Warzone, Just what Halo needs?

Hi all i’ve been watching lots of gameplay from the new Warzone mode and at first i wasn’t sold on the idea. It felt like a half baked attempt to take what made Titanfall so much fun and squeeze it into the Halo Universe but the more i have seen the better it looks. I used to play a ton of competitive Halo on 2 and 3 before pretty much binning it on Reach and Halo 4. As a more social, non-competitive player these days i’ve found games like Titanfall more appealing that the classic 4v4 PVP games because it’s not all about KD, you can still have a bad game and contribute to your teams victory. Multiple objective and AI kills will all contribute to winning the match and all the unlockables will keep players coming back for more.
I can’t wait to play Warzone so long as they keep the new maps coming and get the balance right i think it’s going to be a blast.

i agree. I feel like it brings something new to the Halo franchise… it looks awesome… just 4 more days!.. well actually a bit longer because if I know myself… I’ll start off campaign first.

I loved assault and from what little I’ve seen its that on roids. so I’ll be happy. Obj game types are always fun when you have a bunch of friends partied up as well! I’m with TEEJAY V21 have to hit that campaign first though!

After I finished the campaign I am going to play warzone. I too have seen some videos of warzone game play and it looks fun. I am more interested in warzone than arena for in my opinion it looks like there are more ways to help your team mates and like the OP said it’s not all about k/d. In the past I read on another thread that warzone reminded them of a mix of firefight and big team battle and I would have to agree.

I have never been a big fan of vehicles in Halo, and always found BTB a bit annoying, but for whatever reason, I am really looking forward to Warzone.

It’s new and exciting! Even though it won’t be my favorite thing, it’ll add to the variety of things we can choose from!

I like the addition. It looks really fun when you need a break from arena.
Looks like a mix of Firefight and Social MP.
But my main focus will be Competitive Arena.

I can’t wait to play war zone!

Any Destiny player here knows - Warzone is what Destiny’s public spaces should have been. I’m excited to get my hands on it!

I think Warzone is going to be like invasion. A gamemode we play once and then forget it existed.

> 2533274799108499;4:
> After I finished the campaign I am going to play warzone. I too have seen some videos of warzone game play and it looks fun. I am more interested in warzone than arena for in my opinion it looks like there are more ways to help your team mates and like the OP said it’s not all about k/d. In the past I read on another thread that warzone reminded them of a mix of firefight and big team battle and I would have to agree.

Remember, WarZone victory is based on REQ Cards, and you have to earn REQ Packs or you can buy them.

> 2535443309114659;10:
> I think Warzone is going to be like invasion. A gamemode we play once and then forget it existed.

Really? I think it will be the go too mode for more casual players… For The people who liked BTB for the vehicle chaos, but didn’t care if they won… It also has the draw of the req cards…

ill be primarily arena, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Warzone has the larger player population.

> 2533274827537767;11:
> > 2533274799108499;4:
> > After I finished the campaign I am going to play warzone. I too have seen some videos of warzone game play and it looks fun. I am more interested in warzone than arena for in my opinion it looks like there are more ways to help your team mates and like the OP said it’s not all about k/d. In the past I read on another thread that warzone reminded them of a mix of firefight and big team battle and I would have to agree.
>
>
> Remember, WarZone victory is based on REQ Cards, and you have to earn REQ Packs or you can buy them.

Victory isn’t based on req cards. It’s based on how your team performs… Req cards give you more options in how you complete objectives, but you can complete objectives w/o having a ton of req cards.

> 2676692992818466;12:
> > 2535443309114659;10:
> > I think Warzone is going to be like invasion. A gamemode we play once and then forget it existed.
>
>
> Really? I think it will be the go too mode for more casual players… For The people who liked BTB for the vehicle chaos, but didn’t care if they won… It also has the draw of the req cards…
>
> ill be primarily arena, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Warzone has the larger player population.

I agree. I think Warzone is going to make Halo a lot bigger in terms of population. It looks like crazy fun, although I myself will probably spend 99% of my time in Arena.

> 2533274809787821;9:
> Any Destiny player here knows - Warzone is what Destiny’s public spaces should have been. I’m excited to get my hands on it!

Exactly what I was thinking too!

> 2713552811194443;15:
> > 2533274809787821;9:
> > Any Destiny player here knows - Warzone is what Destiny’s public spaces should have been. I’m excited to get my hands on it!
>
>
> Exactly what I was thinking too!

Absolutely 100%. I really hope it turns out as good as it looks. I can’t wait to get in there. I might even be in there awhile before I complete the campaign.

Although maybe not, I’ve been slowly losing my mind trying to figure out the story for the last few years now.

I am extremely excited about warzone, and I think when I finish the campaign that is where I will end up spending the majority of time.

Does warzone have a ranking system aswell because if not that’s gna be pritty pointless playing it, can somone please help

I love the idea of Warzone, it does feel like a mix of all things that made many games different and enjoyable. I pretty much like everything about it, but I haven’t played it for a second so…
That said I like the AI style of TF Attrition gamemodes, I like what they’re doing with power weapons and moreover the power vehicles or choice thereof in-game, and I hope that the bosses that arrive throughout the matches are randomized and balanced, cuz I was let down with the Destiny Public events.

Totally agree. Although I’m hard pressed to call warzone “pure innovation” (it largely resembles MOBAs like DOTA 2, LoL) but it is an interesting and exciting step forward for the Halo franchise. It seems like the perfect place for gamers who aren’t competitive or just aren’t feeling like playing arena, the perfect place to play and it seems like the gameplay possibilities are endless.

Then, you factor in the REQ card system which will be extremely addicting, I think you have great recipe for success. Warzone looks fantastic.