Warzone is now Commizone

As many of you know, Warzone received an update to the req system which basically made it so there can’t be a req steamroll. While this makes a big difference in games, I think it hurts the players who had an issue with warzone in the first place. I never had an issue with the req system. I actually liked it. Base AI and marine kills gave a few reqs, spartan kills gave more, boss kills gave a lot, team boss kills gave a little (I think half a req), and base captures gave a little.

Now, after playing lots of games, I’ve noticed that the majority of reqs come from some sort of timer. Literally the only thing that gives reqs besides this is boss takedowns. Team takedown give either none or practically no reqs. The effect of this is that everyone stays within about 2 reqs. My friend and i tried this by letting him slay and kill bosses all game, while I stayed in a base, and he never got two reqs ahead, even though I did nothing.

This may seem fair, but it actually hurts both low xp players and the underdog in sweaty matches. For the first case, players with a crap load of reqs and everything unlocked can out req the lower xp players. Before the update, a lower req player could perform well and req steamroll the better players, which would eventually level out when the higher req players got up and were able to counter the low xp. Now, the high xp players can merely counter the low xp player and force him to use loadouts, while the high xp has infinte endgames, answers, banshees, etc.

When I would play 6 man sweaty matches against teams like Adamant and Allegiance, my fireteam and I would come off very aggressively and try to out req the other team. Now, being the underdogs, there is not way for us to get an upperhand. With the other team keeping up in reqs, the team with more camos, blazes, banshees, wraiths, etc, is going to probably win.

My whole point is that warzone has basically become a game type that only rewards players with lots of reqs at their disposal. A br and smg vs an answer always goes one way. There is no reward for performing well; everyone keeps up in reqs, and that is disappointing for players and teams that perform well to try to get an upperhand. If you want a level playing field play BTB

But now the game stays even so better players win
What’s the fun of playing a game if the better team always wins? Make whoever EARNS the win, win, whether it be strategies, team coordination, or flat out slaying. Players who try and outperform need to win, not necessarily the better, more experienced, high xp player.

> 2535453278998196;1:
> As many of you know, Warzone received an update to the req system which basically made it so there can’t be a re

Can’t be a re?? …I don’t understand

EDIT weird… your post didn’t come until I refreshed it again.

> 2533274815533909;2:
> > 2535453278998196;1:
> > As many of you know, Warzone received an update to the req system which basically made it so there can’t be a re
>
> Can’t be a re?? …I don’t understand

I hit submit and couldn’t delete the post to finish it haha

> 2535453278998196;3:
> > 2533274815533909;2:
> > > 2535453278998196;1:
> > > As many of you know, Warzone received an update to the req system which basically made it so there can’t be a re
> >
> > Can’t be a re?? …I don’t understand
>
> I hit submit and couldn’t delete the post to finish it haha

LOL oh ok, no worries bud :slight_smile:

Please use the pinned WZ changes thread to provide your feedback about the recent changes to WZ.

Also, keep politics out of the thread titles.