Warzone Loadouts Ammo Pickup

Something that’s always confused me is that you can never pick up ammo from a loadout weapon if you have any variation of said weapon. For example, if you have a Sentinal DMR, you can’t pick up ammo from a Suppresed DMR. It doesn’t really make sense, because if you think about it logically, the ammunition type wouldn’t vary based on the weapon’s attachments. Scopes don’t change anything except for Smart-Link, extended mag just has a bigger magazine, Kinetic Bolts is a barrel attachment, so the ammo in the magazine would remain the same, etc.

Honestly this kind of bugs me sometimes because I have to run across the map just to get more ammo. What are your thoughts?

This always bugged me too.

You mean when Proms and Covey have bottomless clips, don’t have to reload and have magical aiming even for UNSC weapons as well?

Ya it is annoying, but oh well.

its is annoying, but buggeds me more that vehicles dissapear after a round when you are not on them.

> 2533274921115718;5:
> its is annoying, but buggeds me more that vehicles dissapear after a round when you are not on them.

I found this out just today. I got off my ghost to reach top level in the temple to assist the team take down the bosses. When I jumped back down, the ghost was gone…

Uh hm… fair play…

This is really annoying, especially if you’re constantly running out of ammo.

> 2533274921115718;5:
> its is annoying, but buggeds me more that vehicles dissapear after a round when you are not on them.

The disappearing vehicles seems to be needed, though, due to the “too many vehicles on the field” prompt.

You’ve got…

Players who call in Scout Warthogs generally in Round 1 to splatter enemies because they stink with pistols and abandon them or get shot out.

Players who have their vehicles jacked, generally by Soldiers. (Granted, they explode if the round ends with them in it, but I’m a headshot guy so sometimes I just shoot them out and let the vehicle sit as I don’t want it, it’s just way less ammo to headshot them out rather than blow up the vehicle. And I finished my blow up enemy Warthogs.)

Players who abandon “ticking” time bomb vehicles and don’t have or want to waste grenades blowing it up or risk Spartan Charging it to get caught with their shields down. (If I see someone wander off decently far from a vehicle and it’s in bad shape and I’m in a vehicle, I tend to blow it up. Especially if they’re heading toward a REQ station.)

Players who just abandon vehicles, usually right near a REQ station because they were usually splattering in a Warthog/Ghost and they REQ’ed up enough and the round is better suited for a Banshee/Wraith/Scorp/whatever. I see this a decent bit when I head to far out REQ stations at REQ 5 when I want an Armor Mod and am in a Ghost that I don’t want someone stealing. Seldom I’ve done it myself as it can be too much work to blow it up or find a teammate who wants it.

Granted, some of those could be patched I guess, but I’m not sure it’s really worth the time or effort.

> 2533274826487420;8:
> > 2533274921115718;5:
> > its is annoying, but buggeds me more that vehicles dissapear after a round when you are not on them.
>
> The disappearing vehicles seems to be needed, though, due to the “too many vehicles on the field” prompt.
>
> You’ve got…
>
> Players who call in Scout Warthogs generally in Round 1 to splatter enemies because they stink with pistols and abandon them or get shot out.
>
> Players who have their vehicles jacked, generally by Soldiers. (Granted, they explode if the round ends with them in it, but I’m a headshot guy so sometimes I just shoot them out and let the vehicle sit as I don’t want it, it’s just way less ammo to headshot them out rather than blow up the vehicle. And I finished my blow up enemy Warthogs.)
>
> Players who abandon “ticking” time bomb vehicles and don’t have or want to waste grenades blowing it up or risk Spartan Charging it to get caught with their shields down. (If I see someone wander off decently far from a vehicle and it’s in bad shape and I’m in a vehicle, I tend to blow it up. Especially if they’re heading toward a REQ station.)
>
> Players who just abandon vehicles, usually right near a REQ station because they were usually splattering in a Warthog/Ghost and they REQ’ed up enough and the round is better suited for a Banshee/Wraith/Scorp/whatever. I see this a decent bit when I head to far out REQ stations at REQ 5 when I want an Armor Mod and am in a Ghost that I don’t want someone stealing. Seldom I’ve done it myself as it can be too much work to blow it up or find a teammate who wants it.
>
> Granted, some of those could be patched I guess, but I’m not sure it’s really worth the time or effort.

I wouldn’t say people with scout hogs stink with pistol. They can just kill everything faster with scout hog since it can splatter harder enemies aka soldiers or elites.

> 2533274826487420;8:
> > 2533274921115718;5:
> > its is annoying, but buggeds me more that vehicles dissapear after a round when you are not on them.
>
> The disappearing vehicles seems to be needed, though, due to the “too many vehicles on the field” prompt.
>
> You’ve got…
>
> Players who call in Scout Warthogs generally in Round 1 to splatter enemies because they stink with pistols and abandon them or get shot out.
>
> Players who have their vehicles jacked, generally by Soldiers. (Granted, they explode if the round ends with them in it, but I’m a headshot guy so sometimes I just shoot them out and let the vehicle sit as I don’t want it, it’s just way less ammo to headshot them out rather than blow up the vehicle. And I finished my blow up enemy Warthogs.)
>
> Players who abandon “ticking” time bomb vehicles and don’t have or want to waste grenades blowing it up or risk Spartan Charging it to get caught with their shields down. (If I see someone wander off decently far from a vehicle and it’s in bad shape and I’m in a vehicle, I tend to blow it up. Especially if they’re heading toward a REQ station.)
>
> Players who just abandon vehicles, usually right near a REQ station because they were usually splattering in a Warthog/Ghost and they REQ’ed up enough and the round is better suited for a Banshee/Wraith/Scorp/whatever. I see this a decent bit when I head to far out REQ stations at REQ 5 when I want an Armor Mod and am in a Ghost that I don’t want someone stealing. Seldom I’ve done it myself as it can be too much work to blow it up or find a teammate who wants it.
>
> Granted, some of those could be patched I guess, but I’m not sure it’s really worth the time or effort.

It’s easier to run over multiple enemies faster in the earlier rounds and you don’t run out of ammo.
Also, I often leave wraiths, hogs and ghosts in case anybody else wants to use them. Not everyone is finished with reqs like I am and if they can use it to get to a higher req level isn’t that good for the team?

Yeah i know this is realy dumb and annoying

> 2533274834066497;10:
> > 2533274826487420;8:
> > > 2533274921115718;5:
> > > its is annoying, but buggeds me more that vehicles dissapear after a round when you are not on them.
> >
> > The disappearing vehicles seems to be needed, though, due to the “too many vehicles on the field” prompt.
> >
> > You’ve got…
> >
> > Players who call in Scout Warthogs generally in Round 1 to splatter enemies because they stink with pistols and abandon them or get shot out.
> >
> > Players who have their vehicles jacked, generally by Soldiers. (Granted, they explode if the round ends with them in it, but I’m a headshot guy so sometimes I just shoot them out and let the vehicle sit as I don’t want it, it’s just way less ammo to headshot them out rather than blow up the vehicle. And I finished my blow up enemy Warthogs.)
> >
> > Players who abandon “ticking” time bomb vehicles and don’t have or want to waste grenades blowing it up or risk Spartan Charging it to get caught with their shields down. (If I see someone wander off decently far from a vehicle and it’s in bad shape and I’m in a vehicle, I tend to blow it up. Especially if they’re heading toward a REQ station.)
> >
> > Players who just abandon vehicles, usually right near a REQ station because they were usually splattering in a Warthog/Ghost and they REQ’ed up enough and the round is better suited for a Banshee/Wraith/Scorp/whatever. I see this a decent bit when I head to far out REQ stations at REQ 5 when I want an Armor Mod and am in a Ghost that I don’t want someone stealing. Seldom I’ve done it myself as it can be too much work to blow it up or find a teammate who wants it.
> >
> > Granted, some of those could be patched I guess, but I’m not sure it’s really worth the time or effort.
>
> It’s easier to run over multiple enemies faster in the earlier rounds and you don’t run out of ammo.
> Also, I often leave wraiths, hogs and ghosts in case anybody else wants to use them. Not everyone is finished with reqs like I am and if they can use it to get to a higher req level isn’t that good for the team?

I don’t have a major issue with teammates using vehicles for enemies in early rounds so long as they don’t run me or teammates over (or knock shields down and cause a Spartan to die in one shot from an enemy. I see some players who seem to be trolls doing this every so often.). But running over isn’t overly common, except for Stormbreak when you generally have to stay on that main snowy path whether on foot or vehicle for most rounds as it’s where all the action is.

As for leaving vehicles around, I generally don’t have an issue with it. In my experience, people seldom take vehicles I offer them (I don’t use a mic though) so I don’t bother. The only problem is when that yellow “too many vehicles” prompt comes up which isn’t too bad due to vehicles despawning, but it would be likely be awful if they didn’t despawn. And I understand abandoning vehicles due to the time limits and the fact that if you have even a Ghost in good shape you’ve kept til Round 4 or 5 and need a Scorp/Wraith/Banshee whatever to do serious damage, it can take way too much time and ammo to destroy your vehicle.

> 2533274826487420;12:
> > 2533274834066497;10:
> > > 2533274826487420;8:
> > > > 2533274921115718;5:
> > > > its is annoying, but buggeds me more that vehicles dissapear after a round when you are not on them.
> > >
> > > The disappearing vehicles seems to be needed, though, due to the “too many vehicles on the field” prompt.
> > >
> > > You’ve got…
> > >
> > > Players who call in Scout Warthogs generally in Round 1 to splatter enemies because they stink with pistols and abandon them or get shot out.
> > >
> > > Players who have their vehicles jacked, generally by Soldiers. (Granted, they explode if the round ends with them in it, but I’m a headshot guy so sometimes I just shoot them out and let the vehicle sit as I don’t want it, it’s just way less ammo to headshot them out rather than blow up the vehicle. And I finished my blow up enemy Warthogs.)
> > >
> > > Players who abandon “ticking” time bomb vehicles and don’t have or want to waste grenades blowing it up or risk Spartan Charging it to get caught with their shields down. (If I see someone wander off decently far from a vehicle and it’s in bad shape and I’m in a vehicle, I tend to blow it up. Especially if they’re heading toward a REQ station.)
> > >
> > > Players who just abandon vehicles, usually right near a REQ station because they were usually splattering in a Warthog/Ghost and they REQ’ed up enough and the round is better suited for a Banshee/Wraith/Scorp/whatever. I see this a decent bit when I head to far out REQ stations at REQ 5 when I want an Armor Mod and am in a Ghost that I don’t want someone stealing. Seldom I’ve done it myself as it can be too much work to blow it up or find a teammate who wants it.
> > >
> > > Granted, some of those could be patched I guess, but I’m not sure it’s really worth the time or effort.
> >
> > It’s easier to run over multiple enemies faster in the earlier rounds and you don’t run out of ammo.
> > Also, I often leave wraiths, hogs and ghosts in case anybody else wants to use them. Not everyone is finished with reqs like I am and if they can use it to get to a higher req level isn’t that good for the team?
>
> I don’t have a major issue with teammates using vehicles for enemies in early rounds so long as they don’t run me or teammates over (or knock shields down and cause a Spartan to die in one shot from an enemy. I see some players who seem to be trolls doing this every so often.). But running over isn’t overly common, except for Stormbreak when you generally have to stay on that main snowy path whether on foot or vehicle for most rounds as it’s where all the action is.
>
> As for leaving vehicles around, I generally don’t have an issue with it. In my experience, people seldom take vehicles I offer them (I don’t use a mic though) so I don’t bother. The only problem is when that yellow “too many vehicles” prompt comes up which isn’t too bad due to vehicles despawning, but it would be likely be awful if they didn’t despawn. And I understand abandoning vehicles due to the time limits and the fact that if you have even a Ghost in good shape you’ve kept til Round 4 or 5 and need a Scorp/Wraith/Banshee whatever to do serious damage, it can take way too much time and ammo to destroy your vehicle.

It’s a great point you make. I don’t leave badly damaged vehicles without destroying them, it’s just the ones in good shape. But I’ll make it a point to destroy ANY unused vehicles during the round unless I know someone is coming back for it. Many times I have seen unused hogs and gooses that need to be chewed up.