Warzone Firefight on Urban definitely is too tough

Even on Heroic, that objective with the 4 soldiers on top of the armory followed by 3 wardens in the base is extremely challenging and often failed. On Legendary it’s downright impossible. Maybe now can we get this objective removed and replaced?

It’s not that tough on Heroic anymore, right? :slightly_smiling_face:

> 2535468263937860;2:
> It’s not that tough on Heroic anymore, right? :slightly_smiling_face:

The map as a whole is not, it’s just that particular boss objective.

No you just need to know how to play the round for victory. First of all there is only room for 1 incompetent teammate at max. Then you need to have a balance between high REQ weapons and vehicles. And lastly common sense is required. Overall I pass that round 1 out of 2.5 games, it’s really not that hard.

EDIT: The soilders should also be eliminated in 15 seconds by a simple splat.

> 2533274985084926;4:
> No you just need to know how to play the round for victory. First of all there is only room for 1 incompetent teammate at max. Then you need to have a balance between high REQ weapons and vehicles. And lastly common sense is required. Overall I pass that round 1 out of 2.5 games, it’s really not that hard.
>
> EDIT: The soilders should also be eliminated in 15 seconds by a simple splat.

That’s the issue. In Matchmaking, I get on average 2 or 3 teammates that don’t pull their own weight, or teammates who can play well but refuse to spawn the necessary REQs for that round.

It’s not tough with some strategy. The soldiers on the roof are quickly and easily splattered with a banshee or good ghost driver or can be taken down with some one in a wraith.

> 2533274827215546;1:
> Even on Heroic, that objective with the 4 soldiers on top of the armory followed by 3 wardens in the base is extremely challenging and often failed. On Legendary it’s downright impossible. Maybe now can we get this objective removed and replaced?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to offend you or be an -Yoink-, but maybe you’re not good enough or don’t have a good strategy? I often find myself losing a round in Firefight but if you play it enough or ask around, you might find the right strategy for the job. Anyway, I wouldn’t be surprised that it’s really hard since it’s on Heroic Difficulty.

> 2535429585915411;7:
> > 2533274827215546;1:
> > Even on Heroic, that objective with the 4 soldiers on top of the armory followed by 3 wardens in the base is extremely challenging and often failed. On Legendary it’s downright impossible. Maybe now can we get this objective removed and replaced?
>
> Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to offend you or be an -Yoink-, but maybe you’re not good enough or don’t have a good strategy? I often find myself losing a round in Firefight but if you play it enough or ask around, you might find the right strategy for the job. Anyway, I wouldn’t be surprised that it’s really hard since it’s on Heroic Difficulty.

Regardless, this is disproportionately difficult compared to the other round 5’s. With the people you match with in matchmaking, it typically doesn’t work out regardless of how well I play. This is a map that requires an actual team, unlike all of the others.

It’s not that it’s hard, it’s extremely tedious, leaves little room for error, and the game itself is actively working against you.

  • The map is really bad with all of the cars and blockades making it hard for vehicle movement. - The fact that the Soldiers are on top of the Armory means the game is almost asking you to spawn a Banshee and run them down, because you’re not fighting them on foot, and you’ll need good aim with a Tank/Wraith to do something similar. But then you’ll realize that Banshee is useless on the Wardens. - The Wardens are still inside the Home Base with a bunch of Prometheans guarding them. I thought 343i made changes to this by now? All they did was put the ones on the side 2 inches forward so they’re on the ground, but they’re still in a not vehicle friendly position for the amount of difficulty required. You’re spending more time fighting to the Wardens than fighting the Soldiers. March on Stormbreak doesn’t have you fight a bunch of Covenant on the way to the Hunters. They spawn together in the same place.
    And this is not even including the many design choices that goes on with Firefight.

> 2535429585915411;7:
> > 2533274827215546;1:
> > Even on Heroic, that objective with the 4 soldiers on top of the armory followed by 3 wardens in the base is extremely challenging and often failed. On Legendary it’s downright impossible. Maybe now can we get this objective removed and replaced?
>
> Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to offend you or be an -Yoink-, but maybe you’re not good enough or don’t have a good strategy? I often find myself losing a round in Firefight but if you play it enough or ask around, you might find the right strategy for the job. Anyway, I wouldn’t be surprised that it’s really hard since it’s on Heroic Difficulty.

There are very few strategies for taking down 3 Wardens in a Home Base in under 4 minutes without resorting to “a lot of firepower”, and even that is not 100% effective because of the small space the Wardens are in, and random teammates that may or may not be helpful.

Just because it’s on Heroic difficulty doesn’t mean it’s free from problems.

The best part is, there is another map that does it right. Escape from ARC spawns 3 Wardens right in the open.

I was never able to win on this map until heroic wzf. Now I’m a perfect 3 for 3. Been getting nothing but darkstar and prospect lately.

It also needs man cannons. If the game is going to spawn me at the garage every -Yoinkin’- time, then the least they can do is put down some cannons so I don’t have to cross the map after each death

It was nearly impossible for me when firefight first came out but it’s been made much easier now.

> 2533275007059966;12:
> It also needs man cannons. If the game is going to spawn me at the garage every -Yoinkin’- time, then the least they can do is put down some cannons so I don’t have to cross the map after each death

This

> 2533275007059966;12:
> It also needs man cannons. If the game is going to spawn me at the garage every -Yoinkin’- time, then the least they can do is put down some cannons so I don’t have to cross the map after each death

This is frustratingly true. I feel your pain.

Don’t get me wrong, the map itself isn’t all that hard on Heroic, and I find getting to round 5 is certainly more possible than not. It’s just that the final objective is a nightmare. The mythic warden spawning in the very back of the base is a huge problem, since by the time you get to him and clear out the prometheans and the other two wardens, you pretty much can’t fight him with wraiths or tanks, and you just don’t have the time to fight him with power weapons.

I used to be horrible at all things Urban on WZFF. It felt like I went 10-20 matches prior to finally winning one there. Now I’m much better due to a few things:

  • In the early rounds, if it can be splattered, then spawn a scout warthog (preferably ONI or Rally) and have at it. Maybe splatter a lot of their minions first to pad your score (and REQ level). - Try to stay out of any higher level vehicle until you hit REQ 6, then equip wheelman and grab either a scorpion or a wraith ultra. Do this as early as you can - it’ll help you both of the final rounds. - Ideally for the final round with the Wardens you’ll want at least half of your team in vehicles. I’ve actually had luck with wheelman+ghost ultra while a few others have tanks/wraiths. You’re able to distract and disrupt the warden while teammates lay into them with more punishing fire + you’ll be able to snag credit for more boss kills if you contribute appropriately as it’s very agile and inflicts quite a bit of damage.