Warzone Firefight, the hopes and dreams

As some who loves Firefight and other wave based modes in other games I am so happy to see that coming back to Halo. For myself I really have my fingers crossed for certain things to be implemented. As of the time of this post there is no set date so maybe there is time for great additions that may not be in the version now being worked on. So I’ll put up a list of things I would love to see and as it will be a perfect time for other updates to roll out I may add a few things that would tie into making Halo 5 Firefight the bottom line best in this series and will raise the bar for waved based PvE modes in all future games to come.

• Private/LAN support. For the times you want to go it alone or run tactics with friends. - AI followers, both ODST reqs and Spartan reqs with an advance squad control update. So to elaborate as of Warzone now the AI allies and somewhat useless. Having your AI Squad (5 ODST’s or 2 Spartans) run with you to take bases or eliminate bosses especially if your playing without a mic or if everyone is a party. As far as advanced squad controls just a “hold position” and “rally up” addition. Maybe increase intelligence for Allies to flank better and cover the reviver. - Implement revives. Since there are only AI to worry about and higher reqs will not break the game to access earlier revives could add to the excitement and good stress between waves. - Add objectives for the enemy AI to accomplish as well to objectives for us to complete. This needs to be an actual Warzone with constant engagement with short breaks in between rounds to regroup. The enemies need bigger goals then hold this position here hunt go to enemies and attack. For example, if the elites were bringing a bomb to a base they shouldn’t just walk a straight line to the base only stopping when engaged. They should actually have varied approaches and enemies meant for infiltration and so on. - Add returning enemies. Brutes, Buggers, Skirmishers, sentinels and flood. This one is a definite wish pile. - Upgradable base defensive linked to areas that can be lost or destroyed. Kind of adds on to #4. - On map power weapons that may have to be unlocked from a cache or shield wall. Like having The Fist of Rukt being locked in vault and stopping or beating a Brute Chieftain to it or the containment generator.I could add more ideas and wishes and thoughts but I need to get ready for work. I want to know what the community that likes firefight thinks. Any more ideas? Please post them here so we can discuss and hopefully one of the big dogs will take notice like they did with the PVE Warzone Lets make it happen post that got us this new great expansion.

Im excited and hope they add a lot of things you mentioned

100% agree with everything you mentioned. Also hope 343 adds in a solo gamemode as well.

The only thing that matters to me here right now is that this will help my kill commendations go up. Hopefully…

Knowing 343i, I doubt it will be as exuberant and elaborate as you described. One can only hope though.

Jetpack?? Is it just me or does anyone else miss the jetpack?

Friendly AI’s would be amazing, seeing a squad of marines getting dropped off in a pelican would be so cool.

> 2533274921316433;6:
> Jetpack?? Is it just me or does anyone else miss the jetpack?

Armor abilities would be nice to see return in an PvE setting. As a permanent req you can turn on like the fast reload or faster shield recharge. Imagine ground pounding to Armour lock and setting off an EMP disabling Wraiths and so on.

Adding things like that as unlocks would keep people playing. Like sweet sweet loot!

> 2533274851412396;7:
> Friendly AI’s would be amazing, seeing a squad of marines getting dropped off in a pelican would be so cool.

This!! Could you imagine a couple of people all using this req and then seeing two, three, or six pelicans all dropping off Marines or ODST’s…HNNNG!!

**** war zone firefight rather have Infection some that has been requested over and over again more than firefight and yet we still haven’t gotten yet once I get my achilles armor I’m leaving this game I’ve lost my patience I’m done waiting

Careful now, a lot of that stuff seems way out of the realm of possibility for 343.

As excited as I am for the return of Firefight, I’m not getting my hopes up. There are a lot of things I’d like it to be, to be a true step up from past Firefight modes. But realistically, I know 343 is just gonna give us Warzone with A.I. only. Maybe one minor thing changed to accommodate the fact it’s PvE, but that’s it. I just know it’s not going to be anything special.

I’m a huge fan of Firefight, so I really hope, that just this one time, I’m completely wrong about 343.

While I do want a Co-op objective based gamemode, I would also like a variant of Firefight like in Reach (sort of). Straight up waves, the only objectives being to defend your bases. It would be the Warzone Assault of Firefight. They try to take your capture points, you defend them, and when you get pushed back to your core (or some major objective) or run out of lives, you lose.
And definitely have some fun commendations, like:
Last Stand - Kill 100 enemies while on your last life.
Can’t Stop - Kill 20 enemies without reloading.
Won’t Stop - Kill 200 enemies without resupplying.
You Know Why I Use a Knife? - Assassinate 20 grunts in one round.
Someone My Own Size - Defeat a boss in Firefight without help from teammates.

They need to at least do an offline mode. At least. As for online though I would love for 343 to utilize that cloud processing. After seeing what Crackdown is doing with it, having the ability to spin up servers when needed just makes me happy for the online gaming future for Xbox One. Lets hope to see more of that

my hope and dream for Warzone firefight is to earn experience and req points for completing the firefights not to mention how much fun it would be to assassinate every enemy AI i can manage to grab, my chosen weapon hands down would be the plasma pistol, i would disable shields and vehicles, with a plasma pistol and a precision weapon i can score plenty of kills in firefight

> 2535431428716693;11:
> **** war zone firefight rather have Infection some that has been requested over and over again more than firefight and yet we still haven’t gotten yet once I get my achilles armor I’m leaving this game I’ve lost my patience I’m done waiting

Bye then. This is a post about what we want. Not another chance to complain.

I hope Warzone Firefight has the medals from multiplayer to be added on the top medals page from the games you complete

Add a offline mode to firefight and forge that’s all I want

I wonder how much xp will be given per game. It should be around the amount normal warzone gives, right?

Please make an offline mode as well (as in no internet connection required)