Warzone Marines

Hello Waypoint community, I would like to begin a conversation about the Marines featured in Warzone.

My biggest question is will we be killing Marines in Warzone? Do we have to kill Marines in order to capture the base the marines are stationed on? I believe I have seen it done in a few videos, but I believe this to have some strange implications both within the canon and the gameplay. Does this mean we may be killing human AI elsewhere in the game? They must have set up hitboxes and aim assist on these marines as well as tweaking their AI, I doubt they would do that for only one gamemode. Killing marines may be foreshadowing of possible campaign levels where we have to kill humans is what I’m driving at.

I have some other thoughts about the canonical implications. It makes sense for Spartans to train against each other in the Wargames simulations, but why are they training to fight and kill marines? Are these real marines also training to learn how to fight alonside the superior spartans? Or are they just AI that is simulated, like the Covenant and Prometheans? I just wonder how that will fit into the canonical multiplayer 343i is trying to foster.

Please discuss anything you want to about the marines featured in Warzone, it fascinates me that we will have friendly AI in multiplayer! So cool!

I don’t know, but I can tell you one thing.
These simulated marines seem to be smarter than the real thing.

Well… Marines => UNSC => Chasing Chief => We play chief. So basically… Yes probably.

> 2533274932540799;2:
> I don’t know, but I can tell you one thing.
> These simulated marines seem to be smarter than the real thing.

Do we know if they are simulated? Could it be possible real marines are training alongside the spartans? It would make sense for both factions to learn how to work with each other. I’m not sure if marines are capable of experiencing the simulations.

> 2533275034239520;3:
> Well… Marines => UNSC => Chasing Chief => We play chief. So basically… Yes probably.

We play as Chief in campaign, not MM. So why would the Spartan IV’s be training to kill marines? Chief doesn’t have his own army of marines as far as I know. Just strikes me as weird is all.

> 2533274803493024;1:
> Hello Waypoint community, I would like to begin a conversation about the Marines featured in Warzone.
>
> My biggest question is will we be killing Marines in Warzone? Yes.
> Do we have to kill Marines in order to capture the base the marines are stationed on? Yep
> I believe I have seen it done in a few videos, but I believe this to have some strange implications both within the canon and the gameplay. It’s a simulation, not actual marines.
> Does this mean we may be killing human AI elsewhere in the game? More than likely with the way the HuntTheTruth played out, I’d assume we will.
> They must have set up hitboxes and aim assist on these marines as well as tweaking their AI, I doubt they would do that for only one gamemode. Agreed, but it will only be Warzone/Campaign. They would never bring them into Arena.
> *Killing marines may be foreshadowing of possible campaign levels where we have to kill humans is what I’m driving at.*Not surprised, and it’s a definite possibility.
>
> I have some other thoughts about the canonical implications. It makes sense for Spartans to train against each other in the Wargames simulations, but why are they training to fight and kill marines? Why wouldn’t they? It’s all simulations.
> Are these real marines also training to learn how to fight alonside the superior spartans? More than likely it’s just marines that are destined for ODST, or something along the lines.
> Or are they just AI that is simulated, like the Covenant and Prometheans? I just wonder how that will fit into the canonical multiplayer 343i is trying to foster. **It’s just an addition to the simulations, I think you’re thinking far too much into this.**Please discuss anything you want to about the marines featured in Warzone, it fascinates me that we will have friendly AI in multiplayer! So cool!