Warzone Has Lost Its Luster

Is it just me or does Warzone now seem more of a grind than anything? It isn’t as fun as it should be and it has become extremely repetitive.

Every game repeats the same old steps with the same old sides. Either you are completely steamrolling the enemy team or you are on the team essentially being target practice rather than having actual firefights and that is where the problem arises. There isn’t the comeback (and if there is one it happens at extremely rare times) and there isn’t necessarily a motivation to continue playing. For example, why bother trying if you either know you will win 100% or you will be completely demolished.

I know it seems like rambling, but my point is that there needs to be some sort of “fun” or “comeback” element being implemented. Take Dominion from Halo 4 as an example. When the enemy team had all three bases within their control, the other team was equipped with overshields so that they could make some sort of comeback and not immediately lose the game. You still have some sort of motivation. In Warzone, there isn’t that motivation. If you are being held in your home base and being totally destroyed, what is the point in trying?

Basically, do something to mix it up. With situations where one team is destroying the other, do something where the winning team may have some sort of disadvantage or where the losing team obtains an advantage. Just implement something that keeps the motivation and fun going on.

(TL:DR) - One team is always being slaughtered while the other team sits around using them like target practice. There should be something so the losing team keeps motivation or still has a fighting chance.

Its been that way for a while now for me anyway.

This has been happening to me lately. It often happens when companies go against randoms and its getting annoying. If this keeps happening, more people will stop playing H5. 343i needs to limit the number of players in a fireteam or make a separate playlist where companies can fight other companies. Otherwise, they are just encouraging people to dump H5.

The problem is, nothing in Halo 5 is really casual, except for the upcoming Firefight mode. If there is ever a PvP element to anything, even if the mode is primarily PvE, it will eventually turn into a competitive game mode. It is honestly why I don’t venture into Warzone unless I got some Spartan Company guys with me.

I only play warzone for more req points other than that it is kind of boring I am tired of warden eternal…

yeah, they need to add more maps made from the community. Like they did with BTB.

> 2533274915643658;4:
> The problem is, nothing in Halo 5 is really casual, except for the upcoming Firefight mode. If there is ever a PvP element to anything, even if the mode is primarily PvE, it will eventually turn into a competitive game mode. It is honestly why I don’t venture into Warzone unless I got some Spartan Company guys with me.

I don’t find that to be the case. For me, Warzone is a casual, warmup gamemode where I can get some easy kills and just have a good time.

Honestly, Halo 5 in general has lost it’s luster a long time ago.

The campaign has a subpar story, along with pretty much no character development.
The multiplayer suffered from a lack of gamemodes at launch, and has an unnecessarily large amount of abilities that could’ve been condensed into a few abilities.
Map design, in my opinion, is terrible, throwing all tactics out the window in the first minute of any given match.
Custom games, along with the file browser, has been severely neutered.
And forge is actually really great. Quite a shame that wasn’t used to its full potential.

Warzone is still really fun for me since it facilitates my style of play
i can sit back at mid to long range and pick off people that are focusing on my other teammates so it hasn’t gotten old for me yet

The losing team doesn’t deserve to have anything to help them win or comeback… They lost fair and square. They need to work for a comeback, not be handed a free and easy comeback

> 2533275036929722;10:
> The losing team doesn’t deserve to have anything to help them win or comeback… They lost fair and square. They need to work for a comeback, not be handed a free and easy comeback

No one is asking for a free handout. Most people are asking for separate playlists for companies and randoms.

> 2533274980224085;7:
> > 2533274915643658;4:
> > The problem is, nothing in Halo 5 is really casual, except for the upcoming Firefight mode. If there is ever a PvP element to anything, even if the mode is primarily PvE, it will eventually turn into a competitive game mode. It is honestly why I don’t venture into Warzone unless I got some Spartan Company guys with me.
>
>
> I don’t find that to be the case. For me, Warzone is a casual, warmup gamemode where I can get some easy kills and just have a good time.

Yeah I say it’s 50/50 for me. But in the mid to late mornings central time, even early afternoon. It’s way more casual. People aren’t on or the try hards aren’t.

I find it boring due to the lack of maps. There should of been like 10 warzone maps from the get go.

> 2533275036929722;10:
> The losing team doesn’t deserve to have anything to help them win or comeback… They lost fair and square. They need to work for a comeback, not be handed a free and easy comeback

That’s okay if skill level is the case. A lot of the time though, the losing team loses because the other team keeps spawning in banshees and scorpions over and over. I haven’t had a single banshee ultra or ghost ultra card, yet there are people at half of my rank that can afford to spawn them over and over again. Warzone is a pay to win experience. And those who can’t afford it should be given some kind of chance to fight back.

WZ is fun if you just wanna chill and joke around with your friends. Being in a high-level company, it’s not typically competitive anymore and usually you just end up messing around. Occasionally a sweaty game pops up and things get really intense, which is super fun, but that doesn’t happen all too often.

I do wish there was a bit more variety though. I’ve said from the beginning that enemy and boss spawns, both type and location, should be a bit more randomized to mix things up. It’d make it a bit harder for teams to gain complete map control and lock down all the points.