Warzone is better than Spartan Ops and Firefight

Now hold on, don’t fly into a rage just yet. This is just my opinion. I think Warzone is superior to both Spartan Ops and Firefight. It’s not even just because Warzone looks spectacular (it does), it’s because Firefight and Spartan Ops have never really offered anything amazing.

Firefight, in my opinion, is just a gimmick. Halo 3: ODST released in a time where every game started copying Gears of War’s “Horde Mode” and hoping for the same success. ODST was already having problems with justifying it’s $60 price tag and Bungie had to do something. Firefight and the multiplayer disc were their last ditch efforts at making ODST worth $60, which still wasn’t enough content if you ask me. Let’s get on to why Firefight is nothing special. It’s just Horde mode on sections of the campaign. The small amount of players and boring objective made Firefight take the backseat to any other mode. I’m not saying it wasn’t fun at all because it had its moments. But after you played a little while on every map you saw all there was to see and playing by yourself was an absolute snore.

Firefight never felt complete to me and Reach made it further into a joke. It was played to grind XP and commendations and usually people just played Gruntpocalypse to speed things up. Bottom line, it was a gimmick and never earned it’s place in Halo, it was an attempt to satisfy a bullet point on the back of the box to warrant a $60 purchase.

Ok, so now lets look at Spartan Ops.

Spartan Ops was a really good idea on paper. It’s execution, however, was atrocious. I really like Halo 4 for it’s Campaign and was naturally excited to see this mode in action. What we got was a mindless shoot’em up with an in-game story comparable to Destiny, barring the cinematics of course which was the best thing about the whole mode.
Here’s a summary of Spartan Ops: Kill 50,000 enemies with no regard to your personal safety, press a button, kill another 50,000 enemies and then end the mission. Chapters were so short that nothing meaningful ever happened. What’s worse, we did all of this in recycled multiplayer maps and campaign sections. The mode is a mindless grind, with enemies constantly being thrown at you and death has literally no impact. It’s actually the most efficient way to beat a chapter because it refills all your ammo! There’s actually two chapters that you play on the exact same map twice in a row, the only difference is that you fight Prometheans the first time and Covenant the second time. Wow.

So what people want is a mode where we can fight AI, excluding Campaign. In Warzone we have just that. You can contribute to a match by killing bots just as well as your average MLG wannabe does with killing players. In fact, the people who focus on killing players will be thankful that you want to go kill the bots because it’s a really good strategy to win! In Warzone, you feel like you’re a part of something bigger, no matter how you choose to contribute.

I think this just about sums up why I think Warzone is far superior. If you don’t like any PVP at all then I understand, but just try going in with an open mind! You might actually enjoy it.

Yeah, you’re right, Firefight felt like it needed to keep being expanded. Spartan Ops felt like a campaign expansion with reused maps (maybe that’s where Bungie derived their primary setup for Destiny?). There were plenty of ways they could have developed a variation of Firefight ALONGSIDE Warzone given the tech. Warzone isn’t “superior”, it’s a completely different mode. It’s Titanfall’s Attrition with AI not being on anyone’s side and being far less active in the battlefield. That’s fine, I’ll probably play it a bit, but to say that it justifies a loss of PvE because you think those modes are boring and monotonous or ways to just farm XP does not follow.

Firefight doesn’t ask for my credit card information to be able to use all the weapons.

> 2533274859421065;3:
> Firefight doesn’t ask for my credit card information to be able to use all the weapons.

All unlocks can be obtained in-game without spending any money, in both Warzone and Arena.

You actually make valid points. I agree, between Spartan Ops, Firefight, and Warzone, the latter seems to be the most well thought out and entertaining.

I think the real issue, and why everyone is upset that the first two are not making an appearance, is that unlike Spops and Firefight, Warzone can only be played through online matchmaking, with no ability to load up a custom game and explore areas, or play alone against the AI, even though it seems like it could be the perfect setting to just mess around in.

i dont need gold to play firefight

> 2533274870591903;6:
> i dont need gold to play firefight

True, but very minor especially if you plan on playing any multiplayer.

I would still like PvE mode and warzone is not it.

> 2533274794210491;8:
> I would still like PvE mode and warzone is not it.

I understand.

Spartan ops was terrible.

Such a cheap way to progress the story, the dialogue was awful, and the reused maps…

They stepped up the quality towards the end but I won’t miss it.

They should just include a game type in the Warzone Playlist where it’s just a team of 24 against tons and tons of AI. Who knows, maybe they will.

> 2533274833600810;9:
> > 2533274794210491;8:
> > I would still like PvE mode and warzone is not it.
>
>
> I understand.

Thank you, and Warzone does look really awesome and I really like the requisition idea, reminds me of a card game.

I was lucky enough to play a game of warzone at E3 and it’s pretty epic. There certainly is a lot of chaos going on. However I feel like you can’t compare WarZone to Firefight or spartan ops, A better comparison would be to Invasion from Halo Reach. It pretty much feels like an upgraded version of Invasion to me that is pretty fun and easily addicting. Even so, WarZone is no excuse for not adding FireFight as it was something that offline players could still enjoy as well as those of us who want to play alone for a little while but don’t want to replay campaign over and over again. I don’t know why 343i intentionally makes their games half -Yoinked!- but it’s really giving halo a negative vibe. Halo without firefight or spartan ops is an incomplete title. After Halo Reach people don’t want just campaign and multiplayer. We want more content especially firefight.

> 2533274866682248;10:
> Spartan ops was terrible.
>
> Such a cheap way to progress the story, the dialogue was awful, and the reused maps…
>
> They stepped up the quality towards the end but I won’t miss it.
>
> They should just include a game type in the Warzone Playlist where it’s just a team of 24 against tons and tons of AI. Who knows, maybe they will.

They’d have to add a lot of AI’s to make such a thing challenging to the players. All 24 players would have to have superb internet connection to maintain something like this without severe lag and with a large portion of Xbox Gamers still running on 1mbps or less I don’t think such a thing is possible. Maybe if Governments did something to build up internet infrastructure so we’d all have a solid 50mbps then maybe your idea would be possible

> 2533274859421065;3:
> Firefight doesn’t ask for my credit card information to be able to use all the weapons.

Just because Requisition Packs are available as microstransactions doesn’t mean that paying is the easiest way to obtain them. It’s not a pay-to-win situation.

> 2533274870591903;6:
> i dont need gold to play firefight

There is no point in buying an Xbox without buying Gold.

> 2533274833600810;4:
> > 2533274859421065;3:
> > Firefight doesn’t ask for my credit card information to be able to use all the weapons.
>
>
> All unlocks can be obtained in-game without spending any money, in both Warzone and Arena.

Naturally, that’s why it’s fair right?

They are also consumable, and in a game type designed to consume them, I guarantee you that a free player will find themselves at a shortage of cards, that a paying player wont. Because if you think 343 is going to offer the ability to buy these cards, and then make it so players will never feel the need to then I invite you to join us in reality.

You don’t have to take my word for it though, when the game comes out and you’ve played a few matches of warzone, and you find yourself with plenty of energy but no cards to spend you can come back and tell us all how 343 is not going to be incentivizing people to buy these packs.

> 2533274859421065;16:
> > 2533274833600810;4:
> > > 2533274859421065;3:
> > > Firefight doesn’t ask for my credit card information to be able to use all the weapons.
> >
> >
> > All unlocks can be obtained in-game without spending any money, in both Warzone and Arena.
>
>
> Naturally, that’s why it’s fair right?
>
> They are also consumable, and in a game type designed to consume them, I guarantee you that a free player will find themselves at a shortage of cards, that a paying player wont. Because if you think 343 is going to offer the ability to buy these cards, and then make it so players will never feel the need to then I invite you to join us in reality.
>
> You don’t have to take my word for it though, when the game comes out and you’ve played a few matches of warzone, and you find yourself with plenty of energy but no cards to spend you can come back and tell us all how 343 is not going to be incentivizing people to buy these packs.

I’ll be fine with the packs, they can only be used at certain points of the game and I can still hijack their vehicles or steal their weapons. In fact, I’m pretty excited to ruin some rich kid’s day by destroying his tank as soon as he gets it out of the gates :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274859421065;3:

Ah the sensationalism begins.

> 2533274800197828;18:
> > 2533274859421065;3:
> > Firefight doesn’t ask for my credit card information to be able to use all the weapons.
>
>
> Ah the sensationalism begins.

People love having something to hate, even if they have to make it up.

> 2533274833600810;1:
> Now hold on, don’t fly into a rage just yet. This is just my opinion. I think Warzone is superior to both Spartan Ops and Firefight. It’s not even just because Warzone looks spectacular (it does), it’s because Firefight and Spartan Ops have never really offered anything amazing.
>
> Firefight, in my opinion, is just a gimmick. Halo 3: ODST released in a time where every game started copying Gears of War’s “Horde Mode” and hoping for the same success. ODST was already having problems with justifying it’s $60 price tag and Bungie had to do something. Firefight and the multiplayer disc were their last ditch efforts at making ODST worth $60, which still wasn’t enough content if you ask me. Let’s get on to why Firefight is nothing special. It’s just Horde mode on sections of the campaign. The small amount of players and boring objective made Firefight take the backseat to any other mode. I’m not saying it wasn’t fun at all because it had its moments. But after you played a little while on every map you saw all there was to see and playing by yourself was an absolute snore.
>
> Firefight never felt complete to me and Reach made it further into a joke. It was played to grind XP and commendations and usually people just played Gruntpocalypse to speed things up. Bottom line, it was a gimmick and never earned it’s place in Halo, it was an attempt to satisfy a bullet point on the back of the box to warrant a $60 purchase.
> Ok, so now lets look at Spartan Ops.
>
> Spartan Ops was a really good idea on paper. It’s execution, however, was atrocious. I really like Halo 4 for it’s Campaign and was naturally excited to see this mode in action. What we got was a mindless shoot’em up with an in-game story comparable to Destiny, barring the cinematics of course which was the best thing about the whole mode.
> Here’s a summary of Spartan Ops: Kill 50,000 enemies with no regard to your personal safety, press a button, kill another 50,000 enemies and then end the mission. Chapters were so short that nothing meaningful ever happened. What’s worse, we did all of this in recycled multiplayer maps and campaign sections. The mode is a mindless grind, with enemies constantly being thrown at you and death has literally no impact. It’s actually the most efficient way to beat a chapter because it refills all your ammo! There’s actually two chapters that you play on the exact same map twice in a row, the only difference is that you fight Prometheans the first time and Covenant the second time. Wow.
>
> So what people want is a mode where we can fight AI, excluding Campaign. In Warzone we have just that. You can contribute to a match by killing bots just as well as your average MLG wannabe does with killing players. In fact, the people who focus on killing players will be thankful that you want to go kill the bots because it’s a really good strategy to win! In Warzone, you feel like you’re a part of something bigger, no matter how you choose to contribute.
>
> I think this just about sums up why I think Warzone is far superior. If you don’t like any PVP at all then I understand, but just try going in with an open mind! You might actually enjoy it.

didn’t know you already played it.