Warzone is Massive

Warzone is undeniably the largest gamemode that will have ever been present in a Halo Multiplayer game. It has the possibility to become a great gamemode, like invasion from Halo: Reach. The amount of chaos can create something beautiful but at the same time it makes me wonder, how will REQ change the game. If an enemy team had better cards than you or is simply dominating you, the game could become tilted very fast. What do you guys think? Warzone = Good ; Warzone= Bad. In my opinion, I am excited as hell for this.

From my understanding, it’s supposed to match you up with players that have a similar deck size. So that you can’t just roll in and trample all the Christmas noobs just because you bought it at release and have infinite cards at your disposal.

> 2661949065475413;2:
> From my understanding, it’s supposed to match you up with players that have a similar deck size. So that you can’t just roll in and trample all the Christmas noobs just because you bought it at release and have infinite cards at your disposal.

Christmas is a great time for people who bought the game on release.

But if there is a big party of people dominating the battlefield getting lots of energy thus allowing them all to have Power weapons and vehicles there is a chance that there will be a huge loss of balance making people want to quit sessions.

> 2661949065475413;2:
> From my understanding, it’s supposed to match you up with players that have a similar deck size. So that you can’t just roll in and trample all the Christmas noobs just because you bought it at release and have infinite cards at your disposal.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Yeah. In all the 343 Warzone vidocs it always shows INSANE battles going on in the middle of the map with like every vehicle imaginable and rockets flying everywhere. But when people actually play it it seems much slower paced. But it guess it depends on the map and who you end up playing with.

Like in TitanFall just cause u use a card doesn’t mean it can’t get waisted. …like u die before your first shot is fired :slight_smile:

I am super excited to play it, though it will be one of the last things I do on day 1.

> 2533274811294599;1:
> Warzone is undeniably the largest gamemode that will have ever been present in a Halo Multiplayer game. It has the possibility to become a great gamemode, like invasion from Halo: Reach. The amount of chaos can create something beautiful but at the same time it makes me wonder, how will REQ change the game. If an enemy team had better cards than you or is simply dominating you, the game could become tilted very fast. What do you guys think? Warzone = Good ; Warzone= Bad. In my opinion, I am excited as hell for this.

Part of the matchmaking algorithm takes into consideration the Req cards everyone has… That’s how they avoid high level cards causing a mismatch…

> 2535468947915585;5:
> Yeah. In all the 343 Warzone vidocs it always shows INSANE battles going on in the middle of the map with like every vehicle imaginable and rockets flying everywhere. But when people actually play it it seems much slower paced. But it guess it depends on the map and who you end up playing with.

I would chalk that up to the members of press who have gotten to record video generally suck, so rarely do they have the energy to get the good stuff… And even if they do, most of their team sucks… So you rarely see a bunch of heavy weapons and vehicles at once…

> 2533274894930311;3:
> > 2661949065475413;2:
> > From my understanding, it’s supposed to match you up with players that have a similar deck size. So that you can’t just roll in and trample all the Christmas noobs just because you bought it at release and have infinite cards at your disposal.
>
>
> Christmas is a great time for people who bought the game on release.
>
> But if there is a big party of people dominating the battlefield getting lots of energy thus allowing them all to have Power weapons and vehicles there is a chance that there will be a huge loss of balance making people want to quit sessions.

If that party is “dominating the battlefield” the balance has already been lost…

Part of of the game is making your you are collecting energy and your opponent isn’t… Either that or keep pace with them…

it’s really akin to a team that allows their opponent to control all the power ups and power weapons in an arena match. At that point, you deserve to be dominated.

> 2535468947915585;5:
> Yeah. In all the 343 Warzone vidocs it always shows INSANE battles going on in the middle of the map with like every vehicle imaginable and rockets flying everywhere. But when people actually play it it seems much slower paced. But it guess it depends on the map and who you end up playing with.

That’s because the people playing in these videos are mostly press/ people who haven’t played Halo before and are downright awful at the game, like they even try to use the AR as if it was a sniper rifle…

I’m excited as well for that mode, even though i’m still more interested in the Competitive Mode. Mostly Breakout(as well arena) which reminds me a bit of Counter Strike, and Halo mixed up with a CS Mode is awesome! Balancing? Hard to say. I think they’ll do the job properly, so it will not a Huge impact so it feel like “pay 2 win” but i think - it still could make Games, where both teams are skillbased equally a difference if one team have better/more Cards.

The very first Warzone matches after launch are going to be strange I assume, with everyone rushing in having no cards yet.

> 2535468947915585;5:

Yea plus the map at times seems empty on the edges of the map like little to no life with a sprinkle of ai here and there. The only difference I see they put three additional players on each side and made the maps even twice as big. Which to me makes no sense because now there’s just so much useless space that won’t really be used for engagements.

As I like to say to every one trying to pass judgement on the game… haven’t had a chance to play it yet so have no real opinion but it looks and sounds awesome.

I think most will hate the req system because they aren’t going to want to put the time in to learning how to use it effectively. I don’t see how it will be effective especially if you are on a “team” randoms. In MCC brb no one really uses mics to coordinate stuff so if that trend continues in H5 it may not be a good system at all, unless you are on a real team. I can hear the complaints of “they lowered the skill gap” because of the req packs and players can just get better stuff. They won’t want to learn how to counter reqs… But we will see.

> 2533274925960280;14:
> > 2535468947915585;5:
> > Yeah. In all the 343 Warzone vidocs it always shows INSANE battles going on in the middle of the map with like every vehicle imaginable and rockets flying everywhere. But when people actually play it it seems much slower paced. But it guess it depends on the map and who you end up playing with.
>
>
> Yea plus the map at times seems empty on the edges of the map like little to no life with a sprinkle of ai here and there. The only difference I see they put three additional players on each side and made the maps even twice as big. Which to me makes no sense because now there’s just so much useless space that won’t really be used for engagements.

Eh. The same could be said about a game like battlefield. It’s designed to focus the action on different parts of the map at different times, (conquest points, Rush objectives etc.) not to have nonstop action everywhere at once. Warzone does the same with the bases and the bosses. Normal BTB was much the same way. Like the others said, it probably looks the way it does because the guys playing were bad journalists who had no idea what to do. Now, some of RUL’s gameplay videos get pretty intense because he’s super good.

> 2533274816788253;16:
> I think most will hate the req system because they aren’t going to want to put the time in to learning how to use it effectively. I don’t see how it will be effective especially if you are on a “team” randoms. In MCC brb no one really uses mics to coordinate stuff so if that trend continues in H5 it may not be a good system at all, unless you are on a real team. I can hear the complaints of “they lowered the skill gap” because of the req packs and players can just get better stuff. They won’t want to learn how to counter reqs… But we will see.

The game was meant to be played a certain way but we always have people that do w.e they want and expect a different result.

Don’t read to much into it. In my opinion the game type is designed for us to have balls to the walls fun.

> 2533274925960280;18:
> > 2533274816788253;16:
> > I think most will hate the req system because they aren’t going to want to put the time in to learning how to use it effectively. I don’t see how it will be effective especially if you are on a “team” randoms. In MCC brb no one really uses mics to coordinate stuff so if that trend continues in H5 it may not be a good system at all, unless you are on a real team. I can hear the complaints of “they lowered the skill gap” because of the req packs and players can just get better stuff. They won’t want to learn how to counter reqs… But we will see.
>
>
> The game was meant to be played a certain way but we always have people that do w.e they want and expect a different result.

Yeah but just saying war zone seems like it will need a lot of communication for your team to be successful. Not only do you have the opposite team to deal with but you have enemy AI as well. With the current trend Halo, at least going by BTB in MCC, there is no communication and massive quitting so just saying this system may not be all that good when dealing with teams of random players.