Warzone Firefight Vehicle Betrayals

Now that pretty much everyone and their mother has taken a fancy to Ghosts and Scout Hogs, I’m beginning to get splattered inside armories. People are so utterly reckless with vehicles that most of the time, I don’t die by the AI, but by some Ghost boosting in trying to kill a boss in the Garage.

There’s pretty much no safe spot, as practically all of the ground is fair game for Ghost drivers.

Am I the only one frustrated by 343’s strange decision to keep vehicle betrayals on, and people’s utter lack of spatial awareness? Why even keep splatter betrayals on if you turned off betrayal by gun?

Fun fact: it seems easier for me to completely deplete a teammate’s shield by accidentally taping him ever so lightly with the back of a Ghost than killing an enemy by boosting, Something seems to be off with the damage.

That reminds me. Earlier, someone managed to get a Banshee stuck in a full armory. I think that at least 3 peeps got squashed. Good times.

Sorry but I tend to have more sympathy for the people who are forced to navigate their vehicles around people who are on foot but really shouldn’t be. This splatterable boss inside the garage wouldn’t happen to be the Soldier bosses from round 5 on Escape from ARC, by any chance? If that’s the case, what are you doing outside a vehicle on round 5? Don’t get in the way of people who are trying to splatter bosses.

I’m really tired of playing firefight and having to carefully navigate my vehicle around people who should not be getting in my way, and should not be on foot to begin with, so forgive me if I can’t find much sympathy for this post. I know it’s annoying to get splattered by teammates but people running around getting in the way of vehicles has been a much more prevalent issue, in my experience.

Now I’ll tell you the usual reason given for why they left betrayals on for vehicle splattering but not weapon damage: if you couldn’t kill teammates by ramming them with vehicles, then they would just get sent flying from getting rammed. And that would be almost as annoying as getting killed anyway, not to mention potentially allowing for exploits where players could get into places on the map where they shouldn’t be.

> 2533274904158628;3:
> Sorry but I tend to have more sympathy for the people who are forced to navigate their vehicles around people who are on foot but really shouldn’t be. This splatterable boss inside the garage wouldn’t happen to be the Soldier bosses from round 5 on Escape from ARC, by any chance? If that’s the case, what are you doing outside a vehicle on round 5? Don’t get in the way of people who are trying to splatter bosses.
>
> I’m really tired of playing firefight and having to carefully navigate my vehicle around people who should not be getting in my way, and should not be on foot to begin with, so forgive me if I can’t find much sympathy for this post. I know it’s annoying to get splattered by teammates but people running around getting in the way of vehicles has been a much more prevalent issue, in my experience.
>
> Now I’ll tell you the usual reason given for why they left betrayals on for vehicle splattering but not weapon damage: if you couldn’t kill teammates by ramming them with vehicles, then they would just get sent flying from getting rammed. And that would be almost as annoying as getting killed anyway, not to mention potentially allowing for exploits where players could get into places on the map where they shouldn’t be.

While I do agree that there are instances where there really shouldn’t be people on foot, I don’t think we’re on the same page here. I’m talking about Ghosts moving through player packed armories to get Elite kills and Warthogs trying to get that Knight boss kill in the middle base on Prospect, places that are way too cramped for vehicles.

And as for turning off vehicle betrayals, it’s much better for me to get launched straight up in the air, land, and keep the Ad Victoriam I just REQ’d in. As long as it doesn’t launch you stupidly high, this is a very solvable problem. There are also times where Elites don’t die from splatters, but instead get a light little nudge. You could make that bug a feature and apply it to friendly Spartans.

[deleted]

> 2533274944752684;4:
> While I do agree that there are instances where there really shouldn’t be people on foot, I don’t think we’re on the same page here. I’m talking about Ghosts moving through player packed armories to get Elite kills and Warthogs trying to get that Knight boss kill in the middle base on Prospect, places that are way too cramped for vehicles.

I don’t disagree that there are lots of times when vehicle drivers need to be more careful, especially in those situations. Personally I would never run down teammates just to get more kills.

However, that said, I have to point out that vehicles are still the most effective way to deal with rounds with enemies and bosses in places that are way too cramped for vehicles. If anything I’d say it’s 343’s fault for designing a game mode in which weapons are essentially useless compared to vehicles, but then letting it happen in places where vehicles have trouble fitting into. It’s true they should often be more careful, but you can’t really blame players for trying to force their way in there with vehicles when it’s the most effective thing to do.

> 2533274944752684;4:
> And as for turning off vehicle betrayals, it’s much better for me to get launched straight up in the air, land, and keep the Ad Victoriam I just REQ’d in. As long as it doesn’t launch you stupidly high, this is a very solvable problem. There are also times where Elites don’t die from splatters, but instead get a light little nudge. You could make that bug a feature and apply it to friendly Spartans.

I guess I’d be fine with that too, although I doubt they will make such a change in Halo 5. Maybe in Halo 6

> 2535424330390130;5:
> Oh man, when you get that nice fresh level 8 REQ weapon only to be splattered by your team mate and have to wait for that 30 second spawn time.
>
> The frustration…

That sucks but honestly if you’re at req level 8 in firefight, you shouldn’t be calling in weapons at all. I’m not saying this gives them a right to splatter you, but they are being far more effective than you are, if it’s that late in the game and they’re in a vehicle and you’re not. I’m sure it is very frustrating to call in a weapon and get ran over by someone, but I’d say the best way to solve that problem is to stop calling in weapons in firefight. Not only will you not get splattered by teammates but you’ll also be vastly more effective. Two birds, one stone

> 2533274944752684;4:
> I’m talking about Ghosts moving through player packed armories to get Elite kills and Warthogs trying to get that Knight boss kill in the middle base on Prospect, places that are way too cramped for vehicles.
>
> And as for turning off vehicle betrayals, it’s much better for me to get launched straight up in the air, land, and keep the Ad Victoriam I just REQ’d in. As long as it doesn’t launch you stupidly high, this is a very solvable problem.

It’s cramped, but that doesn’t mean people shouldn’t use vehicles. Both parties just need to be aware of their surroundings. You might get thrown straight up in the air or you might get thrown across the map and off a cliff. I’d rather deal with getting betrayed because then I can at least get the option to boot them if they keep doing it on purpose.

I know the feeling I’ve been intentionally team killed by small clans and the people at the bottom of the leaderboard

However it’s a two way street under normal circumstances. When vehicles are in play you need to be alert as some people don’t care if they run down a teammate. I try to avoid it at all costs but you also need to move as I might not be able to stop or move out of the way in time. There’s been too many times where I’ve come close to splattering someone and they didn’t even try to get out of the way. In firefight you shouldn’t be in the middle of the roads anyway during swarm rounds as you’ll be gunned down easily if the enemy gets too close and you’re in the way of vehicles.

I primarly play Warzone Firefight so it might be different if you’re coming from assault or regular Warzone.

> 2727626560040591;7:
> > 2533274944752684;4:
> > I’m talking about Ghosts moving through player packed armories to get Elite kills and Warthogs trying to get that Knight boss kill in the middle base on Prospect, places that are way too cramped for vehicles.
> >
> > And as for turning off vehicle betrayals, it’s much better for me to get launched straight up in the air, land, and keep the Ad Victoriam I just REQ’d in. As long as it doesn’t launch you stupidly high, this is a very solvable problem.
>
> It’s cramped, but that doesn’t mean people shouldn’t use vehicles. Both parties just need to be aware of their surroundings. You might get thrown straight up in the air or you might get thrown across the map and off a cliff. I’d rather deal with getting betrayed because then I can at least get the option to boot them if they keep doing it on purpose.

Again, it’s practically impossible to justify using a Ghost in the armory. There’s definitely a priority for vehicles in Firefight, but that by no means gives them the right of way in an armory or a middle base, as a lot of people have most likely REQ’d in heavy weapons for inside bosses. Vehicles are to be used in large tunnels (ala Escape from A.R.C and Stormbreak) or open areas. Common sense, just like how no one sane joyrides through a mall.

And in in the second half of my reply to Nate00000000000, I did also say that you could be nudged after a ram as a solution, mimicking the strange phenomenon seen when trying to splatter Elites. Very solvable. Everyone keeps their REQ’s, the rammed and the rammer are relatively unaffected. Simple.

> 2533274904158628;6:
> > 2533274944752684;4:
> >
>
>
>
> > 2533274944752684;4:
> >
>
>
>
> > 2535424330390130;5:
> > Oh man, when you get that nice fresh level 8 REQ weapon only to be splattered by your team mate and have to wait for that 30 second spawn time.
> >
> > The frustration…
>
> That sucks but honestly if you’re at req level 8 in firefight, you shouldn’t be calling in weapons at all.

Nate, I’m not disagreeing with you at all. You are 100% right. But there is still a huge problem here and the problem is the deeply flawed premise behind Warzone. When we have a game mode where Thurisaz Rune is frustrated because he’s doing something completely legitimate, and where you can (quite correctly) say that he “shouldn’t” be doing it, then what we have is an extremely rigid, inflexible, and probably low-replayability piece of game design on our hands. I know Warzone was a huge deal for the first year or so of this game, but lately everybody seems to be complaining about long search times and I have to wonder if the charm or WZ has worn away to the point that the real mechanisms of the mode are laid bare… and maybe found a little wanting? I certainly wouldn’t want to speak for others, but that’s how WZ worked for me…

Weapons should really only be used in normal WZ, and even then it’s still better to call in a vehicle rather than a weapon. The only time I would call in a high level weapon is during a one-sided WZ match where my team clearly has the upper hand, so it’s less of a risk calling in something like a Nornfang or Gavel.

Vehicles pretty much dominate WZFF, and I’ve learned several times that weapons don’t provide the same advantages as vehicles, especially during the final rounds, so I’d just recommend that you save weapons for normal WZ only. It does suck that 343 kept betraying with vehicles on, but I can’t really see any changes coming to that soon or any real reason to implement them.

> 2535459981281278;11:
> Weapons should really only be used in normal WZ, and even then it’s still better to call in a vehicle rather than a weapon. The only time I would call in a high level weapon is during a one-sided WZ match where my team clearly has the upper hand, so it’s less of a risk calling in something like a Nornfang or Gavel.
>
> Vehicles pretty much dominate WZFF, and I’ve learned several times that weapons don’t provide the same advantages as vehicles, especially during the final rounds, so I’d just recommend that you save weapons for normal WZ only. It does suck that 343 kept betraying with vehicles on, but I can’t really see any changes coming to that soon or any real reason to implement them.

Yes, but in my original post I did put an emphasis on this happening inside bases. From the sound of a lot of these replies, you guys seem to think I’m some idiot who’s running around mid-map with a rocket launcher. Seriously people, I know that round 5 is vehicles only. I’m talking about rounds 2-3. I know that weapons suck very much compared to vehicles in WZFF, but there is a limit to their utility, and that utility ends inside a base. That’s not even out of the courtesy of not ramming other players, it’s because it’s suicide. Vehicles not being as responsive movement-wise as a free Spartan makes them an easy kill for inside bosses (because they’re typically Scattershot or Incinerator Knights), so it’s very annoying to see my second-to-last Blood of Suban go to some Ghost that blows up 5 seconds later.

> 2535424330390130;5:
> Oh man, when you get that nice fresh level 8 REQ weapon only to be splattered by your team mate and have to wait for that 30 second spawn time.
>
> The frustration…

Lol. Happened to a guy on my team who got the invis sword and he got splattered and rage quit.

> 2533274944752684;9:
> Again, it’s practically impossible to justify using a Ghost in the armory.

> 2533274944752684;12:
> I know that weapons suck very much compared to vehicles in WZFF, but there is a limit to their utility, and that utility ends inside a base.

No, I’m trying to tell you that’s not true. Even in cramped conditions, vehicles are much more useful than weapons. Those people who were trying to splatter the bosses inside of buildings were being much more effective than everyone else running in there with weapons. Trust me, if you want to be optimally effective in Warzone Firefight, you’ll be in a vehicle any time after round 1 and sometimes even during it. Weapons aren’t ever on par with vehicles even during rounds 2-3, with the possible exception of vehicle boss rounds since they’re vulnerable to Spartan lasers and plasma pistols.

But what I’m saying applies to people who actually know how to use those vehicles. If you’re seeing people drive Ghosts into buildings and promptly get blown up by incinerator knights, then they might have not been the most experienced Ghost drivers (or just plain reckless). But I use Ghosts to fight bosses inside of buildings all the time and I rarely have a problem doing so. And I know that if I ran in there with weapons instead, I’d be doing far less damage and much more likely to die. You’d be surprised at how easy it is to maneuver Ghosts and even Warthogs inside of buildings, provided there aren’t too many people on foot getting in the way.

> 2533274873843883;10:
> Nate, I’m not disagreeing with you at all. You are 100% right. But there is still a huge problem here and the problem is the deeply flawed premise behind Warzone. When we have a game mode where Thurisaz Rune is frustrated because he’s doing something completely legitimate, and where you can (quite correctly) say that he “shouldn’t” be doing it, then what we have is an extremely rigid, inflexible, and probably low-replayability piece of game design on our hands. I know Warzone was a huge deal for the first year or so of this game, but lately everybody seems to be complaining about long search times and I have to wonder if the charm or WZ has worn away to the point that the real mechanisms of the mode are laid bare… and maybe found a little wanting? I certainly wouldn’t want to speak for others, but that’s how WZ worked for me…

The fact that I’m right when I say weapons are practically useless compared to vehicles in Warzone Firefight is totally a huge problem and I don’t want anyone to think I’m ok with how it is. I’m telling people to use vehicles instead of weapons not because I think weapons shouldn’t be able to get used (which I don’t), but because 343 has unfortunately designed Warzone Firefight in such a way that it’s the best course of action.

I play a lot of firefight so this problem of how useless weapons are bothers me a lot. You have no idea how much I’d love to be able to open req packs and actually get excited about obtaining powerful weapons. But since I don’t play regular Warzone, I don’t. Spnker Primes and Nornfangs and Tartarus’ Gavels? Sold for points, in the hopes that I can get vehicles instead. It is downright sad, and it’s hard not to be a little annoyed that 343 has been more focused on messing around with the battle rifle or whatever, instead of fixing this massive problem with Warzone Firefight which is one of Halo 5’s most popular game modes.

firefight is my favorite mode on halo 5 but i have wondered why they let us run over and kill teammates as i don’t do it on purpose but you could be driving around and if someone gets in your way you can’t stop or like on the snow map really get out of the way so i end up running players over and feel bad as if the roles were turned around i would be upset to but they have never changed this and i have wondered why, but at least they don’t instantly offer the player who got ran over to boot you for betrayal as that would have been to much.

Y’all are wrong. There have been plenty of times I’ve been top of the leaderboard while on foot getting twice as many kills in later rounds than idiots in vehicles. I’ve gone deathless for entire games on foot so don’t tell me people in vehicles are more effective. Jumped into a game halfway through round 4, objective was to kill knights. I was on foot with the answer as soon as I spawned, killed 6 knights while people in vehicles were driving around aimlessly trying to get to the enemy. Got the last few kills while some guy in a banshee was trying to shoot them and his response was to splatter me. Don’t sit there and tell me I shouldn’t be on foot, you shouldn’t be so weak you need a vehicle to survive. Play smarter.

I still find joy in the fact that if I die and spawn a vehicle or power weapon I’m gonna start at the furthest point from the objective as possible. I agree, who is “not” in a vehicle on round 5? I mean C’mon, do ya want a “W” or not? Yeah you can do round 5 without one but if you look around, at least 2 maybe 3 of your teammates are in them.
-Cheers

They just need to turn off own team splatter killing. It’s too easy to get nudged by a warthog or ghost and lose your req or boss kill. And why do people keep ghost boosting in cramped spaces?

> 2535415889791920;18:
> They just need to turn off own team splatter killing.

Would you rather get splattered a few times and then have the option to boot that person or would you rather get bumped all over the map for the entire game by some Dbag and never get a boot option? For me, I’ll take the first option.

> 2727626560040591;19:
> > 2535415889791920;18:
> > They just need to turn off own team splatter killing.
>
> Would you rather get splattered a few times and then have the option to boot that person or would you rather get bumped all over the map for the entire game by some Dbag and never get a boot option? For me, I’ll take the first option.

The problem it that you only get splattered by the same person once or twice in a match and just lose your req, not enough times to boot them