warzone firefight still too hard?

so they patched warzone firefight, but something tells me that protecting the objective is still going to be an unfair mess.

i have no problem with the difficulty of wave 5. but having enemies spawn right next to the objective was way broken

I never thought it has been too hard myself, although I guess “too hard” is very subjective.

As far as the enemies spawning right on top of the base you are suppose to defend… yeah it blows, although it doesn’t seem like it has been abnormally difficult to me. I think spawning every enemy at a distance from whatever objective that is being defended may make it too easy.

But what I am wondering is…What do you think the success rate should be if WZFF was at your ideal difficulty? Should the average person win 50% of their WZFF games? 75%? I mean, certainly it shouldn’t be so easy to where the average player is winning 100% of FF games, or am I wrong?

> 2533274797328974;2:
> I never thought it has been too hard myself, although I guess “too hard” is very subjective.
>
> As far as the enemies spawning right on top of the base you are suppose to defend… yeah it blows, although it doesn’t seem like it has been abnormally difficult to me. I think spawning every enemy at a distance from whatever objective that is being defended may make it too easy.
>
> But what I am wondering is…What do you think the success rate should be if WZFF was at your ideal difficulty? Should the average person win 50% of their WZFF games? 75%? I mean, certainly it shouldn’t be so easy to where the average player is winning 100% of FF games, or am I wrong?

Don’t know if you’re “wrong” or not… but I do know this. IMO… when people are so focused on how hard a game type is (regardless of which side of the difficulty fence they’re on), I see that as an indicator of a poorly designed game type.

The way I see it, if a game type is both fun and engaging, it doesn’t seem tedious and frustrating to lose a few games and people don’t mind practicing because fun. I think that your “average person” should probably be a little over 50%… emphasis on probably should… because I’m not a game dev. But I don’t need to be one in order to know if I’m having fun.

I think that the priorities for any game/type should be fun, difficulty, stats. It should be fun to play, difficult enough to keep you wanting to come back and get better or just come back for more and even if you’re the type who focuses on stats, they should be an afterthought. The impression I get from the majority of the threads/posts here is difficulty, stats, fun.

When FF was announced I was hoping for a more relaxing alternative to PvP sweaty 24/7 gameplay, not the legendary/mythic level fully stat tracked REQ burner mode we have today. If I wanted to try THIS hard I’d go into all the other gamemodes, you know, where you fight other people.

If I wanted to play something this frustrating, I’d go play Dork Souls.

> 2533274797328974;2:
> I never thought it has been too hard myself, although I guess “too hard” is very subjective.
>
> As far as the enemies spawning right on top of the base you are suppose to defend… yeah it blows, although it doesn’t seem like it has been abnormally difficult to me. I think spawning every enemy at a distance from whatever objective that is being defended may make it too easy.
>
> But what I am wondering is…What do you think the success rate should be if WZFF was at your ideal difficulty? Should the average person win 50% of their WZFF games? 75%? I mean, certainly it shouldn’t be so easy to where the average player is winning 100% of FF games, or am I wrong?

i agree with this man right here! 100%

The only thing that needs to be changed in my opinion is the respawn timer increase. Get rid of it. Other than that it’s fine.

> 2533274797328974;2:
>
>

Success average for PVE Co-op should be more than 50%, the whole reason behind a co-op mode is joining with your friends and having fun, if everyone getting their -Yoinks!- kicked by an impossibly strong enemy with a downright cheating AI and accuracy, then the whole reason behind this co-op game is lost cause no one is having fun.

> 2533274797328974;2:
>
>

win rate should be 60 percent, where there is a chance you win 4/4 times but it’s alright if you happen to drop one or two.
especially because this is a match-made mode and you can’t really guarantee ultra elite tactical teammate’s

as it was when i played before, it felt 50/50 at best, if not even more geared towards the ai even in the lower rounds, (the whole useless req thing)

if i wanted the stress of 50/50, i would have just continued playing normal warzone. but my only complaint about difficulty, is the placement of the enemies on spawn when it comes to defending the objective on wave 3 of urban to be exact, right as the wave started atleast 20 enemies spawn directly next to the spire, not to mention they started as knights. there should be a build up to what is thrown at you when it comes to defending is what i am trying to say,

I’ve been playing Halo since I was a child. I consider myself to be /very/ good at Halo, including Halo 5, despite it’s non-halo mechanics and general feel.
This being said, warzone firefight is entirely unbalanced, and completely broken. There have been times where enemes have spawned on objectives we’re supposed to protect and it be destroyed by the time anyone even gets there to defend it. I’ve had times where banshees spawn above where everyone is at the beginning of the round, and watch them effortlessly laser down 6/8 Spartans on the team, before they can even react. Enemies track you through walls, their projectiles heatseek when they shouldn’t, (I know some enemies/weapons are supposed to have this function, but there are enemies in firefight such as regular knights with regular incineration cannons that do). Theres been times where I’ve been one tapped, from 100% sheilds and health to death, from elites that aren’t even bosses or that have swords. There are times I’ll be peacefully getting different reqs at the end of the round and when I turn back around with my new toy all exited to blast some enemies, I’m met with 10 soldiers that melt my face before I can even m o v e. This game mode and game are a joke, the only decent thing about it is the multiplayer which is full of glitches itself. I’m just exited for 343 to bomb Halo 6 just like they did 4 and 5 and be forced to give the game to a studio that’ll actually do it some justice.

need more grunt mechs. cant find any in firefight

> 2535449682372119;7:
> The only thing that needs to be changed in my opinion is the respawn timer increase. Get rid of it. Other than that it’s fine.

I agree with this sentiment. I haven’t encountered anything that makes it “too hard”.

But the 30 second respawn timer is pretty absurd, and should probably be reduced significantly.

> 2533274935386658;10:
> I’ve been playing Halo since I was a child. I consider myself to be /very/ good at Halo, including Halo 5, despite it’s non-halo mechanics and general feel.
> This being said, warzone firefight is entirely unbalanced, and completely broken. There have been times where enemes have spawned on objectives we’re supposed to protect and it be destroyed by the time anyone even gets there to defend it. I’ve had times where banshees spawn above where everyone is at the beginning of the round, and watch them effortlessly laser down 6/8 Spartans on the team, before they can even react. Enemies track you through walls, their projectiles heatseek when they shouldn’t, (I know some enemies/weapons are supposed to have this function, but there are enemies in firefight such as regular knights with regular incineration cannons that do). Theres been times where I’ve been one tapped, from 100% sheilds and health to death, from elites that aren’t even bosses or that have swords. There are times I’ll be peacefully getting different reqs at the end of the round and when I turn back around with my new toy all exited to blast some enemies, I’m met with 10 soldiers that melt my face before I can even m o v e. This game mode and game are a joke, the only decent thing about it is the multiplayer which is full of glitches itself. I’m just exited for 343 to bomb Halo 6 just like they did 4 and 5 and be forced to give the game to a studio that’ll actually do it some justice.

Don’t revive old threads, Make your own thread next time.
Not mean or bossy.

> 2533274973993017;13:
> Don’t revive old threads, Make your own thread next time.
> Not mean or bossy.

In future it’s best to just report posts as bumping to save bumping it back up yourself