Warzone Matchmaking

Ever since yesterday I’ve noticed that Warzone games in general have been hard to find with a full team. When we do find games, it’s almost always been against the same two teams every single time. Surely there has to be more than 24 people playing Warzone or did 343 change up the matchmaking system again to have teams facing teams?

Just to be clear, I have never had issues finding matches before yesterday.

I think it might have to do something with the recently implemented “TrueSkill2” system - the same thing used in Quick Play - into Warzone, which changes up how we match against other players.

> 2535429593088083;2:
> I think it might have to do something with the recently implemented “TrueSkill2” system - the same thing used in Quick Play - into Warzone, which changes up how we match against other players.

TrueSkill2? I have never heard of this, but it definitely sounds like a valid reason for seldom finding matches. Is there anywhere that has information on it? Whatever the reason is, I’m not happy about rarely finding matches.

> 2533274850519091;3:
> > 2535429593088083;2:
> > I think it might have to do something with the recently implemented “TrueSkill2” system - the same thing used in Quick Play - into Warzone, which changes up how we match against other players.
>
> TrueSkill2? I have never heard of this, but it definitely sounds like a valid reason for seldom finding matches. Is there anywhere that has information on it?

Josh Menke (ZaedynFel) put up a post on Twitter and Waypoint regarding this stuff.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/matchmaking-feedback-update-–-april-16/b323fdf5-a1c1-4ae5-915b-66e2c1e21aca/posts?page=6#post104

Enjoy

> 2535429593088083;4:
> > 2533274850519091;3:
> > > 2535429593088083;2:
> > > I think it might have to do something with the recently implemented “TrueSkill2” system - the same thing used in Quick Play - into Warzone, which changes up how we match against other players.
> >
> > TrueSkill2? I have never heard of this, but it definitely sounds like a valid reason for seldom finding matches. Is there anywhere that has information on it?
>
> Josh Menke (ZaedynFel) put up a post on Twitter and Waypoint regarding this stuff.

Thanks for the comments! I’m going to look into this.

It sounds like matchmaking is doing it’s job if it’s having teams face off against teams.

> 2535448706146827;7:
> It sounds like matchmaking is doing it’s job if it’s having teams face off against teams.

Yeah, except there are so few teams searching in Warzone that it takes forever to find matches now and because of that I can maybe play a couple matches every hour. This new system is stupid.

> 2533274850519091;8:
> > 2535448706146827;7:
> > It sounds like matchmaking is doing it’s job if it’s having teams face off against teams.
>
> Yeah, except there are so few teams searching in Warzone that it takes forever to find matches now and because of that I can maybe play a couple matches every hour. This new system is stupid.

No, I’d say this new system is very well smart. It was either this or constant full team quickcoring and farming on solo players.

I honestly think they made the right call on this one.

> 2533274944752684;9:
> > 2533274850519091;8:
> > > 2535448706146827;7:
> > > It sounds like matchmaking is doing it’s job if it’s having teams face off against teams.
> >
> > Yeah, except there are so few teams searching in Warzone that it takes forever to find matches now and because of that I can maybe play a couple matches every hour. This new system is stupid.
>
> No, I’d say this new system is very well smart. It was either this or constant full team quickcoring and farming on solo players.
>
> I honestly think they made the right call on this one.

I guarantee that if you were in my situation you’d see it differently. It must be nice being able to find a match whenever you want because of your record.

> 2533274850519091;10:
> > 2533274944752684;9:
> > > 2533274850519091;8:
> > > > 2535448706146827;7:
> > > > It sounds like matchmaking is doing it’s job if it’s having teams face off against teams.
> > >
> > > Yeah, except there are so few teams searching in Warzone that it takes forever to find matches now and because of that I can maybe play a couple matches every hour. This new system is stupid.
> >
> > No, I’d say this new system is very well smart. It was either this or constant full team quickcoring and farming on solo players.
> >
> > I honestly think they made the right call on this one.
>
> I guarantee that if you were in my situation you’d see it differently. It must be nice being able to find a match whenever you want because of your record.

That’s incredibly easy of you to say. After all, you’re the full-teamer who could actually move from spawn.

I understand that if you don’t farm, you’re unfairly hit by the update. However, with drastic measures like these, collateral damage is inevitable.

> 2533274944752684;11:
> > 2533274850519091;10:
> > > 2533274944752684;9:
> > > > 2533274850519091;8:
> > > > > 2535448706146827;7:
> > > > > It sounds like matchmaking is doing it’s job if it’s having teams face off against teams.
> > > >
> > > > Yeah, except there are so few teams searching in Warzone that it takes forever to find matches now and because of that I can maybe play a couple matches every hour. This new system is stupid.
> > >
> > > No, I’d say this new system is very well smart. It was either this or constant full team quickcoring and farming on solo players.
> > >
> > > I honestly think they made the right call on this one.
> >
> > I guarantee that if you were in my situation you’d see it differently. It must be nice being able to find a match whenever you want because of your record.
>
> That’s incredibly easy of you to say. After all, you’re the full-teamer who could actually move from spawn.
>
> I understand that if you don’t farm, you’re unfairly hit by the update. However, with drastic measures like these, collateral damage is inevitable.

Of course it’s easy of me to say! I’m the one being affected by it whereas I don’t think you have a clue as to how that feels. I didn’t farm, I played the game like it was supposed to be played, I have put more hours into this game than most other people have and yet I am the one getting punished by all of this. I’m done with this conversation. This whole stupid situation is just making my blood boil. 343 is going to lose a very loyal Halo member if they keep doing things like this.

I honestly don’t see the point in adding this now. Population is too low for it. One good thing about it is that I can easily find games as a solo player but playing with my friends is near impossible unless we exploit it

> 2533274850519091;12:
> > 2533274944752684;11:
> > > 2533274850519091;10:
> > > > 2533274944752684;9:
> > > > > 2533274850519091;8:
> > > > > > 2535448706146827;7:
> > > > > > It sounds like matchmaking is doing it’s job if it’s having teams face off against teams.
> > > > >
> > > > > Yeah, except there are so few teams searching in Warzone that it takes forever to find matches now and because of that I can maybe play a couple matches every hour. This new system is stupid.
> > > >
> > > > No, I’d say this new system is very well smart. It was either this or constant full team quickcoring and farming on solo players.
> > > >
> > > > I honestly think they made the right call on this one.
> > >
> > > I guarantee that if you were in my situation you’d see it differently. It must be nice being able to find a match whenever you want because of your record.
> >
> > That’s incredibly easy of you to say. After all, you’re the full-teamer who could actually move from spawn.
> >
> > I understand that if you don’t farm, you’re unfairly hit by the update. However, with drastic measures like these, collateral damage is inevitable.
>
> Of course it’s easy of me to say! I’m the one being affected by it whereas I don’t think you have a clue as to how that feels. I didn’t farm, I played the game like it was supposed to be played, I have put more hours into this game than most other people have and yet I am the one getting punished by all of this. I’m done with this conversation. This whole stupid situation is just making my blood boil. 343 is going to lose a very loyal Halo member if they keep doing things like this.

I don’t expect you to reply to this, you yourself said you were done talking to me. However, this reply was an emotional rampage of fallacies.

On the first point, you said you didn’t farm and put more hours in the game. You use this as grounds to say that this shouldn’t punish you.

Well guess what, buddy? It’s like I said. Full teams are constantly farming, and you happen to be caught in the crossfire. Yes it sucks. The solution? Stop running a full team in a playlist as hyper casual as WZ. It sucks that the system is punishing you and your friends in particular, but it’s nonetheless necessary. The 80% were punished for and by the 10%, and 343 decided to help the majority. There is no other solution.

Also, you managed to make a point and contradict it in same sentence. How are you loyal, and yet willing to bail out just because you can’t REQ spam with a full team against solos? Is that how you roll? Unless you’re perfectly okay and think it’s somehow just that you can basically pubstomp solos with your team of tryhards every single game, you have to realize that this is for the greater good.

I’m extremely late to halo 5 party but really wanna play war zone but I’m having issues with finding games I take it if I’m a solo player it won’t prioritise me in the matchmaking system do I stand better chances if I’m part of a fire team

Please don’t bump old threads.

Thanks!