Warzone makes me want to quit

Why is it impossible to have warzone games where some total trollbag doesn’t splatter you or steal the warthog you’re in, laughing about it in voice chat.

this community is growing so toxic and it doesn’t seem like 343 has ANY countermeasures

EDIT: I posted this in rage, not very constructive ahaha

but yeah, as a gaming community we’re better than this
343, you guys really need some sort of internal report system, your Waypoint accounts are already linked to the games themselves, we need a way to report directly TO YOU these kinds of people, possibly send a video via theater mode to prove at least in-game trolling

warzone is a great idea but this community either makes or breaks content, and since you guys want to remove blood from MP thereby trying to force the age bracket down, the fans who’ve been here long term deserve countermeasures for what this entails.

I too have been on Halo since I was a kid, but I was a crap kid, lol.

It’s incredibly discouraging to log into warzone and get stuck with a team that doesn’t care about your points also, so I think you realllly need to find a way around it being so competitive with your teammates

maybe make the rewards better for the winning team and worse for the losing team?

Infinite has a pretty great chance to fix issues, so I hope my feedback is helpful

I agree… WZ has been pretty toxic lately. The low population, getting matched with teams of Champ - Plat with your own teammates constantly spartan charging you, trying to steal weapons and vehicles not much fun anymore. Castle Wars was even worse, teammates constantly running you over with vehicles. I was getting killed more by my own team than the enemy team.

Agree all round. I would say don’t let the -Yoinks!- get to you
Forming a fireteam with other like minded players can help - along with learning to dodge and jump more quickly of course :wink:

What surprises me most about OP’s post is the mention of someone actually using game chat. I don’t think I’ve heard another person talking in Halo in years.

> 2533274843634673;4:
> What surprises me most about OP’s post is the mention of someone actually using game chat. I don’t think I’ve heard another person talking in Halo in years.

Presumably you’re omitting the kids shouts and shrieks, the chatting in various languages obviously to someone else in whatever room they are in and the other audio detritus that litters game chat? And let’s not get started on those that provide music for us all, including their own singing, often both at the same time …

> 2533274810196308;5:
> > 2533274843634673;4:
> > What surprises me most about OP’s post is the mention of someone actually using game chat. I don’t think I’ve heard another person talking in Halo in years.
>
> Presumably you’re omitting the kids shouts and shrieks, the chatting in various languages obviously to someone else in whatever room they are in and the other audio detritus that litters game chat? And let’s not get started on those that provide music for us all, including their own singing, often both at the same time …

Mute is key…

> 2533274842309062;6:
> Mute is key…

True, true … click that right stick.
I tend to use party chat myself but there’s another topic somewhere that insists everyone should use game chat (though i think that was for the arena playlist).

> 2533274810196308;5:
> > 2533274843634673;4:
> > What surprises me most about OP’s post is the mention of someone actually using game chat. I don’t think I’ve heard another person talking in Halo in years.
>
> Presumably you’re omitting the kids shouts and shrieks, the chatting in various languages obviously to someone else in whatever room they are in and the other audio detritus that litters game chat? And let’s not get started on those that provide music for us all, including their own singing, often both at the same time …

No, I honestly haven’t heard a single sound from game chat in Halo in years. Maybe I disabled that functionality somehow, but I’m not complaining.

yeh i played a regular wz game today and was quickly reminded why i havent been playing it

Greetings, just wondering I have never played a game in warzone? I am thinking about playing but can anyone give me some pointers or should I try it out? Let me know.

> 2535419066641039;10:
> Greetings, just wondering I have never played a game in warzone? I am thinking about playing but can anyone give me some pointers or should I try it out? Let me know.

Play in a fireteam.

> 2533274843446007;2:
> I agree… WZ has been pretty toxic lately. The low population, getting matched with teams of Champ - Plat with your own teammates constantly spartan charging you, trying to steal weapons and vehicles not much fun anymore. Castle Wars was even worse, teammates constantly running you over with vehicles. I was getting killed more by my own team than the enemy team.

Please don’t get me started on castle wars… but seriously, I eventually phased out of warzone from the trolls and lack of actual team-play. If you’re going in, you need to walk in with a dependable team otherwise, the wait time to actually lock into a game will be wasted. The Halo Community is growing and you have every Robert, Richard and Harrison jumping into Warzone as if it’s a free for all. I tend to expire from being run over by vehicles with teammates behind the wheel… BUT I don’t quit. I just switch arenas. It helps with my blood pressure, sometimes :slight_smile:

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2535462516526086;12:
> > 2533274843446007;2:
> > I agree… WZ has been pretty toxic lately. The low population, getting matched with teams of Champ - Plat with your own teammates constantly spartan charging you, trying to steal weapons and vehicles not much fun anymore. Castle Wars was even worse, teammates constantly running you over with vehicles. I was getting killed more by my own team than the enemy team.
>
> Please don’t get me started on castle wars… but seriously, I eventually phased out of warzone from the trolls and lack of actual team-play. If you’re going in, you need to walk in with a dependable team otherwise, the wait time to actually lock into a game will be wasted. The Halo Community is growing and you have every Robert, Richard and Harrison jumping into Warzone as if it’s a free for all. I tend to expire from being run over by vehicles with teammates behind the wheel… BUT I don’t quit. I just switch arenas. It helps with my blood pressure, sometimes :slight_smile:

Never played warzone so my blood pressure is fine I guess.

I’ve been playing Halo since 2001, and online since 2004 when H2 went on xbox live. For the past 15 years it’s always been my go to game. With that being said, I’ve witnessed some very toxic playlists and games in my day. That said, TO THIS DAY, nothing has come close to how toxic warzone is. The idea of warzone is a decent one, but it’s not executed well… And there’s certain things that make this a very toxic playlist by it’s nature. I won’t get into the details each of my reasons but they’re basically:

1. Fireteams exceeding 6 people, some even teaming with 12 and facing a bunch of randoms
  2. Req packs rewarding better players. The team that starts winning starts getting better weapons, which makes the team win even more, which gives them even better weapons and so on and so fourth. This just puts better weapons in the hands of better players and the snowball keeps building, making it incredibly difficult for a losing team to mount any sort of comeback.
  3. Not destroying core: “Farming” as were called. Instead of just winning the game these fireteams will just spawn trap you and continue to get better req’s and just go for kills.

There’s a few things that I think would make this playlist better:

1. Make it ranked. This will put people with a 95% win percentage vs. others with a 95% win percentage. This will put below average players against below average players, and overall will make the game much more enjoyable for the vast majority of the population (except the losers who want to just beat up on randoms/social players and is why they avoid ranked to begin with.)
  2. If it stays social then ensure that if the kill/death differential for both teams exceeds a certain point the game ends. (e.g. is red team has 157 kills and blue team has 42 and they’re not going for the core… just -Yoinking!- end the game there). This is no different then the “technical fall” rule in wrestling where if a wrestler is up by an extreme amount (but isn’t going for the pin/can’t get the pin) the match ends.

You have to realize that many of the players who team and take warzone seriously do so to feel better about themselves. It’s a way for them to beat up on randoms in a social playlist, because they could never make anything of themselves in a ranked playlist/team arena or at actual tournaments when there’s a completely even playing field. I almost only play team arena because even when the games are lopsided they end quickly, and for the most part people are pretty respectful in that playlist and they WANT close games. People in warzone just want a 60+ kill game to feel good about themselves. They don’t want close, even games, and are willing to stack the deck anyway they can to not have that.

So I would just do other playlists that cap it to a 4 person max fireteam, and just do warzone for fun when you’re in the mood, not taking it too seriously if the 1000-400 games start happening. Maybe even just leave the game all together.

> 2533274910889054;14:
> 1. Make it ranked. This will put people with a 95% win percentage vs. others with a 95% win percentage. This will put below average players against below average players, and overall will make the game much more enjoyable for the vast majority of the population (except the losers who want to just beat up on randoms/social players and is why they avoid ranked to begin with.)

This wouldn’t work. This would open up the potential for people to use money to get better ranks. While not fully pay-2-win, Warzone does introduce the ability to buy reqs and potentially use those purchases to get a better-than-average collection. This potential is enough reason to not rank Warzone.

besides the ability to buy reqs, the inherently unbalanced nature of Warzone makes it suboptimal for a ranked playlist. People want ranks based on skill, not based on how diverse or plentiful their collection is. Warzone could change matchmaking behind the scenes to find fairer matches without assigning public ranks to players.

Yea, people, (like myself), are terrified of reqking anything good because they feel like they will lose it instantly and they do, just the other day two to three tanks were called in from the same garage, and right after they got out the black and yellow spawn thing they got insta-killed by people with only a handful of grenades and barely any skill.

> 2533274817408735;15:
> > 2533274910889054;14:
> > 1. Make it ranked. This will put people with a 95% win percentage vs. others with a 95% win percentage. This will put below average players against below average players, and overall will make the game much more enjoyable for the vast majority of the population (except the losers who want to just beat up on randoms/social players and is why they avoid ranked to begin with.)
>
> This wouldn’t work. This would open up the potential for people to use money to get better ranks. While not fully pay-2-win, Warzone does introduce the ability to buy reqs and potentially use those purchases to get a better-than-average collection. This potential is enough reason to not rank Warzone.
>
> besides the ability to buy reqs, the inherently unbalanced nature of Warzone makes it suboptimal for a ranked playlist. People want ranks based on skill, not based on how diverse or plentiful their collection is. Warzone could change matchmaking behind the scenes to find fairer matches without assigning public ranks to players.

They should maybe then max the fireteam limit to 4. If players want to play in a fireteam of 5-12 they have to do warzone warlords.

> 2533274910889054;17:
> > 2533274817408735;15:
> > > 2533274910889054;14:
> > > 1. Make it ranked. This will put people with a 95% win percentage vs. others with a 95% win percentage. This will put below average players against below average players, and overall will make the game much more enjoyable for the vast majority of the population (except the losers who want to just beat up on randoms/social players and is why they avoid ranked to begin with.)
> >
> > This wouldn’t work. This would open up the potential for people to use money to get better ranks. While not fully pay-2-win, Warzone does introduce the ability to buy reqs and potentially use those purchases to get a better-than-average collection. This potential is enough reason to not rank Warzone.
> >
> > besides the ability to buy reqs, the inherently unbalanced nature of Warzone makes it suboptimal for a ranked playlist. People want ranks based on skill, not based on how diverse or plentiful their collection is. Warzone could change matchmaking behind the scenes to find fairer matches without assigning public ranks to players.
>
> They should maybe then max the fireteam limit to 4. If players want to play in a fireteam of 5-12 they have to do warzone warlords.

They tried that before. People cried because they didn’t like the restriction. Warlords was a suboptimal fix for the issue. Ultimately they changed how WZ matchmaking worked so that matches would be more fair without restricting fireteam limits in classic WZ.

Basically the issues you have with warzone are issues that have been brought up before and addressed before, through series of balance changes and matchmaking updates. 343 wants matches to be balanced but there is a limit to how much they can restrict things before they box out a subsection of players. Matchmaking is a delicate balancing act, especially for a 4 yo game. They adjust where they can but it will never be 100% perfect 100% of the time.

I don’t have issues with those. I got love/hate thing for warzone. My hate is mainly joining in late games where it’s basically 6-12 and I join the losing team. Like why. Then since warzone is pretty much a snowball effect game I get irritated when I got few members just feeding to the enemy

I hate warzone. With the micro transactions, game glitches, op Magnum and team killing, it’s such a stress factor. Especially for that one guy.