Warzone Frustration And The Want For Halo 3 Swords

Here I am again, mouthing off my frustration with Warzone, and I’m sure you’re tired of hearing me.
The mad for a few reasons…
Loss after Loss after Loss, having winning games, but no fun out of it, allies who don’t go for the legendary boss, especially when the enemy team is in the lead by a huge margin, lack of spawn protection, and feeling like there’s a huge target on my head. I’m sure that there are a lot of people here that can relate.

Lately, my aim has been terrible with DMR, Magnum, and BR battles. I don’t know why, but it just has. And sometimes it’s either I’m about to win the battle when an ally comes, steals my kill, and then i die from another enemy. I don’t understand why is it that when you die from an A.I. or assist in killing an A.I., it shows up on the scoreboard or the pause button while you’re playing the game, but when you kill A.I., all it does is boost your advancement towards your next REQ level and not appear as a kill.

I only feel like there’s a big target on my head because generally when I spawn, I die quickly when an enemy is camping in the base.

As for the allies not going for the boss, that really frustrates me. My allies tend to mostly focus on either killing enemy Spartans or go for the bases. Whenever my/our team is doing poorly or we’re neck and neck with the enemy team, they never seem to go for the boss, which results in me being the only one. Sometimes I get it, other times either I’m killed before I can deliver the finishing blow, or an enemy takes it. I just hate soloing the boss so much. Not to mention the fact that the first Legendary boss on Stormbreak and Darkstar are so easy to kill.

I really wish this game provided spawn protection, about 3-5 seconds at least. That would give players either playing Super Fiesta, Warzone, or any game type for that matter a fighting chance.

I really do hate rage quitting which is something I rarely do, but it does happen sometimes. The last good game I had was a few days ago where I wrecked the enemy team with a Hannibal Wasp, and mostly with my favorite vehicle, the Ultra Banshee. I can have a good game even when my team loses, because I do a decent job and the game is fair where the teams are neck and neck and you feel the tension rising as the score gets closer to 1000.

With the thumbnail attached, I miss the old way sword battles used to work. Like in Halo 3 where it was a matter of speed or someone coming in to kill you or someone else. The new sword battles now are boring. Does anyone else miss that? 343, please bring that back. And make Warzone Assault like Invasion where the teams switch after a round. That or just have Invasion if we’ll be able to play as Elites again.

One frustration I also want to express is how the Mantis and the Wasp are glass canons. I could be flying high in the air with a Wasp with full health and get killed by one Railgun shot, killing me, but my Wasp is still alive. The Mantis, I can understand, but I had a Hannibal Mantis going on against a Scorpion tank. I don’t know if it was an Oni Tank or Regular tank, but it looked it had taken no damage. Really?

I feel your pain dude. I play warzone occasionally and get mad at it because of the players who have wasted money instead of grinding like I have to get all of the legendary and exotics. I can’t no longer walk two metres without being violated by a Prophets Bane just outside my base. Not to mention the amount of legendary vehicles swarming spawn, most of the time the enemy team has used up all the vehicle slots. Also with many players deciding to leave the game also becomes harder to play as I get overrun by sweaty -Yoink-.

Yeah, I have a fair understanding of your pain

> 2535429556959354;1:
> Here I am again, mouthing off my frustration with Warzone, and I’m sure you’re tired of hearing me.

Well perhaps you should simply stop playing warzone for a while if it isn’t working? Practice running solo legendary dying less than 5 times per mission or pushing yourself in rank. or take a break entirely.

> but no fun out of it, allies who don’t go for the legendary boss, especially when the enemy team is in the lead by a huge margin, lack of spawn protection

Stop waiting for people to take lead and go for the boss yourself then normally a person will follow especially when their health is low. People probably stop going for the boss because it makes more sense to let the other team go split between defending and getting bosses while your team storms bases.
Why do you need spawn protection? Move around or don’t rush out upon spawning.

> I could be flying high in the air with a Wasp with full health and get killed by one Railgun shot

Realistically speaking it would only take one rocket to take out a helicopter let alone a Wasp, aerial vehicles are meant to be maneuverable to avoid damage not tank shots.

> 2533274835488730;3:
> > 2535429556959354;1:
> > Here I am again, mouthing off my frustration with Warzone, and I’m sure you’re tired of hearing me.
>
> Well perhaps you should simply stop playing warzone for a while if it isn’t working? Practice running solo legendary dying less than 5 times per mission or pushing yourself in rank. or take a break entirely.
>
>
>
>
> > but no fun out of it, allies who don’t go for the legendary boss, especially when the enemy team is in the lead by a huge margin, lack of spawn protection
>
> Stop waiting for people to take lead and go for the boss yourself then normally a person will follow especially when their health is low. People probably stop going for the boss because it makes more sense to let the other team go split between defending and getting bosses while your team storms bases.
> Why do you need spawn protection? Move around or don’t rush out upon spawning.
>
>
>
>
> > I could be flying high in the air with a Wasp with full health and get killed by one Railgun shot
>
> Realistically speaking it would only take one rocket to take out a helicopter let alone a Wasp, aerial vehicles are meant to be maneuverable to avoid damage not tank shots.

I see your points and they’re really well laid out, but I’m not exactly the sort of person to give up easily. Even if the odds are impossible I’ll either push through with cleched teeth and emerge with, either a butt load of kills or a victory. Either that or I’ll just start rapid-firing insults at my xbox. I’m the sort of guy who often plays by the rules and if someone is doing something they’re not supposed to that makes them win it really gets to me.

> I see your points and they’re really well laid out, but I’m not exactly the sort of person to give up easily. Even if the odds are impossible I’ll either push through with cleched teeth and emerge with, either a butt load of kills or a victory. Either that or I’ll just start rapid-firing insults at my xbox. I’m the sort of guy who often plays by the rules and if someone is doing something they’re not supposed to that makes them win it really gets to me.

I suggested taking a break instead of continuing playing a gametype that’s stressing you out and lowering your K/D. it doesn’t make sense to keep repeating a method that isn’t working.

> I’m the sort of guy who often plays by the rules and if someone is doing something they’re not supposed to that makes them win it really gets to me.

That’s probably why you’re losing, sticking to a rigid method of playing you see a “correct” instead of innovating or trying different styles for a situation. Not gonna lie, after a few minutes in a match there are certain player’s i’ll specifically hunt down because they are doing too good or i notice how easy it is to track them down. Most of the time they never change style which causes me going after those players the whole match because i know it’s breaking the team’s flow.

If you keep doing the same crap then you aren’t going to improve and games will reflect so. All the advice/critique i can give.

> 2533274835488730;5:
> > I see your points and they’re really well laid out, but I’m not exactly the sort of person to give up easily. Even if the odds are impossible I’ll either push through with cleched teeth and emerge with, either a butt load of kills or a victory. Either that or I’ll just start rapid-firing insults at my xbox. I’m the sort of guy who often plays by the rules and if someone is doing something they’re not supposed to that makes them win it really gets to me.
>
> I suggested taking a break instead of continuing playing a gametype that’s stressing you out and lowering your K/D. it doesn’t make sense to keep repeating a method that isn’t working.
>
>
>
>
> > I’m the sort of guy who often plays by the rules and if someone is doing something they’re not supposed to that makes them win it really gets to me.
>
> That’s probably why you’re losing, sticking to a rigid method of playing you see a “correct” instead of innovating or trying different styles for a situation. Not gonna lie, after a few minutes in a match there are certain player’s i’ll specifically hunt down because they are doing too good or i notice how easy it is to track them down. Most of the time they never change style which causes me going after those players the whole match because i know it’s breaking the team’s flow.
>
> If you keep doing the same crap then you aren’t going to improve and games will reflect so. All the advice/critique i can give.

That’s why I’m playing Gears 4. And I just learned that a new skin will be appearing tomorrow that’ll make you look like a knight.

Honestly, it’s one of the reasons I stopped playing regular Warzone. It just always felt like everyone was too busy trying to bash each others heads in resulting in a loss because the other team was smarter and got all the bonus points for bagging the bosses. So I stick to Warzone Firefight.