of damage to kill. Even if I solo took down 2 wardens I would still need to kill 500 other people

  1. I said the bosses would have less health to allow for a lone player to easily kill them.
  2. Bosses would spawn more frequently and in greater numbers, allowing for players to easily rack up the points.

You could forge some thing like it.

This is is what I’m thinking but don’t know if forge can do it all. You script individual spawn areas for each player that have weapon pads of each weapon people would choose. Higher req weapons have a longer wait time than lower reqs. You would have multiple ways into the battle field from your spawn location to make it difficult to spawn kill a person exiting their safe zone. You can’t shoot from your spawn location.

Think is be fun but it has some major problems. Req being 1

> 2533274875328566;3:
> I think that would be fun as long as its a 24 player FFA.

Bad idea. 16 players would be pushing it. 24 would be utter chaos. Even Warzone’s maps aren’t big enough t have players spawn a safe distance from each other when there are 24 of them on the map. Chances are it would lead to a lot of spawn-killing… that was the main problem with Halo 3’s Mosh Pit.

> 2533274834952794;14:
> > 2533274875328566;3:
> > I think that would be fun as long as its a 24 player FFA.
>
> Bad idea. 16 players would be pushing it. 24 would be utter chaos. Even Warzone’s maps aren’t big enough t have players spawn a safe distance from each other when there are 24 of them on the map. Chances are it would lead to a lot of spawn-killing… that was the main problem with Halo 3’s Mosh Pit.

Apex 7 is more than big enough same with the rest of them.

The lower boss damage wouldn’t really work too well since then virtually every vehicle could splatter them

The games will take forever but it is a cool idea.

> 2533274875328566;15:
> > 2533274834952794;14:
> > > 2533274875328566;3:
> > > I think that would be fun as long as its a 24 player FFA.
> >
> > Bad idea. 16 players would be pushing it. 24 would be utter chaos. Even Warzone’s maps aren’t big enough t have players spawn a safe distance from each other when there are 24 of them on the map. Chances are it would lead to a lot of spawn-killing… that was the main problem with Halo 3’s Mosh Pit.
>
> Apex 7 is more than big enough same with the rest of them.

I think you’re overestimating the map size.

> 2535406853211642;16:
> The lower boss damage wouldn’t really work too well since then virtually every vehicle could splatter them

You can already splatter most of the low-level bosses. The only ones you can’t splatter are the ones that spawn in vehicles themselves, like the Soldier Bandit and Wraith Officer.

> 2533274834952794;18:
> > 2533274875328566;15:
> > > 2533274834952794;14:
> > > > 2533274875328566;3:
> > > > I think that would be fun as long as its a 24 player FFA.
> > >
> > > Bad idea. 16 players would be pushing it. 24 would be utter chaos. Even Warzone’s maps aren’t big enough t have players spawn a safe distance from each other when there are 24 of them on the map. Chances are it would lead to a lot of spawn-killing… that was the main problem with Halo 3’s Mosh Pit.
> >
> > Apex 7 is more than big enough same with the rest of them.
>
> I think you’re overestimating the map size.
>
>
>
>
> > 2535406853211642;16:
> > The lower boss damage wouldn’t really work too well since then virtually every vehicle could splatter them
>
> You can already splatter most of the low-level bosses. The only ones you can’t splatter are the ones that spawn in vehicles themselves, like the Soldier Bandit and Wraith Officer.

I’m definitely not over estimating Apex 7 its absolutely massive.

I think it could work, but it would take a lot of testing to get it perfect.

Edit: Maybe instead of FFA, do a multi-teams of 3 players with 18 players (6 teams).