Warzone Firefight or is it?

Firefight was brought to the glorious Halo Universe in the game Halo Reach. In firefight, the player had the options of teaming up with players online, split screen, or even by themselves offline against the computer with no timer. You could virtually spend hours on the same game if you wished. Totally awesome idea that we all agreed needed to be brought into future Halo games. We asked 343 and they listened to us. Did they really though? From what i see for the most part the answer is yes. However there looks to have been some changes that may make a lot of gamers mad including myself. A timer is the first thing that I have heard about. Never actually seen if its true yet from all that I’ve watched but it seems to be there. the second thing is a mystery to all of us. Is there going to be the capability to play offline against the AI’s by yourself? That question is not answered. Doesn’t look to be though and from what has been talked about it sounds like you have to use your req cards in warzone firefight as well. Really, we all paid for the game. I know micro transactions are the new thing 343 but weren’t the fans screwed over by MCC enough, do we really have to pay more? you have your money. Anyways. In conclusion, I ask you my fellow gamers and heroes of the Halo Universe: Is this new Warzone coming out in the months to come really Firefight like we wanted it?

Facts: Original Fire fight were rounds that weren’t timed.
You could play offline by yourself
You could play for hours.
YOU DECIDE

> 2533274820334450;1:
> Firefight was brought to the glorious Halo Universe in the game Halo Reach.

it was Halo 3: ODST, actually.

Now back on topic, I think WF won’t live up to Firefight, but it will be better than Warzone normally is.

You got a small fact wrong. Halo: Reach didn’t give us Firefight, it was ODST.

All I want is an endless firefight wth increasingly difficult odds. The trailer looks like hide and go seek with ai. Its better than nothing though

Isn’t it a bit too early to get so…critical?

Finally someone else with this argument! I thought I was the only one who wanted solo back.

I agree I don’t wanna play firefight with other spartans. It was challenging and better by yourself.

#RememberReach

> 2560081931056311;5:
> Isn’t it a bit too early to get so…critical?

Wrong…pre-judging, getting critical at the drop of a hat, and feeling prematurely disappointed are things many people do with ease on this forum.

Things like waiting patiently and looking at an upcoming event with positive anticipation are rare things around these parts…they’re kinda like unicorns.

> 2533274973681092;2:
> > 2533274820334450;1:
> > Firefight was brought to the glorious Halo Universe in the game Halo Reach.
>
>
> it was Halo 3: ODST, actually.
>
> Now back on topic, I think WF won’t live up to Firefight, but it will be better than Warzone normally is.

It’s not hard to be better than warzone normally is. Warzone sucks in the first place

> 2718244060817008;7:
> > 2560081931056311;5:
> > Isn’t it a bit too early to get so…critical?
>
>
> Wrong…pre-judging, getting critical at the drop of a hat, and feeling prematurely disappointed are things many people do with ease on this forum.
>
> Things like waiting patiently and looking at an upcoming event with positive anticipation are rare things around these parts…they’re kinda like unicorns.

I guess so.

> 2533274884078920;6:
> Finally someone else with this argument! I thought I was the only one who wanted solo back.
>
> I agree I don’t wanna play firefight with other spartans. It was challenging and better by yourself.
>
> #RememberReach

When did anyone ever say that there wasn’t going to be solo play??

I want custom warzone firefight with wave and time editing. But how would the req system work with that? Do we earn req points for the custom games we play? It cant be that hard. Come on 343i Just do that one thing. Is it that hard?

> 2533274820334450;1:
> Firefight was brought to the glorious Halo Universe in the game Halo Reach. In firefight, the player had the options of teaming up with players online, split screen, or even by themselves offline against the computer with no timer. You could virtually spend hours on the same game if you wished. Totally awesome idea that we all agreed needed to be brought into future Halo games. We asked 343 and they listened to us. Did they really though? From what i see for the most part the answer is yes. However there looks to have been some changes that may make a lot of gamers mad including myself. A timer is the first thing that I have heard about. Never actually seen if its true yet from all that I’ve watched but it seems to be there. the second thing is a mystery to all of us. Is there going to be the capability to play offline against the AI’s by yourself? That question is not answered. Doesn’t look to be though and from what has been talked about it sounds like you have to use your req cards in warzone firefight as well. Really, we all paid for the game. I know micro transactions are the new thing 343 but weren’t the fans screwed over by MCC enough, do we really have to pay more? you have your money. Anyways. In conclusion, I ask you my fellow gamers and heroes of the Halo Universe: Is this new Warzone coming out in the months to come really Firefight like we wanted it?
>
> Facts: Original Fire fight were rounds that weren’t timed.
> You could play offline by yourself
> You could play for hours.
> YOU DECIDE

It’s a variation of Firefight. Not the original. I’m going to view it as a worthwhile alternative to the normal arena / warzone grind. Will also be a good way to finish the enemy commendations.

You can’t play the game offline; they’re not gonna change that now, especially since you need live to even download the game mode when its out.

Also, hours? Firefight was the most boring, repetitive game mode ever.

I’m pretty sure it’ll be a mix of Warzone and Firefight. Hence the name. I doubt very much it’ll be a rehash of the original Firefight from ODST.

> 2533274797413165;13:
> You can’t play the game offline; they’re not gonna change that now, especially since you need live to even download the game mode when its out.
>
> Also, hours? Firefight was the most boring, repetitive game mode ever.

We don’t know this yet…literally nothing has been said about it.

> 2560081931056311;10:
> > 2533274884078920;6:
> > Finally someone else with this argument! I thought I was the only one who wanted solo back.
> >
> > I agree I don’t wanna play firefight with other spartans. It was challenging and better by yourself.
> >
> > #RememberReach
>
>
> When did anyone ever say that there wasn’t going to be solo play??

There won’t be. No one wants it more than I do, but 343 believes that the whole point of xbox live is multiplayer gaming. Playing “score attack” on Reach put you in matchmaking, but there was no “multiplayer” component whatsoever. It wasn’t “competitive” in the way that they think of competition, and it doesn’t drive players into a position where team work is seen to be a desirable skill, and it doesn’t encourage anyone to join a Spartan Company. I’m sad about it, but there it is.

> 2533274873843883;16:
> > 2560081931056311;10:
> > > 2533274884078920;6:
> > > Finally someone else with this argument! I thought I was the only one who wanted solo back.
> > >
> > > I agree I don’t wanna play firefight with other spartans. It was challenging and better by yourself.
> > >
> > > #RememberReach
> >
> >
> > When did anyone ever say that there wasn’t going to be solo play??
>
>
> There won’t be. No one wants it more than I do, but 343 believes that the whole point of xbox live is multiplayer gaming. Playing “score attack” on Reach put you in matchmaking, but there was no “multiplayer” component whatsoever. It wasn’t “competitive” in the way that they think of competition, and it doesn’t drive players into a position where team work is seen to be a desirable skill, and it doesn’t encourage anyone to join a Spartan Company. I’m sad about it, but there it is.

You don’t know that though. They haven’t made any announcements about that aspect of the game.

> 2560081931056311;17:
> > 2533274873843883;16:
> > > 2560081931056311;10:
> > > > 2533274884078920;6:
> > > > Finally someone else with this argument! I thought I was the only one who wanted solo back.
> > > >
> > > > I agree I don’t wanna play firefight with other spartans. It was challenging and better by yourself.
> > > >
> > > > #RememberReach
> > >
> > >
> > > When did anyone ever say that there wasn’t going to be solo play??
> >
> >
> > There won’t be. No one wants it more than I do, but 343 believes that the whole point of xbox live is multiplayer gaming. Playing “score attack” on Reach put you in matchmaking, but there was no “multiplayer” component whatsoever. It wasn’t “competitive” in the way that they think of competition, and it doesn’t drive players into a position where team work is seen to be a desirable skill, and it doesn’t encourage anyone to join a Spartan Company. I’m sad about it, but there it is.
>
>
> You don’t know that though. They haven’t made any announcements about that aspect of the game.

I don’t know it, but I feel it in my bones, and I’m seldom wrong about things like this.

There simply isn’t enough time (assuming a June time-frame) for a cumbersome corporate bureaucracy to deliver anything more than a twelve man, team-based firefight mode that is anything more than current Warzone + more enemy AI. A Reach-style firefight mode, with solo and team-based matchmade game play and fully customizable firefight game play outside of matchmaking? That’s enough content to practically constitute a game all its own, and there is no way that they can drop that in a… what? Four, maybe five months? Not possible. A five month window isn’t enough to get a cop to my house on a 911 call - it certainly isn’t enough to build a new game mode on the same scale as Reach’s firefight.

> 2560081931056311;17:
> > 2533274873843883;16:
> > > 2560081931056311;10:
> > > > 2533274884078920;6:
> > > > Finally someone else with this argument! I thought I was the only one who wanted solo back.
> > > >
> > > > I agree I don’t wanna play firefight with other spartans. It was challenging and better by yourself.
> > > >
> > > > #RememberReach
> > >
> > >
> > > When did anyone ever say that there wasn’t going to be solo play??
> >
> >
> > There won’t be. No one wants it more than I do, but 343 believes that the whole point of xbox live is multiplayer gaming. Playing “score attack” on Reach put you in matchmaking, but there was no “multiplayer” component whatsoever. It wasn’t “competitive” in the way that they think of competition, and it doesn’t drive players into a position where team work is seen to be a desirable skill, and it doesn’t encourage anyone to join a Spartan Company. I’m sad about it, but there it is.
>
>
> You don’t know that though. They haven’t made any announcements about that aspect of the game.

I’m not a betting kind of person but I can bet almost anything I have that there won’t be solo. It’s “warzone” firefight. Nothing warzone has ever been a solo mode.

> 2533274873843883;18:
> > 2560081931056311;17:
> > > 2533274873843883;16:
> > > > 2560081931056311;10:
> > > > > 2533274884078920;6:
> > > > > Finally someone else with this argument! I thought I was the only one who wanted solo back.
> > > > >
> > > > > I agree I don’t wanna play firefight with other spartans. It was challenging and better by yourself.
> > > > >
> > > > > #RememberReach
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > When did anyone ever say that there wasn’t going to be solo play??
> > >
> > >
> > > There won’t be. No one wants it more than I do, but 343 believes that the whole point of xbox live is multiplayer gaming. Playing “score attack” on Reach put you in matchmaking, but there was no “multiplayer” component whatsoever. It wasn’t “competitive” in the way that they think of competition, and it doesn’t drive players into a position where team work is seen to be a desirable skill, and it doesn’t encourage anyone to join a Spartan Company. I’m sad about it, but there it is.
> >
> >
> > You don’t know that though. They haven’t made any announcements about that aspect of the game.
>
>
> I don’t know it, but I feel it in my bones, and I’m seldom wrong about things like this.
>
> There simply isn’t enough time (assuming a June time-frame) for a cumbersome corporate bureaucracy to deliver anything more than a twelve man, team-based firefight mode that is anything more than current Warzone + more enemy AI. A Reach-style firefight mode, with solo and team-based matchmade game play and fully customizable firefight game play outside of matchmaking? That’s enough content to practically constitute a game all its own, and there is no way that they can drop that in a… what? Four, maybe five months? Not possible. A five month window isn’t enough to get a cop to my house on a 911 call - it certainly isn’t enough to build a new game mode on the same scale as Reach’s firefight.

That’s the point, we don’t know yet, so there isn’t much of a reason to get upset about it yet.

That just makes you sound douchey…