Warzone is Pure laziness

I can’t imagine a more lazy gametype for 343i to invent. Honestly. From the maps, to the req system, so the random level unlocks, to the unfair bosses, to the repetitive gameplay…everything.

All the maps play exactly the same. It doesn’t matter what the outside of the base looks like, as it’s all about the inside. And guess what? All the bases are the same. 343i even removed the Monument on the new map and replaced it with a copy and paste base. Once you get past the first wave in Assault, it’s the same game. Same Armory. Same Core. Can you imagine if Bungie made all the insides of Invasion maps the same? (Can we also talk about how it doesn’t make sense that Assault is only one side per game? No Attack then Defend like Reach).

REQ’s are incredibly lazy as well. It’s really just an RNG that makes players use real money, if they choose, to get random things. And the skins aren’t imaginative, as they wouldn’t done skins regardless. The upgraded weapons aren’t special, and make the game completely random.

Why are players not rewarded on a per-damage-dealt basis for Warzone bosses? 343i can add Damage Dealt to the Carnage Report, but can’t award points based on damage? It’s literally a crap-shoot which team kills the Warden each time.

I like it :slight_smile:

Warzone is actually more popular than Arena AND its REQ packs fund our DLC. It takes a ton of effort to make those maps, and the changes in the update made it even better.

If you want repetitive gameplay for little kids, go play Call of Dookie

> 2535458955070436;3:
> Warzone is actually more popular than Arena AND its REQ packs fund our DLC. It takes a ton of effort to make those maps, and the changes in the update made it even better.
>
> If you want repetitive gameplay for little kids, go play Call of Dookie

How does it take a ton of effort to make Warzone maps? It’s literally the same things, just with a different exterior. It’s not that hard to think up where to place cars on a circular road.

I don’t have a problem with Warzone. Everything else needs more work then that right now.

I like Warzone. I’m not designing the maps, writing the code, and building the environment, so I would be the last person to comment on how easy or hard it is to build a Warzone map.

> 2793304054603734;6:
> I like Warzone. I’m not designing the maps, writing the code, and building the environment, so I would be the last person to comment on how easy or hard it is to build a Warzone map.

Hey look, we got some passive aggressive bros over here…

I said nothing about graphics, coding, or environments. I’m talking about map design. Layout. Movement. Tunnels. Obstacles. Buildings. Those are things that people plan, then the others do the graphics, coding, etc. Map design is fundamental to both good gameplay and less repetitive gameplay. Warzone has neither.

I agree I enjoy the gametype but warzone could be 10x better if it was more complex. i.e random bosses, different structures, ect. I just want invasion back since warzone is pretty barebones.

QQ.
Don’t play it if you don’t like it. You’re quite welcome to your own opinion, but I assure you it isn’t shared by the majority.

As far as the boss kills go, the system is fine. You want the points, kill them. The end.

> 2535434496323314;1:
> I can’t imagine a more lazy gametype for 343i to invent. Honestly. From the maps, to the req system, so the random level unlocks, to the unfair bosses, to the repetitive gameplay…everything.
>
> All the maps play exactly the same. It doesn’t matter what the outside of the base looks like, as it’s all about the inside. And guess what? All the bases are the same. 343i even removed the Monument on the new map and replaced it with a copy and paste base. Once you get past the first wave in Assault, it’s the same game. Same Armory. Same Core. Can you imagine if Bungie made all the insides of Invasion maps the same? (Can we also talk about how it doesn’t make sense that Assault is only one side per game? No Attack then Defend like Reach).
>
> REQ’s are incredibly lazy as well. It’s really just an RNG that makes players use real money, if they choose, to get random things. And the skins aren’t imaginative, as they wouldn’t done skins regardless. The upgraded weapons aren’t special, and make the game completely random.
>
> Why are players not rewarded on a per-damage-dealt basis for Warzone bosses? 343i can add Damage Dealt to the Carnage Report, but can’t award points based on damage? It’s literally a crap-shoot which team kills the Warden each time.

Increased sodium levels detected

I don’t think it’s lazy, with the exception of the armories and cores…would be nice for a little variety there. But all the Warzone maps aren’t exactly the same, or else they would all look like march on stormbreak, but the snow would be melted and have palm trees or something.

The thinks I hate of Warzone are:
1- The bosses are quite generic and only Warden can make a decent fight.

2-Joining to in-progress games is not cool.

Halo 5 map design as a whole is lazy.

Riptide is just Fathom in a desert and some remixed paths and areas. Its the same base map.

Several of the launch maps are remixed versions of each other like Empire.

They haven’t added an original map to this game since the launch. Every single DLC map has been a remixed version of another map, a forge map, or a map like Noctus that shoulda been in the launch game, it was in trailers.

This is what “free dlc” means. They sacrifice quality original and creative maps for remixed and slapped together maps.

> 2533274811958118;9:
> QQ.
> Don’t play it if you don’t like it. You’re quite welcome to your own opinion, but I assure you it isn’t shared by the majority.
>
> As far as the boss kills go, the system is fine. You want the points, kill them. The end.

The boss system is without a doubt messed up. Entire team spent 5 minutes securing the area to Captain Hestro had few guys on base detail and everyone else on boss as did the enemy. We lose it because one guy with a BR walked through the death barrier and shot the boss for the kill. Our tanks and team just blasted him but there isn’t any.

Like I said in a previous post, this isn’t League where killing the bosses gives you a option to win in this game they give you the win but 343i has it set up in the wrong way. They’re playing Basketball with football rules.

Yes drinking coffee to wake up , oh wait wars must run to live .

The base engagements in particular play sorta similar, but they open various entries to the roof, depending on the base, and some ground entrances are safer than others based on how much cover there is around them.

> 2533274811958118;9:
> As far as the boss kills go, the system is fine. You want the points, kill them. The end.

LOLOLOLOLOL

You can’t be serious, can you?

Oh, you are?

LOLOLOLOLOL

If anything, the boss system is the MOST obnoxious thing and most complained about element of Warzone so far. It takes an hour to lower the Warden’s shields, but whoever happens to get the final shot amidst 23 other players shooting rapidly gets the kill and all the points.

> 2535434496323314;17:
> > 2533274811958118;9:
> > As far as the boss kills go, the system is fine. You want the points, kill them. The end.
>
>
> LOLOLOLOLOL
>
> You can’t be serious, can you?
>
> Oh, you are?
>
> LOLOLOLOLOL
>
> If anything, the boss system is the MOST obnoxious thing and most complained about element of Warzone so far. It takes an hour to lower the Warden’s shields, but whoever happens to get the final shot amidst 23 other players shooting rapidly gets the kill and all the points…

Dude if your losing a warzone game because you didn’t get Warden you are playing the game the wrong way. It is all about map control. You just have to control the bases. I have won plenty of games with out any one on my team killing a boss. If your playing a team and need boss kills the bases are still more important. You have to control the mini boss spawns. The boss killing system is also fine the way it is. If someone times their last shot just right they deserve the kill.

> 2535442292562703;10:
> > 2535434496323314;1:
> > I can’t imagine a more lazy gametype for 343i to invent. Honestly. From the maps, to the req system, so the random level unlocks, to the unfair bosses, to the repetitive gameplay…everything.
> >
> > All the maps play exactly the same. It doesn’t matter what the outside of the base looks like, as it’s all about the inside. And guess what? All the bases are the same. 343i even removed the Monument on the new map and replaced it with a copy and paste base. Once you get past the first wave in Assault, it’s the same game. Same Armory. Same Core. Can you imagine if Bungie made all the insides of Invasion maps the same? (Can we also talk about how it doesn’t make sense that Assault is only one side per game? No Attack then Defend like Reach).
> >
> > REQ’s are incredibly lazy as well. It’s really just an RNG that makes players use real money, if they choose, to get random things. And the skins aren’t imaginative, as they wouldn’t done skins regardless. The upgraded weapons aren’t special, and make the game completely random.
> >
> > Why are players not rewarded on a per-damage-dealt basis for Warzone bosses? 343i can add Damage Dealt to the Carnage Report, but can’t award points based on damage? It’s literally a crap-shoot which team kills the Warden each time.
>
>
> Increased sodium levels detected

I lol’d :slight_smile:

> 2535434496323314;17:
> > 2533274811958118;9:
> > As far as the boss kills go, the system is fine. You want the points, kill them. The end.
>
>
> LOLOLOLOLOL
>
> You can’t be serious, can you?
>
> Oh, you are?
>
> LOLOLOLOLOL
>
> If anything, the boss system is the MOST obnoxious thing and most complained about element of Warzone so far. It takes an hour to lower the Warden’s shields, but whoever happens to get the final shot amidst 23 other players shooting rapidly gets the kill and all the points.

Bruh you are only level 8 and have barely put any time into the game, Unlock some more reqs and see how much the game improves then